PDA

View Full Version : Top end rebuild for a dirtbike

Dysco
Wed Jan 7th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Anyone have any idea on the process for doing a top end? My XT350 needs a little TLC in that department and I'm not sure what to do- Can I just pull the head and get it bored to the right size for the pistons I can find? Which machine shops do this? How did I get in this nutshell???

Hozerking
Wed Jan 7th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Anyone have any idea on the process for doing a top end? My XT350 needs a little TLC in that department and I'm not sure what to do- Can I just pull the head and get it bored to the right size for the pistons I can find? Which machine shops do this? How did I get in this nutshell???

don't know how but do know people that can do that stuff, I can put you in touch with them if interested.

-al

UglyDogRacing
Wed Jan 7th, 2004, 03:30 PM

I know someone that is real good and can probably save you a few $$$ by doing it at his home. PM me if you want his contact info.

12pointracing
Wed Jan 7th, 2004, 04:32 PM
...I spose I should continue to point out Sean @ Metro does this sorta thing on a daily basis and he is a CSC sponsor.

Not to slam any other suggestions, but why bother with the trouble of doing it yourself?? Sean will cut you a deal if you tell him you are a CSC member and I sent you (Dave).

:)

-dave

Anonymous
Wed Jan 7th, 2004, 04:38 PM
...I spose I should continue to point out Sean @ Metro does this sorta thing on a daily basis and he is a CSC sponsor.

Not to slam any other suggestions, but why bother with the trouble of doing it yourself?? Sean will cut you a deal if you tell him you are a CSC member and I sent you (Dave).

-dave

Loosely translated:

1. Tell Sean you're a CSC member. Get discount. Cheap pricing = good!
2. Tell him Dave sent you, AND get the extra bonus of a reacharound! (Sean gives 'em to Dave all the time, it's an extra perk) :shock:

12pointracing
Wed Jan 7th, 2004, 04:47 PM
...well, I can't vouch for the reach around but I am sure something could be worked out.

I mean, Ralph keeps going back for more so it must be good!

Anonymous
Wed Jan 7th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Oh that's right Dave, you just go there for the gerbils... :no:

UglyDogRacing
Wed Jan 7th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Hey Dyscofool- I would recommend you go see Sean at Metro for the reach-around and the gerbil escapades. The friend I was going to refer you to is more into the peanut butter and his rottweiler thing.....

12pointracing
Wed Jan 7th, 2004, 05:03 PM
...well, Sean does own a pit-bull.

Does that count?

(although, as Ralph can attest to and Hanna agreed to supervise in future instances, I suggest the "gerbil treatment")

BigE
Wed Jan 7th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Dyscofool,
If you've got a garage to work in and are interested in learning some "meck-a-neckin" that would be a good bike to learn with, alot simpler than a multi cylinder but still a four stroke so you can learn how to set timing and all that.
You just need a good manual and some patience :D

Dysco
Wed Jan 7th, 2004, 10:32 PM

-dave

Loosely translated:

1. Tell Sean you're a CSC member. Get discount. Cheap pricing = good!
2. Tell him Dave sent you, AND get the extra bonus of a reacharound! (Sean gives 'em to Dave all the time, it's an extra perk) :shock:

Will get a price from this Sean guy. I figure might be able to save a little if we keep it platonic.

(thereal)BigE- I do have a garage but it's cold out and the chick doesn't approve of wrenching in the kitchen. I do all of the work on my Beemer as it is and that's enough to keep up with in the winter- esp when I'm putting 70 miles a day on it. Half of me wants to do it myself and the other half just wants it done- that's the half that usually wins out and then when I do get a chance to do it myself I feel lame for paying for it.

Dakar is on... must go.

surfinspacegirl
Wed Jan 7th, 2004, 11:11 PM
...well, Sean does own a pit-bull.

Does that count?

(although, as Ralph can attest to and Hanna agreed to supervise in future instances, I suggest the "gerbil treatment")

:shock: Wait just a minute, I never agreed to anything of the sort :no: