PDA

View Full Version : Sportbike Northwest, August 24-27

FZRguy
Sun Jun 11th, 2006, 09:31 AM
This sounds cool.

http://www.soundrider.com/sbnw/

denverbusa
Sun Jun 11th, 2006, 09:27 PM
I grew up in Washington, unfortunatly I didn't discover sportbikes until I left the state. I didn't realize what a wonderful place the N.W. was for sportbikes (when it's not raining) until I went back with an eye looking at these roads I had traveled so many times now looking for twisties.

It would be a great trip.

CBRSue
Sun Jun 11th, 2006, 10:31 PM
8) Hey, FZRguy, thanks for sharing this link! I sent it to friends in Oregon. I love the pacific northwest. That's where I learned to ride. The scenic highway along the Columbia River Gorge on the Oregon side rocks, lots of hairpin turns and scenic waterfalls. The highways to and along the Oregon coast were pretty spectacular, too. Hope you get to check out this ride! Looks like it starts in Seattle, WA?
By the way, nice meeting you today at the picnic.
Susan

Player 2
Mon Jun 12th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Hit me up if any of you can sneak away for this. I'm staying a few hours away for the summer and would love to head over to check this out.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Jun 12th, 2006, 03:16 PM
I am seriously considering going to this --- via Lolo Pass and parts in between.

Player 2
Mon Jun 12th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Definitely let me know! I'm in Sandpoint, ID so it's not too far for me to either ride over or throw the bike in the truck and head over :up:

FZRguy
Wed Jun 14th, 2006, 09:38 AM
There’s a private road called Maryhill Loops Road that they open up just for this event...riders go off one at a time. :rock: If you’re an AMA member (you should be), there’s a good write-up about the event in the June issue. I've got the time off if I can just figure out the budget part... :|

Nick_Ninja
Wed Jun 14th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Here is the article you speak of. If at all possible I will be there. Wanna ride out there with me?

http://home.ama-cycle.org/membersonly/magazine/story_dl.asp?id=516

Player 2
Wed Jun 14th, 2006, 04:06 PM
I'll keep my eyes on this thread. Not on CSC too much anymore but PM me if you guys make a trip out of this :up:

FZRguy
Fri Jun 16th, 2006, 11:55 PM
If at all possible I will be there. Wanna ride out there with me?

Sure would. I’d like to leave on August 20 or 21. I don’t have to be back at work til the 29th at 10 PM, assuming I can get that week off.

Nick_Ninja
Sat Jun 17th, 2006, 04:49 PM
I have clued in a couple of other buds on this one. It will be great if it all comes together, :up:

FZRguy
Mon Jun 19th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Per the schedule, Friday and Saturday are the days to be at the rally. We could leave as late as Tuesday and still have three days to ride 1,300 miles. Leaving early Sunday gives us three days to ride down the coast via HW1 and east via HW50. What about lodging? I’d like to camp some to save the $$, but not sure if I can get that much gear on the FZR. We can double up and econo-lodge it pretty cheap.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Jun 19th, 2006, 08:27 AM
I'm planing to camp out all the way. I have a bivouac tent and will be carrying stove and all the other goodies to accommodate the most discerning traveler. The route I'm planing on taking will be north through WY and MT to ID HWY 12 (Lolo Pass) and dropping into the Columbia River gorge from the east.

I must hang up now because if this doesn't work out I'll be very sad :cry:

FZRguy
Mon Jun 19th, 2006, 10:04 PM
You know better than I regarding the route...just gotta work out the camping thing. I put in for vacation time today.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Tick ...................... tick ................................ tick ......................... I'm still thinkin' about it ................................... tick .......................... I think I'll have another beer and think some more about it. :guinness: :D