PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Love the Italians Picking on the Japanese...

Vance
Wed Jun 14th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Damn - when the Italians want to one up the Japanese... they really go straight for the throat... or in this case... the gut!

Taking FULL advantage of the recently released article in MasterBike naming the RSV-R the #1 all around sportbike or something along those lines after a number of tests and parameters based on real-world non-racing use...

Aprilia has been striking up adds across Europe and apparently in Japan as well like these:

(This first one was clearly scanned straight out of an Italian magazine I believe)
http://img421.imageshack.us/img421/695/pubblicit1xd1rb.jpg

and here is the original as it appears on one of the euro versions of Aprilia's website - minus the advertising stuff)
http://www.aprilia.ch/images/default/home_img_bg_fr_2.jpg

Jenny
Wed Jun 14th, 2006, 11:43 AM
:D Nice.

Teflon
Wed Jun 14th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Must be the ONLY industry rag to write that up.....haha

I`m Batman
Wed Jun 14th, 2006, 12:08 PM
hmm... that's odd... last i checked, the big Japanese 4 spanked the RSV as far as performance... hmm... I guess they're just mad that they keep getting their arse kick year after year... :D

Vance
Wed Jun 14th, 2006, 12:49 PM
hmm... that's odd... last i checked, the big Japanese 4 spanked the RSV as far as performance... hmm... I guess they're just mad that they keep getting their arse kick year after year... :D

I don't know what the criteria were for the comparo --- but I know its a lot less skewed than the US magazines (I've always disliked how they do their comparisons in the US magazines anyway) - that is - its my understanding they let in basically all bikes that qualify as "sportbikes" of a certain size into the comparo --- so if its like 950cc or higher - and sportbike styling - its in and gets considered. Its also apparently not about raw numbers or straightline performance - its about real-world usability and value. I haven't read the article to know why it won out --- all I do know is they said the best inline 4 was the Kawi for the money - but the best litre bike all around was the Aprilia. If I can find the article online somehow - I'll post.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Jun 14th, 2006, 12:59 PM
It woulda been cooler if he'd done it w/ nun-chucks.

Nunchakus if you want the correct spelling. Didn't know it so i googled it. :poo:

Feathered upstart!
Wed Jun 14th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Too bad Aprilia is going under :lol:

Bugkiller1
Wed Jun 14th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Here's Yamahas new ad for the R1:

JohnWu
Wed Jun 14th, 2006, 02:54 PM
:lol:

Love it! I have a new background

rybo
Wed Jun 14th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Here's Yamahas new ad for the R1:

Colin Edwards after the event:

"I was like, wow, things are getting kinda warm.....it took me like a nanosecond to jump off"

I`m Batman
Wed Jun 14th, 2006, 03:12 PM
It woulda been cooler if he'd done it w/ nun-chucks.
Nunchakus if you want the correct spelling. Didn't know it so i googled it. :poo:

Nunchucku is Chinese...

I`m Batman
Wed Jun 14th, 2006, 03:20 PM
:lol: Aprilia, the new revolutionize EXTERNAL (sometimes spontaneous) combustion engine! :lol: :P
"So fast, feels like you're on FIRE!"

~Barn~
Wed Jun 14th, 2006, 03:28 PM
:lol:

Dare I say....
Burn!

Fly boy
Wed Jun 14th, 2006, 03:43 PM
wth happend for it to explode like that?

Feathered upstart!
Wed Jun 14th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Fuel leak IIRC

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Jun 14th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Nunchucku is Chinese...
Well that's different than Nunchakus :lol:

I`m Batman
Wed Jun 14th, 2006, 04:30 PM
wth happend for it to explode like that?

oh... it's just good O' Italian engineering... :lol:

R1chie
Wed Jun 14th, 2006, 04:53 PM
The Italians are known for their hot cars, I guess they have hot bikes as well. :)

R1chie
Wed Jun 14th, 2006, 05:07 PM
That hot bike sure was cookin'
What is that old saying.. stick a fork in me I'm done? :lol:
http://www.motox.org/pics/stickaswordinmeiamdone.jpg

Aprilian Shish kabob
Aprilia on a stick
Fall off or fall on.. my Aprilia?
Where there is smoke, there is Aprilia.
Aprilia the Hun.
Johnny Storms new bike… FLAME ON! :lol:

The new slogan for Aprilia is "Bike Me".. after the way that baby cooked it should be Aprilia Flambé bite me.

KooLaid
Sat Jun 17th, 2006, 09:46 AM
I thought the sword should have been turned upside down? And you use a shorter sword, more like a long knife or tanto? You stick the tanto into the adomen(sp) , slice upward at an angle , then a slight slice up so that your bowles spill out?

Then if they really wanted to do it right, they should have had an aprilia leather wearing guy behind him standing with a sword ready to perform the daka kubi (?). But then again, that's an honor thing. So I guess to truely show shame for the loss, they wouldn't have anyone behind to decapitate the guy.