PDA

View Full Version : Black Canyon is looking good again this weekend

denverbusa
Mon Jun 19th, 2006, 07:44 AM
I would really like to do another trip through Black Canyon. Had way too much fun on last trip. Anyone up for another overnight trip or would you like to try leaving early (depart 07:00 :o ) and get back same day?

Anyone else have some thoughts?

Mark

Nick_Ninja
Mon Jun 19th, 2006, 08:22 AM
You can do it in a day --- a very long day :D

denverbusa
Mon Jun 19th, 2006, 08:34 AM
a VEERRRY long day in the Ducati saddle!

But I'm game.

Out 285 to Independence. Flip a U-Turn at Blue Mesa? Back over Independence, but return through Leadville and Loveland Pass.

Anyone know the total mileage?

Ghost Rider
Mon Jun 19th, 2006, 09:00 AM
17 + miles!!!!

:D

Bashed
Mon Jun 19th, 2006, 07:25 PM
I have been doing a loop out of CS twice a year out to the Black Canyon thru Aspen.The mileage is right @ 500.Nothing on the Front Range even comes close to that road or the one over McClure Pass down into Paonia.Last year I had two guys that couldn't feel thier fingers for 3 days after the ride.Complaints about not enough straights to rest,wrists hurting,butts sore,and the three older guys leaving them.It really doesn't get much better than that for me.
Late Bash

denverbusa
Mon Jun 19th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Nat your speedo's on the front tire. You have to keep that ZX-14's front down to add up miles accurately :lol: .

315 miles out via Morrison/285 / Independence to Sapinero
310 miles return via Independence/I-70/Loveland Pass/I-70/Morrison

Mapquest says about 12 hours. I assume that's at the posted speed limit :idea: .

The Busa parts will be properly smothed and colored for pick up on Saturday. Anyone want to try this on Sunday? I'll Put the beast back together on Saturday. Wouldn't dream of this on the Duc in one day.

Or do an overnight with differend routes and leave on Saturday at a reasonable hour.

Game on. Who's in?

Bash and CS group we could meet at Johnson Village ;) .

denverbusa
Mon Jun 19th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Bash,
I just noticed you work at Morse. How are the Orange Busa Parts coming along? Any chance to pick up on Friday after work? Then I could have her put back together and ready for Saturday AM?

Ghost Rider
Mon Jun 19th, 2006, 09:50 PM
I was just guessing-I guess!!

Don't think I can do this weekend.

Nat

FZRguy
Mon Jun 19th, 2006, 10:28 PM
The Grand Mesa and HW141 come close but 92 is arguably the best 50-mile piece of pavement in the state. Make a two-day trip out of it and stay in Cedaredge. The Grand Mesa on a Monday morning is worth it!