PDA

View Full Version : Anyone double-up their armour?

george
Wed Jan 14th, 2004, 09:25 AM
I received my gp armour from NewEnough yesterday and when putting it into my textile 2-piece noticed that there is enough room in the pockets to actually double up with the gp armour and the foam armour.

I've got mine doubled up for now and while it has made my jacket a bit tighter in the fore arms, it's not to bad.

So, I was curious if anyone else has done this? :?

yakuza
Wed Jan 14th, 2004, 09:28 AM
I stuff pillows into my leathers so that I just safely bounce down the road when I crash.

:lol:

KooLaid
Wed Jan 14th, 2004, 09:40 AM
you should mount wheels so you just roll away when you crash. Just like that rollerblade wheel suit guy in New york.

george
Wed Jan 14th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Are they the fluffy down pillows to better fit? Or the harder foam pillows for more support? :lol:

Ok, the reason I'm wondering is that the padding on the inside of the gp armour isn't really that thick. Nowhere near the double-density foam padding that originally came with my jacket. And, as I have no direct experience with either, I'm curious.

yakuza
Wed Jan 14th, 2004, 09:48 AM
Hehe, sorry, just felt like giving you a hard time. :)

Did you double up the armor everywhere, or just in your forearms? When you crash, I don't believe the forearm gets a lot of impact, it seems to usually be knees, hips, shoulders, etc. So the extra padding there might not buy you much.

The GP armor is designed for the plastic to absorb a lot of the impact, with the foam on the inside to add extra cushioning. Personally I feel more comfortable with the GP armor than dual-density foam.

A more important question might be, Does your suit fit you well? If you've got lots of extra room in your suit, then it probably doesn't fit right...

Hope that helps.

Edit: Doh, just read you had a textile 2-piece, which would explain the loose fit. I don't have a lot of experience with Textile, but they've always fit loose from what I've seen.

Hoopty
Wed Jan 14th, 2004, 10:10 AM
I stuff pillows into my leathers

Guess where he stuffs his leathers with pillows. :lol: :P

george
Wed Jan 14th, 2004, 02:32 PM
:pointlaugh:

george
Wed Jan 14th, 2004, 02:33 PM
you should mount wheels so you just roll away when you crash. Just like that rollerblade wheel suit guy in New york.

KooLaid, I did ask the dealer about trying out those training wheels but he said you hadn't returned them yet!! :shock:

george
Wed Jan 14th, 2004, 03:23 PM
hey no worries on the razing Yakuza. :)

Right now, I've got it doubled up in the elbows, shoulders and knees. I might be pulling out the foam and just run with the gp. Thanks! 8)

KooLaid
Wed Jan 14th, 2004, 05:54 PM

KooLaid, I did ask the dealer about trying out those training wheels but he said you hadn't returned them yet!! :shock:

Yeah, they're still mounted on my ass and back, so when i lay it down, i'll just roll off the road. You can have em next though :D

panther
Wed Jan 14th, 2004, 06:43 PM
I received my gp armour from NewEnough yesterday

how was that transaction?

george
Wed Jan 14th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Panther,

I ordered off their website. Went very well. I actually got my order a day earlier than expected. :)

This was my first experience with them, and so far - good.

yakuza
Wed Jan 14th, 2004, 10:23 PM
I ordered the GP armor for my previous Teknic suit, and the service was fast, fair-priced, and very curteous. They are an online business that I would be happy to buy from any day. :up: :up:

panther
Wed Jan 14th, 2004, 10:54 PM
sweet, thanks guys, i will prob order the boots they have on closeouts :D