PDA

View Full Version : Performance Cycle

BlueDevil
Thu Jan 15th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Well I know we all hada talk about them when they had their big sale. Some were happy and some were not. Spiderman had mentioned that asking for a better price may get them to actually give U a deal.

Anyway, Went down there with a buddy (along for the ride). He was looking to get a ramp for his dirt bikes. Now I am a far of Harbor Freights 35.00 pair special, but his truck is taller and he needed something longer than 6ft. So he finds a couple of cheap ramps there and decided it will work out. Price approx 80.00 (retail price) As I mentioned that perhaps he could ask them to drop the price. Heck even a few bucks would be great.
The responce was this "Nah we dont really mark things down because we sell things so cheap, we barely are above cost on most items" We tried again to see if maybe he would at least seek some council on it..... "Sorry" was the reply. Needless to say the ramp was bought at full boat retail and not even 1.00 off. Had he not needed them right away for a trip that weekend, perhaps he would have ordered on the net and got the same ramp at a better price, but in a hurry what can you do?

Anyway, I like the ability to be able to see stuff before I buy but as I said before U cant beat the net. I think Performance is the greatest shop around but I dont think Ill be dropping any cash there any time soon.