PDA

View Full Version : Ride Friday 6-30?

McVaaahhh
Tue Jun 27th, 2006, 11:25 AM
I've got friday off and am planning on gettin after it in the morning.

Anybody else interested?

I'm thinking 9:30 at the Starbucks at C-470 and Kipling to hit up Deer Creek Canyon. From there ride squaw pass, and then...???

It'd be a slower paced ride, I'm slow enough to drive Miss Daisy. :) :turtle:

Edit: I'm going to work on getting some sort of CSC discount for those coffee drinkers, my girlfriend works there and hopefully she can hook it up. :up:

wavelength
Wed Jun 28th, 2006, 11:26 PM
Im up for a nice ride on Friday. I wont be able to head out until 12 noon, but I will be keeping a pace beyond Mrs. Daisy's lifestyle :) . How does that sound to anyone?

denverbusa
Thu Jun 29th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Unfortunately I have to work on Friday.

FYI, Deer creek was REALLY dirty especially after the first switchback to the top due to the heavy rain prior to last weekend. Don't know how much will be pushed off due to traffic. Be careful in that section.

You should be safe on Friday but last Saturday there was a cop sitting on the road getting guys. He also had, what I assume was the local who requested they put some enforcement on the road, sitting next to him.

We lucked out last weekend and had a fellow ridder helmet tap us. Have fun.

rr-rider
Thu Jun 29th, 2006, 12:34 PM
I rode Deer Creek this morning and there was quite a bit of gravel still in the corners. There were clear tracks that could be ridden but you just had to be carefull.

Have fun on your ride.

Scott

McVaaahhh
Thu Jun 29th, 2006, 03:17 PM
I hit deer creek yesterday, and there was quite a few gravelly corners. One looked like a friggen beach. All in all, it wasn't a bad ride though.