PDA

View Full Version : Valve job

KooLaid
Sat Jan 17th, 2004, 05:40 PM
What's the cheapest place to get a valve job in my F4i? So far it's been in the $300 range. It's a shim adjustment/replacement valve system.

Hoopty
Mon Jan 19th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Taken from http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3647 Take 10% off the prices listed below for the club discount. :)

Yes, shops have different "levels" of a tune-up. Here we offer a minor, standard and major. On a inline 4 pricing is $143.00, $227.50 and $286 plus parts(plugs, oil, oil filter and air filter if needed or service if K&N or BMC)

The minor consists of
oil/filter change
set tire pressure
lube and adjust all cables
check and tighten if necessary nuts and bolts
adj. drive chain and lube
top off fluids
check brake pads
check lights
check for leaks
syncronize carbs. or throttle bodies
check compression

Standard tune includes
all of the above
adjust valves

Major tune includes
all of the above
change fork oil
change brake fluid
change coolant

I may have forgot to list a item or two but you get the general idea.

twins pricing 97.50, 162.50 and 221.00
single cyl. 65, 110.50, and 156.00
Northglenn, Co 80233
303-255-7050

KooLaid
Mon Jan 19th, 2004, 08:55 PM
cool thanks! but.....all I need is valve adjustment, labor and new valve cover gasket........ Alot of these shops throw in alot of extras I don't need. GENERALLY i take good care of my bike, except for that month long stint with nasty drive train, but I'm up to date on everything but the valves and suspension rebuild.

Tue Jan 20th, 2004, 01:27 PM
cool thanks! but.....all I need is valve adjustment, labor and new valve cover gasket........ Alot of these shops throw in alot of extras I don't need. GENERALLY i take good care of my bike, except for that month long stint with nasty drive train, but I'm up to date on everything but the valves and suspension rebuild.

Valve adj alone is $130. The valve cover gasket is rubber and reusable.

Anonymous
Tue Jan 20th, 2004, 02:27 PM
That's cheap! A lot better than your $300 quotes Koolaid, hell that makes it worth the drive to N Denver and then some... :up:

hcr25
Tue Jan 20th, 2004, 08:32 PM
Take it to Metro Powersports,Sean is very good and stands behind his work!
Also if you need a motor built ask sean about H.O. motorsports.
mike HCR25

KooLaid
Tue Jan 20th, 2004, 09:42 PM
Guy, I am THERE sometime around February 1st... Or is it better to wait till say early summer, later spring when the temperature goes up and the metals in the engine expand and stretch naturally???? Oh yeah, the valve cover gasket thing I was thinking about is because I have a seeping leak from what appears to be the valve cover. I'm about 3,000 miles overdue, the HIGH prices I've been quoted till I got ur killer deal, made me wait off and wait off. I'll take a peeps under my tank and check to see if it REALLY is the valve cover leaking, before I wheel it in. It's a half tank of gas there and back, but worth it at that price.

Mother Goose
Wed Jan 21st, 2004, 07:22 AM
Take it to Metro Powersports,Sean is very good and stands behind his work!

he is good..... but just don't let him stand behind YOU :o :P