PDA

View Full Version : Road Report: Squaw Pass

McVaaahhh
Sat Jul 1st, 2006, 03:07 PM
I road Squaw pass yesterday and it was a great ride!

There was no gravel on the entire trip, however they are finally repaving the east side. They've got about 2 miles of fresh blacktop down and the rest is bumpy like it always was. I had to ride through a construction zone for a while, but some of it was wide open and smooth as silk. :hump:

Hopefully by the end of this year it will all be in good shape. :up:

SXSMITH
Sat Jul 1st, 2006, 05:14 PM
I road Squaw pass yesterday and it was a great ride!

There was no gravel on the entire trip, however they are finally repaving the east side. They've got about 2 miles of fresh blacktop down and the rest is bumpy like it always was. I had to ride through a construction zone for a while, but some of it was wide open and smooth as silk. :hump:

Hopefully by the end of this year it will all be in good shape. :up:

Rode 6-pass route today. All was good.

Squaw, Juniper, Loveland, Hoosier, Red Hill, & Kenosha.

denverbusa
Sat Jul 1st, 2006, 07:42 PM
Been a couple years since I rode Independence. Bumpy as hell, expanding soil even got us air born once. Pot holes are too many but avoidable. Too many other good roads to enjoy. Might be a couple more years before I go back there. Rained all the way back too.

At least the $9+ burger was good.

RayCer
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:45 PM
Did Squaw yesterday and almost got hit head on! Some dumbass decided to pass a couple of bikers (the ones in tights, not leathers) around a blind corner! He was all the way in my lane and luckily I was able get up on the shoulder and he missed me by about 2 feet! Other than that, and the stain in my shorts, the ride was a blast!

McVaaahhh
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 05:57 PM
Did you chase him down and beat the shit out of him?

riverock
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 08:53 AM
yea the east side really needed a repave last time I was up there. Did they repair the whole thing?

N1KSS1KS1x
Sat Jul 22nd, 2006, 10:04 PM
Fanfreakintastic
I've been lookin for someone who knows the cond. of this road Thanx

mullhaupt R6
Sun Jul 30th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Where is squaw pass been trying to find new roads what do you think is the best roads

motorep
Mon Jul 31st, 2006, 06:33 AM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/motorep1/bike007.jpg

McVaaahhh
Tue Aug 1st, 2006, 12:29 PM
Where is squaw pass been trying to find new roads what do you think is the best roads

HWY 103 to Mt Evans off of Evergreen Pkwy

Badhabit
Wed Aug 16th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Have they filled in the wheel bustin ditch across 103 on the east end yet? :cussing:

I've been lucky, but it's bitten others I ride with.

dapper
Wed Aug 16th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Have they filled in the wheel bustin ditch across 103 on the east end yet? :cussing:

I've been lucky, but it's bitten others I ride with.
Yes...there's some smooth areas up there.:up:

Watch out for the Jeffco 50 for the last two times I've been up there, their SUV has too. (East side) After you enter the forest/turns, you should be good.

Keepitgreen
Wed Aug 16th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Just rode my bicycle up Squaw on Sunday and the new blacktop start at about 8KM up and goes for about 1.5KM.. Then there is another section further up at about 12KM.. I noticed that they have painted alot of the rough patches to do further repair I would guess.
:drink:

sprtbkbabe
Thu Aug 17th, 2006, 08:32 AM

The wheel bustin ditch is still there as it took out two rims on a Mini last weekend (luckily not mine :( )

Take it easy there

Badhabit
Thu Aug 17th, 2006, 09:42 AM
You would think they would make this a priority, they could at least fill it in to prevent the soil from eroding away. Every time it rains that thing gets deeper.:dunno: Oh well, good thing I've got 10 inches of wheel travel on the KTM! Squaw Pass is a fun ride with a variety of corners and not too far for us unfortunate souls that live in Southeast Aurora. Great hood ornaments by the way:applause: