PDA

View Full Version : Update on Gene Bazyl - see page 10

Pages : [1] 2

Spiderman
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 11:52 AM
Update on Gene's specific injuries and condition added to this post by Ralph.

As some of you already know, Gene (ebazyl) was involved in a bad crash yesterday at the track in La Junta. He is in the hospital in pretty serious condition at the moment.

We will post more details here once we find out from his family what their wishes are, but until then, we ask that you politely respect their privacy and not post up any details you may have heard.

Please keep Gene in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks

Update, 7/3 9:02PM:
I just got off the phone with Josh, who echoed family consent to tell you what I'm posting here regarding the circumstances surrounding the crash, and his medical condition.

On Sunday afternoon, Gene was involved in a crash with another rider at La Junta Raceway. The end result was that Gene T-boned the other rider hard enough to tear his own bike in two. Both riders were airlifted out of the track to a hospital in Pueblo with major injuries. The other rider died from his injuries last night, though I don't know the extent of what those injuries were.

Gene is in stable but critical condition in the ICU right now. His injuries include swelling around his brain, two fractured vertebra, broken ribs, and a broken wrist. I am also told that both lungs were collapsed initially. He is on a respirator, in a medically induced coma. Right now his prognosis is not so good - at last check he was given a 50/50 chance of survival, and expectations for permanent brain injury if he pulls through. The hospital was hoping he would stabilize enough for air transport to a Denver trauma center for better care, however that doesn't appear to be possible so the hospital is bringing a team of neurologists from Denver to Pueblo within the next 12-24 hours.

Right now, it's just a lot of wait-and-see. Gene was responding to voices he recognized, which is a good sign. The downside to that is it elevated his heart rate, increasing the blood pressure in his skull. As a result, anyone in the room with him at this point cannot talk, touch, or make any noise. Several people have been with him nearly constantly; I will also be going to see him tomorrow with some more folks. I do not want to post hospital information on here since I'm not 100% of it, however anyone wishing to go down can contact myself or Bob for more information. Obviously the visitation hours are going to be strictly controlled by the hospital.

I'll try to keep this updated as I know more information. That's all for now.
- Ralph

Update, 7/13: The latest turn of events is documented on page 10 of this thread. Click here (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=84516#post84516) to go directly to the post.

cu360r6
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 12:04 PM
I hope what I heard wasn't true. Gene you're in my prayers.

konichd
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 12:06 PM
I just talked to Gene Friday night when he ws getting his bike ready for the track....this is definately sad to hear :(

Bueller
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 12:25 PM
Good luck Gene. Hate to hear this. :(

sprtbkbabe
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 12:38 PM
Hope this isn't as bad as it's sounding already :(

God willing, I hope he is going to be ok

Mel
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 12:49 PM
We love you Gene.

rybo
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 12:50 PM
Bob,

If Gene or his family need anything that I can provide, I am willing.

In the meantime he is in my thoughts.

Scott

Keyser Soze
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 12:53 PM
Thoughts go out to him and his family. Hope he's okay :(

NineTwoFour
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 01:02 PM
Gene,
Kristie and I are praying for you.

busagirl
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 01:05 PM
Get Well Soon Gene! :( My thoughts are with you and if there's anything you need just let me know!

~Barn~
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 01:06 PM
Bob... I know that you are wanting to find out what the wishes of his family are, but please do let us know of any major developments.

I'm in contact with someone who is on their way to go see Gene at the hospital today, and I realize that the situation isn't good at all.

We all love Gene, and are of course wishing the very best for him.

vmax2003
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 01:12 PM
I just met him last Thursday night at Cal's. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

rforsythe
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 01:20 PM
Our thoughts are with you, Gene!

I'm heading down there tomorrow, what do you guys think about maybe getting together tonight and signing a get well card from everyone? Brecks is probably out since there is a Rockies game, but we could meet somewhere else perhaps.

vmax2003
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 01:25 PM
that sounds good.

busagirl
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 01:34 PM
I can meet up anywhere so just let me know time/place.

sprtbkbabe
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 01:37 PM
I can meet up anywhere so just let me know time/place.

:imwithstupid:

Buddau
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 01:41 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you Gene. Get well soon.

Monkey
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 01:58 PM
Best of luck Gene, we don't always see eye to eye or even close, but I wish you well and hope for a speedy recovery.

Hoopty
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:02 PM
Get well Gene, you know we are all praying for a quick and full recovery.

Lurch
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:15 PM
Get well soon Gene....

Lurch

Boy Scout
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:22 PM
Best wishes for a full recovery, Gene. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

King Nothing
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:40 PM
heal quickly, Gene! Prayers for a quick recovery.

mtx1
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:55 PM
We will be praying for you Gene! Hope you have a quick recovery!!!

~Barn~
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:13 PM
I just talked with Big-J, who is at the hospital now, with Gene's parents and sister. (And others).

Basically the current situation, is that Gene is in critical condition, and the staff is waiting to determine if he can be transported to Denver. Without going into detail about specific injuries, things are obviously very touchy.

Anyhow, I hope nobody's toes feel stepped on by me providing this update. I just know a lot of you are concerned. Continue to wish him luck or pray, of that's your thing.

busagirl
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:35 PM
So time/place for the card signing?

Spiderman
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:46 PM
Not sure yet. Ralph and I were discussing that.

One option that came up was Caldonia's since quite a few people know it, but it might also be busy due to it being a holiday & game night. The old CSC meeting spot (Starbucks at Quebec & County Line Rd) came up as another option (probably won't be as busy). Ralph is in-transit right now, but should be back online later to confirm a time and location.

friscokidd
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:49 PM
our thoughs and prayers are with you gbaz! Hope you make a speedy recovery!

rforsythe
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:04 PM
What do you guys think about the starbucks off Colorado and Mississippi? Probably more centrally located for everyone... Could do the one down south too, but anyone not from there is in for a long drive.

bulldog
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:05 PM
Gene you are in my prayers and I ask God to take care of you.......

vmax2003
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:05 PM
sounds good for me..what time are we looking at?

busagirl
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:06 PM
That works for me! :up:

vmax2003
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:14 PM
ree give a call when all is said and done about the meeting at starbucks ok im off work and heading home.

rforsythe
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:17 PM
Card signing stuff here:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7155

Player 2
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:28 PM
Wow :shocked: Heal up quick Gene!

Suki
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:32 PM
Gene, you crazy Ukraine! get well soon so we can go camping again and you can wear your black socks with your shorts!!!!! love you kid, see you soon!

T-byrd
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 05:29 PM
If you have been looking for an excuse to pray, now would be the time. Or if you would like instead, please send any and all positive energy his way, or do both please I am.

Tanya

rforsythe
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 05:34 PM
Come sign the card tonight, too!

cosp600rr
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 05:35 PM
we will all be thinking about you hope you get better soon Gene.

dapper
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 05:35 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

TONI
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 05:36 PM
Gene, you are in my prayers. Get well soon

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 05:39 PM
Wishes of a full and fast recovery. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

McVaaahhh
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 06:25 PM
Best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery! I hope everything works out alright.

Filo
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 07:49 PM
Gene, my family and I are hoping and wishing for a speedy and complete recovery. Get well.

rforsythe
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 09:13 PM
I have updated the first post in this thread with information about Gene's medical condition. Please don't spread more information than what you see there, it would be easy for rumors to get out of control. We will keep you updated with the latest factual information.

Chanda
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 09:28 PM
Gene I wish a fast and healthy recovery, you're a cool guy and I hate to hear of this stuff happening to you. I'll be praying for you

rybo
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 09:47 PM
The family and friends of the deceased rider have my condolences and thoughts.

Gene is one of the nicest people I've met from the club. Always willing to show me a line or give me a pep talk when I was riding like crap. I have a heavy heart thinking about him being hurt in such a bad way.

Ralph, Bob...thanks for the update, please keep us posted.

Mel
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 10:04 PM
Keep on pulling through Gene...one day at a time. luv ya!

wulf
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 10:12 PM
WOW! He sounds like a true fighter, keep it up.

If I can do anything for him or the family, let me know, i am off work for a while, so i can drive people or whatever.

Very sad to hear of the other rider, any further updates on him?

jplracing
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 10:56 PM
Guys.....

I do appreciate the attempts to keep the rumor mill under control until I was able to confirm with Gene's parents their feelings about notifying people.

For anybody I may have snapped at over the phone...sorry, but it has been a pretty stressful few days.

For what it is worth, it appears that Ralph's update with Gene's condition is pretty accurate. The next few days we should know more.

Thanks

Joe

Brizz
Mon Jul 3rd, 2006, 11:38 PM
All of us in Iraq (FOB Iskan) are pulling for you Gene. Our hearts and prayers are with you...

Dub
Tue Jul 4th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Gene, get better kid!!!! It's the only option

Jenny
Tue Jul 4th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Talking to the docs and nurses this evening, they say that he's doing the best he can possibly be doing for the injuries he has and the condition that he is in. His heart is beating strong and they sounded very hopeful. The next few days will be the most critical for the head trauma and the next couple weeks will tell a lot about how quickly and fully he may recover.

The nurse said that strong, feisty people do the best, and that describes him pretty well. I will be back down in Pueblo tomorrow and we'll give another update then.

green_zx7r
Tue Jul 4th, 2006, 12:34 AM
Gene,

Hang in there man. I'm hoping for a full recovery. Sending positive energy your way.

Yusuke

BigE
Tue Jul 4th, 2006, 01:44 AM
This is very sad news!:( Our prayers are for healing for Gene and his family and the family of the deceased rider, Godspeed brother.

Dave
Tue Jul 4th, 2006, 04:12 AM
The family and friends of the deceased rider have my condolences and thoughts.

Gene is one of the nicest people I've met from the club. Always willing to show me a line or give me a pep talk when I was riding like crap. I have a heavy heart thinking about him being hurt in such a bad way.

Ralph, Bob...thanks for the update, please keep us posted.
I couldn’t agree more.
Get well Gene; you’re in my prayers.

R1chie
Tue Jul 4th, 2006, 08:21 AM
I only met Gene once, he sure likes racing, my prayers go with him and his family. Get well soon.

jplracing
Tue Jul 4th, 2006, 10:21 AM
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=26294

FZRguy
Tue Jul 4th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Just hearing about this horrible news. Get better Gene!

Condolences to the rider that died. Does anyone know his name?

King Nothing
Tue Jul 4th, 2006, 11:02 AM
out of respect for the rider who passed away and his family, that information is being kept confidential.....

Brizz
Tue Jul 4th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Its amazing how fast shit can change. Life does have many 90 degree turns.

jplracing
Tue Jul 4th, 2006, 11:16 AM
I have spoken with Gene's Dad this morning. Gene remains in stable but critical condition. The neurological team arrived very early this morning and are attending to him.

At this point they feel that transferring Gene to Denver will not happen for about a week.

The family has also asked that I become the point of contact for people wanting updates, etc... in an attempt to not overload the hospital staff.

I will do my best to keep this thread updated as information comes in. If you need to contact me please don't hesitate

Joe
303-961-2669
jlogalbo@msn.com

~Barn~
Tue Jul 4th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Thanks for everything you're doing Joe. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we help you with, as well. I'm sure the days have their overwhelming moments, being as involved and as close to Gene as you are, so let us know if there's anything we can do. You know we'll get it taken care of. =)

AshliRider44
Tue Jul 4th, 2006, 11:45 AM
After spending many hours at the hospital yesterday with Jenny, Bertha, Joe, and Genes family it was definately heart wrenching to see someone you truly care about like that. Please pull through this and come back to us Gene. Regardless of what everyone believes, please keep good thoughts of him in your head and send him and his family your prayers. Dave and I called the hospital and Genes sister Veronica this morning and hes still doing good (for his condition) shes going to call me when the team is done and let us know any other information. :(

jplracing
Tue Jul 4th, 2006, 01:44 PM
It has come to my attention that rumors are continuing to circulate about Gene's condition. In detail someone has decided that it was appropriate to begin telling everyone that Gene accident was fatal.:banghead:

I will say this one more time. Gene's condition is stable, though very bad.

Should anyone wish to state anything different, please do so to me personally and I will be more than happy to correct whatever problem you seem to have

mclarke
Tue Jul 4th, 2006, 01:49 PM
for the few times ive met you, you are a great person.

My prayers are absolutely with them.

TimA
Tue Jul 4th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Gene,
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
I remember when you first came to the track. I was your instructor at the MRA school, and I knew right away you had potential. Over the last few years you have shown us all that you can ride. But more important than that, you always raced in a humble and respectful manner.
If your strength of character is any reflection on the strength of your recuperative powers, I am confident you can come through this.

Tim Young #46
MRA Track Marshal

Butterfly
Tue Jul 4th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Gene hope you feel better soon and keep fighting! My thoughts are with you!

Stuart Little
Tue Jul 4th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Gene, you were and still are one of my closer friends of this board. There are few people I would have wanted in my corner for any type of battle be it mental or physical and we need you to pull through this like we know you can.

jplracing
Tue Jul 4th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Effective immediatly

Gene is no longer allowed to receive visitors until further notice.

His parents do appreciate all of the well wishers and people that have gone down to see him.

I will update if/when I know more

Thanks

Joe

Vance
Tue Jul 4th, 2006, 06:55 PM
I just wanted to send my best wishes and vibes to Gene and his family through this ordeal.

I know Gene and I had our "outs" thanks to the former roommate of my residence about a year ago this time - but we'd patched up the relationship and I like to think we'd started becoming something of sociable commrades in concepts and even maybe something of tentative friends.

I will be sending all my good vibes and best wishes I can to Gene since I'm not one to pray. Heal fast Gene. I for one want to hear "I'm Gene Bazyl Bitches!" at the Freedom/House Warming Party II later this summer.

Spiderman
Tue Jul 4th, 2006, 08:10 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone for their well wishes and offers of help. I told Gene's father today that there are many people out there (all of you from the CSC and MRA) who have Gene in their thoughts and prayers. He was very touched and thankful for this. Gene's parents have repeatedly and politely declined all offers of help to date, but I reaffirmed that if they needed anything at all, not to hesitate to call either me or Joe.

Spiderman
Tue Jul 4th, 2006, 08:18 PM
That information was published in the Roadracing World article that Joe posted a link to:

silkboxr
Tue Jul 4th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Best wishes Gene. Get well soon....

rforsythe
Tue Jul 4th, 2006, 09:47 PM
We left the hospital a couple hours ago, after only getting to see him for a couple of minutes before we were asked to go back to the waiting room. The pressure around his brain had begun to increase again, and at the time we were being told he might need additional surgery to help reduce that, since the drugs didn't appear to be doing their thing as well as hoped. Jen just called me and said that his pressure is now stable, and for the time being he won't need that surgery. It's fluctuating a bit, but that's expected.

Today through the weekend are considered the most critical for a patient with injuries like this, so that will tell a lot. In the meantime, the neurology team from Denver is there caring for Gene, and he's fighting strong.

Mel
Tue Jul 4th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Glad to hear things are looking a lil better this evening.

Brizz
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 06:26 AM
I have talked to many ppl on my FOB and a few of em are putting something special together just for Gene.

Lucky
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 07:10 AM
I had NO idea this happened until now. It is so unfortunate. My thoughts and prayers are with Gene and his family. :(

CBRChick
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 08:12 AM
:( My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of Aaron...

My thoughts and prayers are also with Gene... nothing but positive thoughts for his recovery.

jplracing
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Morning update:

Talked to Gene's dad this morning. Gene had to under go another CT scan early this morning. The did discover that the oxegen levels to the brain were low and they are working on increaseing those levels.

Other than that the situation is pretty similar to what they were last night in Ralph's update.

The no visitors rule has not been lifted yet, but I will let everyone know if/when this changes.

Thanks

Joe

jplracing
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Mid Moring update

Just got off the phone with Gene's dad.

The oxygen levels in Gene's brain are begining to increase which is a good sign.

Thanks

Joe

Jenny
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Very good that it's improving pretty quickly!

Spiderman
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 10:35 AM

Mel
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Hey Ralph/Bob/Jenny/any admin:
Can you guys maybe sticky this thead? There are people checking this many times a day for updates.

AshliRider44
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Who else couldnt sleep last night? :(

Mel
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Me....I haven't been feeling like doing much of anything.
And thanks whoever stickied this.

Cat118!
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 11:22 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with Gene and family and friends
Get Well soon Gene!

mclarke
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 11:25 AM
This shows us all, no matter what skill level, no matter where you are, we all know how dangerous this sport is.

It is sad to see great riders go down, and to go down in a way which was mostly out of their control.

On the street or the track, we are never safe.

Gene is a great guy, I met him on a few Caldonia's Nights.. Always loved to sit there with me and BS about bikes, the track, safety, and any other helpful tips.

We all know he will make it. Keep your prayers up.

Boy Scout
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 12:17 PM
That information was published in the Roadracing World article that Joe posted a link to:

It is my understanding that Aaron was not an MRA member or a racer. I don't know if he was a CSC member or not. In any case, he was a fellow rider and had ties to individuals in these organizations. Does anyone have any information regarding services and/or memorials for Aaron? Is anything being organized at a group (MRA/CSC) level?

jrok929
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Gene get better buddy! My thoughts and prayers are with you. Fight hard bro!

salsashark
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Does anyone have any information regarding services and/or memorials for Aaron? Is anything being organized at a group (MRA/CSC) level?

http://www.legacy.com/denver/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=18351157

Buddau
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Mid Moring update

Just got off the phone with Gene's dad.

The oxygen levels in Gene's brain are begining to increase which is a good sign.

Thanks

Joe

:) Great news. Keep up the prayers and good vibes guys.
RIP Aaron

green_zx7r
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 04:28 PM
That's wonderful news, thanks Joe.

I'll keep sending positive energy to Gene!

jeaven
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Wow, just got home and find out.

Send my thoughts and best wishes for a full recovery to Gene and his family, I look forward to rooting him on in the future.

towneh
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Hang tough Gene. For a while, nothing will seem right for you. Latch on to something or thought that calms you. Then think about the other things that make up that item that calms you. We're out here hoping and praying the best for you and yours. Take your time.
Sincerely,
Haya Henry

KabanaGirl
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Best wishes for Gene for a full recovery...:(

Bat
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 07:30 PM
So very sorry to hear about this. :(

RIP, Aaron.

I haven't met you yet, Gene, but here's to the day I will. You have made quite the impression in these parts - lot of people out here who care deeply about you from what I have seen :) . That is the true measure of our lives.

Thinking of you and yours and hoping for a complete recovery with the chance to ride again, should you desire.

FZRguy
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 07:57 PM
I’ll be riding in the MS150 Bicycle Tour this weekend, which travels over the Royal Gorge Bridge on Sunday. I’m dedicating my ride to Eugene…I’ll be thinking of you bro with every pedal stroke. I’ll let the rest of my team know of Gene’s condition and we’ll channel up some serious positive energy his way. Also, since I work for 1STBank, I’ll look into opening up an account for the benefit of Eugene’s medical expenses. I’ll post up here when I get the account number and details.

Mel
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 08:02 PM
John:
Get in touch with Joe Logalbo (his number is posted above) regarding the benefit account. I know that Joe was planning to look into doing this, and I am not entirely sure how far he has gotten with it.

FZRguy
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Will do. Also, I need some stickers for the ride. I get off work at 7 am on Friday and can pick them up from whoever has them.

FZRguy
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Just talked to Joe and he's already in the process of setting up an account.

bandido
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 08:50 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

-PUCK-
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Geez, I was outta state for a few days and just found out about this today. I was shocked to say the least when I got the call about it. Gene, I have been and will continue to pray for you bro. You are too good of a person for something like this to happen to you. Keep up the good fight brotha, I have faith in you!

Brizz
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 10:07 PM
I have something special in store for you Gene..

Rick T.
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Gene,
I heard about the incident just earlier and my heart sank to the floor. My prayers go out to you and your family, Gene... get well soon buddy.

Condolence to the poor soul who passed away.

Spiderman
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 11:45 PM
I have something special in store for you Gene..:up:

S2RGRL
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 11:54 PM
This is truly a sad, sad event :(
Gene, my thoughts and prayers are with you...please pull through.

Aaron R.I.P.

Jenny
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 12:05 AM
This evening's update - after some surgery today, pressures in Gene's brain have dropped significantly and should not be a big problem from this point on. He was stable when we left tonight and I hope that this is a big step in the healing process. Joe can maybe elaborate on this later.

Mel
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Thank you for that info Jenny, that is the most excellent news I have heard all day. Now that he is "stable" do you know what their other concerns are with him at this time, or is it just let him sit and heal for a bit? Do you know if they are going to be considering visitors again, or is that halted due to risks of infection, etc.?

Suki
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the update Jenny, this is awesome news!!! :)

jplracing
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 07:28 AM
Sorry for not updating last night...kind of tired

Jenny is correct in her update. Gene underwent surgery yesterday afternoon in a attempt to releave pressure on the brain. If I understand correctly this type of surgery is pretty common place with head trama victims.

Bascially they were having problems controling the oxygen levels and blood flow to the brain. Therefore the removed a couple of sections of his skull to allow his brain to stop pressing against the inside of his skull.

Mel...at this point the surgery really doesn't change anything reqaurding his status. However, the fact that they are continuing to take these steps are further reinforcing the idea that the neither Gene or the hospital have given up. I don't believe he is able to have visitors etc... but will be talking with his later this morning for an update.

On a more positive note, his parents are begining to accept and request help from Jenny and I. Obviously, the task ahead of use are going to be pretty great and lenghty. It is good to know that so many people have offered assistance. We should be calling on all of you guys in about a week or so for the stuff we can't handle.

As always if you need to speak with me directly please call....303-961-2669

Thanks

Joe

Crash
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 08:00 AM
CrashCrain from TSBA just giving a word of advice,

We had a rider 2 yrs ago Tbone a car that made a left in front of him. He was in full gear but the impact besides breaking many bones gave him a Brain Shear Injury.

Basically the brain is damaged at the Neuron cell level. Or in laymans terms, all the little wires that control the thought process get torn from where they were connected. He gradually recovered from the coma one level at a time and is not the same person he used to be. He is now driving a car again but his life will never be the same and he cannot work in his former position as a programmer.

I wish ya'lls friend the best of luck and the faster the recovery the better. This is a dangerous sport folks so dont kid yourself if you think it only happens to the other guy. Since I started Racing I have broken 16 bones, dislocated my shoulder, sprained many joints, and I am currently recovering from surgery to repair my Broken Neck from a crash I had Racing at Texas World Speedway. I was lucky, I walked away from that high speed crash that broke my neck. Others that day were not so lucky. We had two others LifeFlighted out with broken Vertebra. I wont race again till 2007 and still have to wait another month befor I can ride my street bike again.

If you go to the track you had better have a back up plan when things go bad! My own father asked me if I would mind if he took out a life insurance policy on me.

rybo
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 08:17 AM
On a more positive note, his parents are begining to accept and request help from Jenny and I. Obviously, the task ahead of use are going to be pretty great and lenghty. It is good to know that so many people have offered assistance. We should be calling on all of you guys in about a week or so for the stuff we can't handle.

Joe,

I'm glad to hear that thing continue to progress for Gene and that his Family is starting to accept help from his "extended" family. As evidenced by this thread we all care greatly about Gene and want to see him through this in any way we can. Thank you for continuing to update us regarding his condition.

Please let us know what we can do to support you, it is tough to support a friend and family through a traumatic event and (I'll take the liberty of speaking for a few folks here) we will be here to support you when you need it. All you have to do is ask.

To all others, if you haven't gone to the "502" sticker thread yet to donate some money to help Gene and his family, please go there now. Get some 502 stickers to put on your car, bike, house, trailer or computer screen. Anything you can do will help at this critical time.

Scott

Buddau
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 08:25 AM
I'll donate!
Joe, did you say you were going to be at Caldonia's tonight with 502 stickers? Where is Caldonia's? 6:30 tonight?

Jenny
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Caldonia's is at Parker & Iliff across from Vickery Motorsports.

Buddau
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Oh, just across the street from The Piper Inn. I'll be there! See ya tonight.

jplracing
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Yes I will be at Caldonia's around 6:30

I have a alot of calls and interest on the stickers...Thanks guys, it is appreciated

I also would like to thank Smitty at 10-80 for the idea and Frank Diranna at TBS for donating his time an materials to make the stickers...big thumbs up guys!

Joe

Spiderman
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 09:10 AM
To all others, if you haven't gone to the "502" sticker thread yet to donate some money to help Gene and his family, please go there now. Get some 502 stickers to put on your car, bike, house, trailer or computer screen. Anything you can do will help at this critical time.If you haven't been able to find the "502" sticker thread, just click here: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7183 (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7183)

rforsythe
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 09:19 AM
I think the stickers are gonna sell out Joe, make sure you bring enough! ;)

Keyser Soze
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Yeah...I've got a lotta people interested..already collected some cash....

jplracing
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 09:49 AM
I think the stickers are gonna sell out Joe, make sure you bring enough! ;)

Ralph I am fully expecting them to sell out. Frank was only able to put 60 in my hands prior to his departure to Miller. He is bring a few hundred to Miller.

Either way, I am assuming that we will need more made but I can't get that done until after the weekend

Joe

rforsythe
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Gotcha. :up:

busagirl
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 09:51 AM
So is this gonna be 1st come 1st serve? Because I'd like some and I'll even drive all the way to Caldonia's to pick them up!! :)

Mel
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Joe:
Let me know what is needed...my work schedule is a little odd at times, but I basically have off 4 days a week that I can help out. That, and I will be back down there to see him as soon as he can have visitors again.

Also, to confirm what you said Joe: the surgery that he had is very very common, and done for most brain injury that they think there is a chance to recover from but needs a lil more than just meds and time.

Sully
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 09:58 AM
This is horrible news.... my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Gene..

Joe - I'd like a couple stickers as well, but won't be able to make it to Cal's tonight.... I'll try and find someone to pick me up some... Also, if you need help with anything, please don't hesitate to ask... I'm happy to help however I can..

Keyser Soze
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 10:15 AM
I've already sold 25...probably gonna double that by the end of the day. I'll be there tonight.

busagirl
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Well then sell me some Roberto!! I don't wanna miss out!! :cry:

jplracing
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 10:20 AM
I understand that the demand is going to be great. Just because I run out tonight doesn't mean they are not availible.

Please see the Sticker thread for details on how to order them online.

Joe

jplracing
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 10:22 AM
So is this gonna be 1st come 1st serve? Because I'd like some and I'll even drive all the way to Caldonia's to pick them up!! :)

Yes

mclarke
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 10:54 AM
502, in my prayers.

I will not be able to make it to caldonia's but I will get a chance soon to donate and pickup some stickers.

Please let me know whatever I can do as well.

Keyser Soze
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Do we have any idea what these stickers look like.

jplracing
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Jenny just got off the phone with Gene's sister.

They are currently waiting to speak with the doctor about the results of the surgery.

However, all of his vitals appear to be very good and he shouldn't be on the rollercoaster rider of the last few day.

Good news!

I will post more as we know

Thanks

Joe

T-byrd
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Thank goodness, lets hope that from here it's all good news.

Tanya

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Holy shit! I don't think I ever met him, but I'm terribly sorry to hear this news. Best of luck to him and his family and friends, hopefully he'll make a full and speedy recovery.

Godspeed to the other rider, and condolences to his family and friends.:cry:

Mother Goose
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 11:20 AM
from the sounds of it... they are 1" x 3", say 502, and are white. But that's just my guess. ;)

I might be able to stop by and grab a couple stickers tonight as well.

~Barn~
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 11:34 AM
<snip...>However, all of his vitals appear to be very good and he shouldn't be on the rollercoaster rider of the last few day.

Great news! Very encouraging.
=)

Jmetz
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Wow..Very, Very sad to hear about this. Gene, I wish you the best and am pulling for you to come through this the best you can! You are very fortunate to have so many who care about you. I can only hope to be so fortunate.

My condolences to the other rider and his family.

green_zx7r
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 12:58 PM
That's great news!!!

I just ordered some stickers myself and will wear them proudly on my bike/cars/baby crib.

Hang in there Gene!

Yusuke

Spiderman
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 01:05 PM
from the sounds of it... they are 1" x 3", say 502, and are white. But that's just my guess. ;)
:yes:

They are die-cut (as opposed to on a rectangle or otherwise).

jplracing
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 02:29 PM

Does it really matter?

Keyser Soze
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 02:30 PM
No, i just had a few people ask if I had any idea what they looked like.

mtne
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Damn, these things suck..... Haven't met the man, but here's another stranger thinking good thoughts for Bazly. Heal strong.

mtne

LadyT
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 06:12 PM
This is so sad to hear. I hope and know he will pull through he is a very strong person. I really wish I could go and see him, but at the moment I am in Sicily and wont return for two weeks. So please all of you send my prayers for him to his family.

Thank you

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 06:21 PM
I'd like to donate, but I'm not into the whole paypal thing. Is there another way? Ralph, Spidey? I trust you guys to send a check to. Let me know.

Glad to hear he's doing better, and look forward to meeting him.

Keyser Soze
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the stickers Joe! These things are gonna be everywhere by the time I'm done.

Jenny
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 12:45 AM
I'd like to donate, but I'm not into the whole paypal thing. Is there another way? Ralph, Spidey? I trust you guys to send a check to. Let me know.

You can send a check to me if you like. Let me know how many you want and where I should send them back to.

Jenny Locicero
7452 S Norfolk Way, Aurora, CO 80016

Rob - you are awesome!

Brizz
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 03:48 AM
Joe/Jenny- THX for spending so much personal time on this...I know its difficult with everything going on...I know he or anyone would repay the favor. Such a great group.

jplracing
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who showed last night and everyone that has sent a paypal payment. Your efforts are very appreciated.

Also, last night Jenny and I were able to talk with Gene's family. His status has not changed from my previous post. So it does appear that everything is pretty stable.

His sister was also able to locate this thread as well as the one on the MRA board. It seems that his family was unaware that Gene had so many friends and your support has been very overwelming. They are very touched with everyones support. Jenny (and probably me) is going to make a trip this afternoon/night to visit and she will make sure the family has access to the CSC and MRA and can respond to everyone.

Thanks again,

Joe

bulldog
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who showed last night and everyone that has sent a paypal payment. Your efforts are very appreciated.

Also, last night Jenny and I were able to talk with Gene's family. His status has not changed from my previous post. So it does appear that everything is pretty stable.

His sister was also able to locate this thread as well as the one on the MRA board. It seems that his family was unaware that Gene had so many friends and your support has been very overwelming. They are very touched with everyones support. Jenny (and probably me) is going to make a trip this afternoon/night to visit and she will make sure the family has access to the CSC and MRA and can respond to everyone.

Thanks again,

Joe
Joe just wanted to tell you "thank you" for keeping us all updated (and everyone else that has posted info). I check here for the status of Gene and really appreciate you posting us on his progress. Gene, your in my prayers everyday man........

rforsythe
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 08:46 AM
FYI, this is also on the ASMA and USBA boards, as well as gixxer.com. People are pulling for him around the country!

Mac020
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 11:13 AM
This is so sad!

God's speed fallen rider!

Get well Mr. Bazyl!! I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts!

rforsythe
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Donna and I just came from the services for Aaron... It's a very small world indeed, I went to high school with his brother and my sister actually went to prom with Aaron (she came with us)... Saw Justin Meyer there as well as Beth soon-to-be-Leleck (I think we just missed Jason), otherwise it was all non-racing people. The place was still packed though, I can tell he will be missed.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 01:23 PM
This is sad :(

R.I.P.

~Barn~
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 01:26 PM
R.I.P Aaron...

I looked up his name in Google and saw that he was quite the student at Colorado University. Even had one of his projects/papers, published on the net. Sad that he's gone. =\

rforsythe
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Yeah, from the many stories people shared about him, he was one of about the most accomplished 25 year olds you're ever likely to meet...

Lucky
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Yeah, from the many stories people shared about him, he was one of about the most accomplished 25 year olds you're ever likely to meet...

I believe he is only 22 even. I am 1 day older than him.

rforsythe
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 01:45 PM
No. His obituary said 25, and if he went to prom with my sister, he is not 22. ;)

Lucky
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Whoops, thought you were talking about Gene. Didn't read Barns comment before yours.

Ytry2
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 02:52 PM
FYI, this is also on the ASMA and USBA boards, as well as gixxer.com. People are pulling for him around the country!
And the SMRI boards ;)

Keyser Soze
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 03:23 PM
And BARF

T-byrd
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 03:45 PM
And BARF

And the Ducati Monster List too. Gene's getting prayers from as far away as Manilla and Australia on the above mentioned site.

Tanya

busagirl
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 03:51 PM
And the Ducati Monster List too. Gene's getting prayers from as far away as Manilla and Australia on the above mentioned site.

Tanya

:up: Not to mention all my peeps out on myspace from all over!!!

Suki
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 04:04 PM
that's one popular kid!!!! it's breathtaking how many different clubs, organizations and people are supporting him and praying, damn gene you'll have a lot of thank you cards to send out! lol, just hurry up and get better kid!

Mel
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Agreed Reeann....I have gotten responses and prayers from myspace guys in Mexico, New Zealand, and Italy. At least one AMA? racer guy on my myspace page also reposted the bulletin to go to all his friends list too.
Gene is just a great guy all around, and anyone who sees or hears about him knows that I think.

EliR6
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 04:38 PM
I'm thinkin about you Gene. Be strong buddy!

His story made it over to the R6 board too.

Buddau
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 05:48 PM
That would be cool if Gene could get mentioned during an AMA race. Anyone got AMA's number?
Any updates on Gene's condition today? Now that he is "stable", will he be moved to Denver soon?

RIP Aaron.

Big-J
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Thats a good idea Buddau! Im gonna be working for Dunlop at Laguna again this year and I can get in touch with the right people, but Im sure someone with the MRA can also. I will check it out, unless I hear it has already been done.

Lurch
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Joe or Jenny,

So what is the next step for Gene? Is it a wait and see deal right now or do they start to bring him out of a coma? Are they waiting to do anything till they can get him to Denver?

Thanks for all the updates I don't have access to a computer at work and have to wait till I get home for updates. It's the first thing I do when I get home.

Lurch

rforsythe
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 08:02 PM
The last I've heard, is that it would be at least a week from this Tuesday before he would be stable enough for transport; that puts it at early to mid week next week before they'd consider it. This could change I suppose if he showed marked improvement. Jenny told me they would keep him in the coma for a couple weeks as well.

They may have a better update later, I think they went to Pueblo this evening so I don't think they'll be to a PC in the near future. :dunno:

Airreed
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Godspeed in your recovery; you have a long and hard road ahead of you remember never quit on your recovery.

We all have your "back" on this one.

Jason

rforsythe
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Met with Reean tonight, and we're workin on a little somethin for Genie... Stay tuned!

Mel
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Ralph lemme know where I can help out...I feel so lost right now.

rforsythe
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Will do Mel, we'll need help propagatin' and perpetratin'. This is gonna be big!

Suki
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 10:23 PM
ooh ooh!!! the suspense is overwhelming!!!!! someone, fill me in!!!! i wanna be a perp!!! or a prop!!! whateva!!!

jplracing
Sat Jul 8th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Guys,

Sorry for not posting today, but I really didn't have access to a computer.

Gene continues to be on somewhat of a rollercoaster ride. This is to be expected with these types of injuries.

Apparently, he is still on the no visitors list. I have plans to be down tomorrow as well and will update as soon as I can, but realize that I really won't have access to a computer

Thanks

Joe

Butterfly
Sat Jul 8th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Ralph let me know if there is anything we can help or do.

Desmo
Sat Jul 8th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Gene we are all pulling for you man… get well soon..

rforsythe
Sat Jul 8th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Joe, like I said give me a call and I can post stuff up for you. ;) Also give me a call when you get a few so I can talk to you about this thing we're planning.

Erratic
Sun Jul 9th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Man I just read what happened and went through 8 pages reading all this. My stomach has dropped to the floor. Gene, I realize I don't really know you, but man all my thoughts are with you. You can pull through this. I am just at such a loss for words.

My condolences to the other rider and his friends and family.

The Black Knight
Sun Jul 9th, 2006, 12:07 PM
This is terrible to hear. I've only seen Gene at a few track days. Guy is insanely fast. Its devestating to hear when riders go down and go down hard.

Get well Gene, God be with you.

requiescat in pace Aaron. My prayers are also with your family.....

Jenny
Sun Jul 9th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Here's the latest on our friend...

On Friday morning, Gene's condition worsened. His lungs failed to pump oxygen through his blood stream normally and it was some time before they were able to get his oxygen levels back up to a safe level. While he has improved over the weekend, the lack of oxygen circulating for a somewhat significant amount of time has likely affected his brain and caused irreparable damage. We will know more when he goes in for his next CT scan. Visitation is still limited to family. There is not much more that I can explain, but if you have questions or need to talk, please call me. 303.332.6072.

Jenny

Mel
Sun Jul 9th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the update...I would say more, but I don't think I can even find words to describe how devastating this is.

Bueller
Sun Jul 9th, 2006, 08:14 PM
This turned my guts inside out. Hopefully it isn't as bad as it sounds........

S2RGRL
Sun Jul 9th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Jenny, thank you so much for the updates. I appreciate the phone call earlier. I wish things were looking more hopeful :( This is just all very sad. What happen to our friend is quite unfortunate and we all wish it never occurred. Its crazy what life presents us. Anytime you want to talk...i'm here for you.

Vance
Sun Jul 9th, 2006, 09:16 PM
I'm absolutely stunned by this update.
I too can only hope for the best to come of this and believe in the fact Gene is a tremendous fighter - and have hope that he will fight through this as well.

Dysco
Sun Jul 9th, 2006, 09:23 PM
I've been gone since the 29th. Shocked to see this- it's a terrible shame.

We're pulling for you, Gene.

-PUCK-
Sun Jul 9th, 2006, 09:28 PM
JOE - please let me know if there is anything I can do for you (including JENNY & BERTHA!!!):) as you guys make your trips to Pueblo. Wether it be a place to crash or a hook up on a good meal or anything passing through the Springs. Being closer, I might be able to make a day easier on you guys.
Mark
492-0261 (call anytime)

Oh yeah, post up when he can take on visitors!

~Barn~
Sun Jul 9th, 2006, 09:34 PM
=\

Sad news, but I want to encourage you all to continue to be hopeful for Gene. People can and have recovered, and we need to try and not become disheartened. Yes... things need to go his way, and the road is going to be difficult no matter what, but I'm going to continue to have faith in his doctors and his spirit.

Somebody very, very special to me, once had their heart stop and layed in essence "dead" in our kitchen for upwards of 10 minutes, before she was found. Just like Gene, there was a very grim prognosis, because of the great amount of time that passed w/out oxygen circulating to the brain. For that matter, she had to be "de-fib'd" 3 times, before they even could get her heart back started. Well.... with a good long stay in the hospital, some fine medical care, and certainly some luck, and she's still very much alive today and w/out any of brain injury that was expected. Please continue to be hopeful for Gene.

I may not believe in a higher power, but I certainly do believe in the human spirit, and our personal will. Don't fail Gene's spirit, by allowing yours to fail you. Be hopeful.

Brizz
Sun Jul 9th, 2006, 09:55 PM
The body is very resiliant. Its amazing what it can go thru and still continue to be normal..Gene is a healthy guy and takes care of himself..Im sure this minor setback will not affect him..Soon.

Butterfly
Sun Jul 9th, 2006, 10:03 PM
I'm shocked by the update and wish the best for Gene :(

Let us know what we could do to help, our house is too open,
call us anytime 719 930 1707. Thank you for keeping us all updated.

BigE
Sun Jul 9th, 2006, 11:00 PM
I will keep praying to Lord Jesus for healing and recovery!

Get better soon Gene!

Nick_Ninja
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 12:44 AM
I'm not going to call you personally as I'm disenfranchised beyond any normal recognition ---- whatever. My thoughts are with the guy no doubt.

N_N

LadyT
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 01:43 AM
This is such sad news to hear and this is killing me to be so far away to be there for anyone....my family and I will continue our prayers...and pray that we get our friend back....

Love ya Gene

Lucky
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 06:16 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you every day Gene.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 07:04 AM
Good post Barn. I too believe things may not be as grim as they sound. Just because the POSSIBILITY of damage due to low O2 levels exists, doesn't mean it will happen. One thing to remember is that brains in a coma don't need or use as much O2. We're pulling for ya Gene.

Jenny, I'm sending the check this morning. Thanks.

salsashark
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 07:08 AM
Prayin for you Gene...

I use humor to get through tough situations:

mclarke
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Barn, thanks for posting that. Human spirit is a very powerful thing, No matter what you believe. I have been and will continue to pull for him with everything I can.

Get better buddy... You know we miss you.

busagirl
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 08:52 AM
:cry: :( :cry: :(

Suki
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 09:02 AM
love ya gene, keep fighting!

Thanks Jenny and Joe for keeping us updated, as everyone else said if you all need anything at all, help with while your in town, meals, taking care of house/pets (cats excluded) let us know.

staying postive and looking towards the future :)

lth
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 09:14 AM
I've never met you, Gene, but I'm pulling for you, my motorcycling brother.

Wahooman
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 10:25 AM
I don't know what to say......did a lot of thinking at the track this weekend....missed watching you go through the corners Gene!!
Here at Stan's we put this up today for him:

jplracing
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Morning update:

I talked with Gene's dad a few minutes ago.

Things are pretty much the same. However, the hospital staff is making plans to allow him to breath a little easier. This procedure (sorry don't know the term) should be happening today.

As always, as I know more I will try and get the boards updated.

Thanks

Joe

rforsythe
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the update, Joe.

Stuart Little
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Gene,
We're all pulling for you to come through this.

Wahoo,
Thanks for putting up the sign of support.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Morning update:

I talked with Gene's dad a few minutes ago.

Things are pretty much the same. However, the hospital staff is making plans to allow him to breath a little easier. This procedure (sorry don't know the term) should be happening today.

As always, as I know more I will try and get the boards updated.

Thanks

Joe

My guess it would be a tracheotomy. It is a standard procedure for ventilating trauma patients. It can also be reversed after it is no longer needed.

green_zx7r
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Keep fighting Gene!
We're all staying positive, and sending good energy your way! :)

rforsythe
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 11:28 AM
I know the trach was planned Jeff, that could be what they're doing now...

Nick_Ninja
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 11:30 AM
It's a more direct method of oxygenating the system.

jplracing
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 11:31 AM
I know the trach was planned Jeff, that could be what they're doing now...

Sorry guys...yes it is the trach...the term just escaped me when I was typing the post.

Joe

Buddau
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Why would they do a tracheotomy? Is this a good thing?

rforsythe
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 12:08 PM
It's standard procedure, the intubation he's had until now isn't really meant to be a long term solution.

Hoopty
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 01:45 PM
We missed you out in MMP this weekend Gene. :( You and your family are still in our prayers!!!
Bertha, hit me up

Dub
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 05:48 PM
It's standard procedure, the intubation he's had until now isn't really meant to be a long term solution.

Plus the vocal chords can get damaged if they leave the tube down the throat for a long period of time.

Get better Gene!

nessa
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Just wanted to drop in and say GET BETTER SOON!!!

:puppy:

Buddau
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Plus the vocal chords can get damaged if they leave the tube down the throat for a long period of time.

Get better Gene!

Good point. My mother was on a ventilator for a week. When they took it out, it took over a month for her voice to get back to normal.

Get better Gene. There is no other option!

Butterfly
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the updates. Sending good vibes his way

Ms-iam4u2nv
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 07:44 PM
I guess I've been away too long and it's only been a few days! I just heard about this earlier from Josh. I don't know Gene personally, but it's still a hard to hear of something like this. I am so sorry to hear about the accident. My condolences to Aaron's friends and family. Nothing but positive wishes and thoughts for Gene and his family. Heal up soon and well!! Thanks for all of the updates too guys!

TFOGGuys
Tue Jul 11th, 2006, 09:43 AM
We are deeply saddened to hear Gene was injured, and our deepest sympathies to Aaron's family and friends. Get well soon, Gene!

Keyser Soze
Tue Jul 11th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Any updates?

Hoopty
Tue Jul 11th, 2006, 03:21 PM
I haven't heard anything today, but was there last night and not a lot of new info. Basically right now he's not stable enough for the trach or CT scan. We'll be back tonight and will keep you guys updated.

AshliRider44
Wed Jul 12th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Dave and I went again last night-- his numbers were surprisingly good but nothing has really changed. Joe, are they gonna do the tests today??

Brizz
Wed Jul 12th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Im very sure things will turn around very fast and he will be on the road to recovery in no time.

Suki
Wed Jul 12th, 2006, 09:14 AM
He's made it through his first week and is keeping steady, from the sounds of it, this kid is going to make it! it's going to be a long journey and he's going to continue to need our support.

Thanks again to those keeping us and the rest of his supporters up to date on his progress, love you guys!

friscokidd
Wed Jul 12th, 2006, 09:53 AM
yes, thank you for every one that is keeping us informed about his condition. And thank every one thats praying and giving their support! Gene will pull though, he's a tuff one :)

Jenny
Wed Jul 12th, 2006, 09:56 AM
*fingers crossed*

jplracing
Wed Jul 12th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Dave and I went again last night-- his numbers were surprisingly good but nothing has really changed. Joe, are they gonna do the tests today??

Ashli, I am really not sure if they were going schedule tests for today or not. But I will update if I find anything out

AshliRider44
Wed Jul 12th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Thanks Joe :)
Talking with his Dad it kinda sounded like they were hoping to get him in for those today or tomorrow... :dunno:

jplracing
Wed Jul 12th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Update,

Currently Gene's condition really hasn't changed. He continues to be on a rollercoaster ride.

On a more positive not Jenny, Josh, Hoopty, Ashli and I gave the proceeds of our fund raiser to Gene's parents. They continued to be amazed at how much support everyone has given them and asked that we pass on there thanks.

So, thank you to everyone that has contributed so far. From big donations to little it really is appreciated.

I personally, also need to thank Frank at TBS for all his help in printing and coordinating the effort.

Thanks

Joe

Devaclis
Wed Jul 12th, 2006, 12:09 PM
You guys all kick ass :)

Lurch
Wed Jul 12th, 2006, 06:25 PM

Grant_Me_Revenge
Wed Jul 12th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Gene, your crew runs deep. Stay brave, keep strong - you are in the thoughts of so many - proud to display 502

Sasha T.

jplracing
Thu Jul 13th, 2006, 01:30 AM
Friends, Fellow Racers and Riders,

It is with a heavy heart and deep sadness that we must bring you this news.

Gene Bazyl has succumbed to injuries he suffered on Sunday July 2, 2006. It was Gene's wish to be an organ donor and tomorrow, his donations will help to save others' lives.

Gene will leave behind his parents, sister and countless friends. However, he was able to leave this world while doing the thing he loved most in life and in the presence of friends. Those of us that are left behind will sorely miss Gene, but are much better people to have known him and will never forget the joyful memories he has given us.

We would like to thank all the people that offered their support to Gene, his family and all of us during this time. It really proves that the motorcycling community is made up of great people who are second to none.

Rest In Peace, Brother... Rest In Peace

Joe, Jenny, Josh, Bob, Dave, Ashli, and Mel

Chanda
Thu Jul 13th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Rest in peace Gene, you will be very missed. You were always kind to me, watching you and hearing about your races made me want to race even more.

Lot of love for his family.

Mother Goose
Thu Jul 13th, 2006, 01:50 AM
Big-J, myself and Reean went down there tonight to say goodbye to Gene. Thanks again Hoopty for calling J to get us down there.

Gene, you will be missed, more than you know. Everytime I make that damn chicken I'll think of you. :lol: Rest in peace brother.

Grant_Me_Revenge
Thu Jul 13th, 2006, 02:48 AM
a crushing heaviness and pain tackles the heart
an overwhelming loss - rest in peace Gene
goodbye is truly an agonizing phrase
remember you always - your face, your smile....502

sasha t

Zanos
Thu Jul 13th, 2006, 02:50 AM
Gene you will be remembered. My thoughts go to Gene's family and close friends. Thanks for everything bud.

LadyT
Thu Jul 13th, 2006, 03:05 AM
I just cant believe this. Such a beautiful life to lose...you will be missed Gene. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Love you honey!!!!!

Brizz
Thu Jul 13th, 2006, 03:13 AM
this is some of the worst news ever...Gene you will never be forgotten!.

If there is anything my family or I can do please let me know.

TONI
Thu Jul 13th, 2006, 03:44 AM
I am at a loss for words.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Gene you will always be remembered

R1chie
Thu Jul 13th, 2006, 04:19 AM
I am sorry to hear this news. Funny how circumstances allow us to meet people. I only met him once and I am glad I got that chance. Gene sold me his Scott's oil filter for my bike. I will remember him everytime I clean it when I change my oil reminding me of the joys and dangers or riding and racing bikes.

Suki
Thu Jul 13th, 2006, 04:24 AM
love you Gene, i dont know what to say. i want to be selfish and be angry that more could have been done to keep you with us, but at the same time i know that you had such a strong spirit, that you left us all with beautiful memories of you. that you touched us all in a way that we will never forget you, forget the memories, forget all the times spent together, i will never forget you Gene.

at times i wish that we would have spent more time together, on your house parties, freakin family guy parties!!! i just cant believe it. i cant believe i'm going through this again, this month, with such a wonderful person that the world hasn't had the opportunity to know.

i feel blessed that i was given the opportunity to know you, to be a part of your life, to know that you and my son interacted and you gave him pointers on dirt biking. i feel blessed, that once again i was able to be a part of some one special.

it's been a couple years Gene, since i've prayed to our Lord. But before, and tonight, i prayed to Him that if he will take you from this life that he will keep you close to Him... You are one of a kind, Gene. I dont think i've ever met another person, other than my cousin Mario Maestas, that had loved this life, loved those around him, and was such a positive influence on us all, than you two.

Love you Gene, always!!!

~ Kristina

Please know that you will forever be in our hearts.

EliR6
Thu Jul 13th, 2006, 04:37 AM
This is horrible news, I don't even know what to say. I only met Gene a few times, but he treated me like we'd known each other for years. He was one of the most kind-hearted people I've ever met. My heart goes out to his family, friends, and all the people who's lives he touched.

RIP Gene. You won't be forgotten. :( I'll have one last shot of Patron for ya buddy. I wish it could be with you instead.

Eli

Bueller
Thu Jul 13th, 2006, 05:29 AM
:cry: Sometimes it is hard to understand these tragedies. I will miss you Gene, my life has been much better for knowing you.

Ray-Ray
Thu Jul 13th, 2006, 05:37 AM
Gene Gene the Dancing Machine.... RIP Buddy! I will truly miss you!

502 Forever in my heart!

Gramps
Thu Jul 13th, 2006, 06:07 AM
Gene will be missed

Godspeed to you and your family

Rest in Peace

monicle
Thu Jul 13th, 2006, 06:07 AM
Ive made armbands at my own expense for the players of What the Puck. In case anyone doesnt know thats the official/unofficial CSC hockey team. Its where I first met Gene. The armbands are about 2" in width and are black displaying 14 in white raised embroidered numbers. 14 was Genes player number on the team. In addition I think we will all be sporting the 502 on our helmets.
The last couple seasons Gene has been playing hockey on and off because of his race schedule and minor injuries related to racing/motorcycles. But now in a round about way its because of motorcycles that I will always bring him to every game I play for as long as I can stand in skates. My heart goes out to everyone who knew Gene and to everyone whose lives Gene was able to touch.

Keyser Soze
Thu Jul 13th, 2006, 06:14 AM
:( No words...

Vance
Thu Jul 13th, 2006, 06:31 AM
:( I'm not sure words can ever express the completely numb sensation I am having about reading this news.

Gene - I can only hope this means the pain you were feeling is at an end and you know that your spirit lives on in all of us who cared about you.

mclarke
Thu Jul 13th, 2006, 07:02 AM
This was not the news I was hoping to find in here...

RIP Brother... Ride fast in the sky, you know we miss you down here...

King Nothing
Thu Jul 13th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Vance put it best, I am completely numb. Godspeed, Gene. Rest in Peace.

Doug

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Jul 13th, 2006, 07:22 AM
Although I don't believe I'd ever met him, I am numb and incredibly sad with the news. Condolences to family and friends.

Godspeed, Gene.......:cry: