PDA

View Full Version : Support CSC, get some more features, help the club

rforsythe
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 05:16 PM
As some of you are aware, the recent upgrades were not free. In order to continue to have a forum with the features and speed that we want, we (I) had to purchase the software. We also will have yearly costs associated with this, as well as the usual ongoing hardware upgrades and replacements (like the drive that just blew up).

Up until now we haven't really asked for anything, however this club has grown by incredible numbers the past couple years, and I cannot continue to bear the burden of all site-related costs myself. A few of you have donated money and hardware in the past, but it has become an ongoing expense now.

First off, site support is OPTIONAL. We've never charged dues to be a part of CSC, and certainly are not going to start now. If you don't donate, nothing happens, you still get all the same features you're used to. However people who do donate and support the club will get some features added into their access, which include:
- A 'supporter' title below your name in all posts, so everyone knows you helped us out
- Your own personal photo galleries, accessible through the User CP, and viewable by all
- Ability to set your own custom title
- I'm also working out membership cards, which will be a part of this but may take a little while to get going.
- Increased avatar size to 100x100 and 50k
- Your own custom page on the site ('userpage'), complete with shoutbox/guestbook
- I'm trying to have it display a little silver or gold helmet by your name along with the supporter title. Anyone want to make a silver or gold helmet .gif for me?
- Plans are to add some more stuff a bit later as well, which will include a CSC webmail account, and likely things like your own blog/journal page and web page to show whatever you want (within site guidelines, of course).

There are also two ways of supporting - yearly, and lifetime. The yearly supporter is $15/year, and should (according to the manual... heh) renew automatically until you cancel it. The lifetime membership is $150, and basically grants you access to every cool feature we add from now until the end of time. If you're wondering where the money goes, first and foremost it covers site-related costs. After that, it can be used to help pay for things like parades, picnics, etc.

To donate, just click this link (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/payments.php). You can also get to that through User CP -> Paid Subscriptions (takes you to the same place). Pick the one you want, click order, and Paypal will do the rest. The payment should process right away and immediately grant the additional access, but if you pay by eCheck or have some other hold placed on it, this board won't update until the funds clear through Paypal.

Again, this is optional - nobody has to do it. But several people have been asking how to help support the club's costs, and this is the answer.

Please note, if you're wondering if anyone will just "get access", that list is short - it's limited to admins/mods (though we can get there anyway) and people who have donated money or hardware in the past to the club. Otherwise, it starts fresh from now forward.

Thanks!

Lurch
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 05:27 PM
I think I may have got the holeshot on this one.:rock:

Lurch

Bueller
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 05:29 PM
I demand a recount!

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 06:24 PM
The Snail is on your arses!

Filo
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 06:27 PM
I always knew that Lurch and Bueller were the biggest "supporters" I know. Now we all have confirmation.

~Barn~
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Dumbest...
Idea...
Ever.

Where do I sign?

Bueller
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 06:37 PM
I always knew that Lurch and Bueller were the biggest "supporters" I know. Now we all have confirmation.
But I am not nearly as "athletic" as you Adam :)

Lurch
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 07:18 PM
In order to support something this BIG!

You first must be used to supporting big things.

Lurch

rybo
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Right on!

Been looking forward to supporting the club!

Scott

Mel
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Does supporting the club give you the right to post whore freely?

rybo
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Does supporting the club give you the right to post whore freely?

Many do already without being a supporter. I am post whoring right now, and I can't begin to tell you how much fun it is!

dapper
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Ironic? "Post whore" eh? :p

Suki
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 07:05 AM
shut up dapper.

:lol:

Mel
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Ironic? "Post whore" eh? :p

well, since this is a thread about "supporting" the CSC, I was trying to keep it somewhat focused...what happens outside the CSC is no ones business :p :p

haywood jablome
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 10:16 AM
i just took the plung last night and signed up!!!

rforsythe
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 10:51 AM
BTW, if you do this using an electronic check, it can take up to a week to clear Paypal (and this thing won't automatically add you to the group until that happens). CC clears right away though. So if you pay by eCheck, you will need to PM me if you want access sooner.

Thanks to everyone who subscribed so far! Hopefully you find it worthwhile.

rybo
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 10:53 AM

Lurch

Depends on if you're in the sprint or the endurance race....:turtle:

Monkey
Thu Jul 6th, 2006, 08:54 PM
So if we donated in the past we're set for the access or need to donate again?

friscokidd
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 12:25 PM

Lurch

who has the video clip of Lurches FAMOUS hole shot? That was a freekin CLASSIC!!!

Sully
Tue Jul 11th, 2006, 12:01 PM
oh btw.... where did all of the CSC pics go ? Like the Halloween party, Brizz's Wacky Iraqi pics, etc ??

rforsythe
Tue Jul 11th, 2006, 12:05 PM
They're still stored on a backup of the old site, I'm trying to figure out how to move them from one to the other. Since the photo packages are add-ons to both forums, it's not as cut and dry as the posts, users, etc.

~Barn~
Tue Jul 11th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Screw the pictures. I have all the ones I want, saved locally... What I want to know, is if my "5 beers" can be restored. :lol:

rforsythe
Tue Aug 1st, 2006, 10:51 AM
Yearly/Lifetime supporter updated to include larger avatar sizes for supporters. :up:

rforsythe
Tue Aug 1st, 2006, 04:44 PM
Updated to include your own Userpage (kinda like your own Myspace page, but here on CSC). Editable directly within the User CP! I think you can post HTML, and generally whatever you want (within reason, and provided it complies with the usual site guidelines).

ALSO updated to include a section on service manual downloads! I will be adding my selection from home, and supporters can upload their own and share. For the time being, this is linked to under Bike Tech (but MAY be moved if I re-org for technical reasons).

Slo
Wed Sep 6th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Just sent in my donation.... Maybe certain forums should be reserved for supporters?

Player 2
Wed Sep 6th, 2006, 05:14 PM
What about username changes?

Duc'nnit
Mon Jan 15th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Hey Ralph, I just sent in my donation....Are you going to put a list somewhere on the site with the names and types of supporters?

~Barn~
Mon Jan 15th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Hey Ralph, I just sent in my donation....Are you going to put a list somewhere on the site with the names and types of supporters?

It's already part of the forum. It's the link in the main forum listings that says View Forum Leaders. (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showgroups.php)

Sortarican
Mon Jan 15th, 2007, 03:58 PM
I'm in.:up:

BTW,
Is the auto renewal 365 days from subscription date or a set date like the first of the year?

And thanks for all the time and effort you guys put in.

Toner
Mon Jan 15th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Screw the pictures. I have all the ones I want, saved locally... What I want to know, is if my "5 beers" can be restored. :lol:

Count me in! Now, where are those beers Barn is talkin about?

:guinness:

Mista Black
Mon Jan 15th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Shouldn't you really have 5 parking meters, Brandon?? Or was the one more than enough?? :lol:

~Barn~
Mon Jan 15th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Shouldn't you really have 5 parking meters, Brandon?? Or was the one more than enough?? :lol:

:no: Haven't we layed the parking meter thing to rest yet?? Okay... Here's what I propose.. Next time we go out, I'll make sure and prove it was a fluke, by clearing the jump (yet again) and getting a picture of it. Hell... it'll make a nice addition to MySpace.

If I do that, then we gotta let it die. I mean come on, think about it this way... riders crash their shit all the time, and we still get back on and return to form. Nobody beats it into the ground about their one crash. I need closure. :lol:

Actually.... couple summers ago, Gene was trying to snap one of me, but after doing it about 4 times and him missing the shot each and every time, we called it quits. I think we both figured we had pressed our luck enough. So we got back to:
:drink:

Either way, I would like my 5 beers back, or 5 parking meters. I believe I've earned it.
:D

64BonnieLass
Mon Jan 15th, 2007, 09:31 PM
I'm in sunshine. All about the Ralphie and the help he needs.
Ju ned tousands of dollas, oh baby, me giv tu tousands of dollas.

rforsythe
Mon Jan 15th, 2007, 09:48 PM
If I do that, then we gotta let it die. I mean come on, think about it this way... riders crash their shit all the time, and we still get back on and return to form. Nobody beats it into the ground about their one crash. I need closure.

Well, kinda... When people do bad or semi-routine crashes on bikes we don't beat it into the ground. But when they do something particularly and uniquely incompetent, it's like a rash from a hooker - it may go into remission for a while, but it will keep coming back again and again.

Mosquito - the yearly supporter thing should be one year from the date you got it, it isn't a Dec 31st thing or what have you (well, unless you subscribe ON December 31st, but really you ought to be out drinking that day)...

~Barn~
Tue Jan 16th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Fair enough, but for the sake of continuing this metaphor, all's I'm saying is that I only banged that hooker once, and the rash cleared up with some ointment. Those who give me the most grief about it, have yet to have sex, and are unlikely going to.
:D

MAZIN
Tue Jul 24th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Hey guys I'm in...give me a PM with donation suggestions

Bueller
Tue Jul 24th, 2007, 05:47 AM
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/payments.php

Sully
Tue Jul 24th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Where did our gallery of pictures go ??? :cry:

MAZIN
Wed Jul 25th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Hey man 50 years thats it? I'm 27 now and plan on kickin till atleast 120 a 100 min how about stretching my dollar a lil? ;)

rforsythe
Wed Jul 25th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Dude you're getting like 40 years for free. Plus if this site is still here in 50 years it will win some award for "longest running website - ever" or something.

Sully - got disabled for the mess of recent upgrades and I haven't had time to put it back yet. All the pics are still there though. :)

Devaclis
Wed Jul 25th, 2007, 02:43 PM
I seem to have misplaced my membership card. How do I get another?

mclarke
Wed Jul 25th, 2007, 02:46 PM
I believe you have my stapler...

Nick_Ninja
Wed Jul 25th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Hey man 50 years thats it? I'm 27 now and plan on kickin till atleast 120 a 100 min how about stretching my dollar a lil? ;)

The way I look at it, my Lifetime contribution will outlast my wear-bars-of-life indicators by many moons.

MAZIN
Thu Jul 26th, 2007, 02:41 AM
I was just joking anyway, I do plan on atleast 100 years but about the cash I was kidding.

Once i get my new atm card in the mail I'll do the Life...should be a couple days

MAZIN
Sun Aug 5th, 2007, 02:53 AM
ok done... Is there some sort of packet sent out?

MAZIN
Sun Aug 12th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Are these features listed up and running?

A 'supporter' title below your name in all posts, so everyone knows you helped us out
- Your own personal photo galleries, accessible through the User CP, and viewable by all
- I'm also working out membership cards, which will be a part of this but may take a little while to get going.
- Your own custom page on the site ('userpage'), complete with shoutbox/guestbook

Bueller
Sun Aug 12th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Sucka! :lol:

MAZIN
Fri Aug 17th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Sucka! :lol:

How so?

rforsythe
Fri Aug 17th, 2007, 08:01 AM
The two things not available at the moment are the user page and photo gallery; we had those going but had to do a series of software upgrades in short succession which required me to disable them temporarily. It's a little bit of work to re-add them, which will be done when R2SL is over and I have free time.

Devaclis
Fri Aug 17th, 2007, 08:07 AM
You are a damn busy man Ralph. If I knew the first thing about this I would offer to help out. I would not worry about the pic gallery too much. No one wants to see these ugly peeps :)

MAZIN
Sun Aug 19th, 2007, 12:17 PM
No problem at all just seems that I have no access in anything and the only thing thats showing is under my title. Maybe I'm missing how to do something, access through user cp right?

Dizzy D
Sun Aug 19th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Yes,

Everyone from R2SL will be returning tomorrow. He will be back by then.............. (Just an FYI)

MAZIN
Sun Aug 19th, 2007, 03:06 PM
TY TY

CBRSue
Sun Aug 19th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Sweet. I have been meaning to ask how to donate and become a yearly supporter, and this answered all my questions! :)

rockcrawlerdude916
Thu Jul 10th, 2008, 02:18 AM
I dont see anything at the top of the page where I can click to support the club??? Am I just blind or is it not really there?

Player 2
Thu Jul 10th, 2008, 02:46 AM
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/payments.php :up:

Spiderman
Thu Jul 10th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I dont see anything at the top of the page where I can click to support the club??? Am I just blind or is it not really there?Hmmm, aparently it's gone missing... must've happened with one of the upgrades.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/payments.php :up:
Thanks Jon, I've modified the first post to include the link (for people that can't figure out the instructions on how to find it). 8)

Player 2
Thu Jul 10th, 2008, 11:37 AM
np Bob :up:

~Barn~
Thu Jul 10th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Renewed.

Player 2
Thu Jul 10th, 2008, 12:05 PM
About damn time :D

BaldEagle
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Gents, I am new here. Does the club have shirts/stickers :)

Would love to support the community :)

~Barn~
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 12:43 PM
I shall call you.... "Eager Beaver".

Welcome to da club, Mike.

Snowman
Thu Feb 12th, 2009, 12:56 PM
I like Barns suggestion of a "Swap" Section...

*TNT*
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 02:23 PM
As some of you are aware, the recent upgrades were not free. In order to continue to have a forum with the features and speed that we want, we (I) had to purchase the software. We also will have yearly costs associated with this, as well as the usual ongoing hardware upgrades and replacements (like the drive that just blew up).

Up until now we haven't really asked for anything, however this club has grown by incredible numbers the past couple years, and I cannot continue to bear the burden of all site-related costs myself. A few of you have donated money and hardware in the past, but it has become an ongoing expense now.

First off, site support is OPTIONAL. We've never charged dues to be a part of CSC, and certainly are not going to start now. If you don't donate, nothing happens, you still get all the same features you're used to. However people who do donate and support the club will get some features added into their access, which include:
- A 'supporter' title below your name in all posts, so everyone knows you helped us out
- I'm trying to have it display a little silver or gold helmet by your name along with the supporter title. Anyone want to make a silver or gold helmet .gif for me?
- Plans are to add some more stuff a bit later as well, which will include a CSC webmail account, and likely things like your own blog/journal page and web page to show whatever you want (within site guidelines, of course).

There are also two ways of supporting - yearly, and lifetime. The yearly supporter is $15/year, and should (according to the manual... heh) renew automatically until you cancel it. The lifetime membership is $150, and basically grants you access to every cool feature we add from now until the end of time. If you're wondering where the money goes, first and foremost it covers site-related costs. After that, it can be used to help pay for things like parades, picnics, etc.

To donate, just click this link (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/payments.php). You can also get to that through User CP -> Paid Subscriptions (takes you to the same place). Pick the one you want, click order, and Paypal will do the rest. The payment should process right away and immediately grant the additional access, but if you pay by eCheck or have some other hold placed on it, this board won't update until the funds clear through Paypal.

Again, this is optional - nobody has to do it. But several people have been asking how to help support the club's costs, and this is the answer.

Please note, if you're wondering if anyone will just "get access", that list is short - it's limited to admins/mods (though we can get there anyway) and people who have donated money or hardware in the past to the club. Otherwise, it starts fresh from now forward.

Thanks!

I'd like to know if I could pay my dues with cash instead of using PayPal??? Let me know:slappers:

rforsythe
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 02:51 PM
I'd like to know if I could pay my dues with cash instead of using PayPal??? Let me know:slappers:

I generally discourage that since the automated method is just better. Cash is possible though if you can meet up with me at some point.

Snowman
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Cash?

Isn’t illegal to use any payment method that is not traceable through electronic means?

rforsythe
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Cash?

Isn’t illegal to use any payment method that is not traceable through electronic means?

How else do you expect me to pay for hookers and crack?

I mean, no it's not illegal. :D

*TNT*
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 01:11 AM
I generally discourage that since the automated method is just better. Cash is possible though if you can meet up with me at some point.

Sure thing :) I got two jobs downtown Denver and I'm really close to BreckBrew. Let me know what works for ya though :rock:

Matrix
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 08:11 AM
<----- Check it. Thats worth 15 bucks right thur!

Sean
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Yeah I did it last week. Figured I whore up enough on here I should toss down a few bucks. Besides, I have saved so much money on repairs, gear, riding tips, track advise and roadside assistance that I owe this place a lot more than $15.

*TNT*
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Yeah I did it last week. Figured I whore up enough on here I should toss down a few bucks. Besides, I have saved so much money on repairs, gear, riding tips, track advise and roadside assistance that I owe this place a lot more than $15.

Word Dude :applause:
I got my TilLeR because of CSC :cheers:

PunyJuney
Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 11:00 AM
So initially I jumped in with a yearly supporter fee, as there is more than enough great information in the forums to pay $15...but it then I checked with Spiderman and it seems the payment was not received. Since then I have met great people, participated in a few great rides and saved a fortune on service based on advice given here. Hell, riding with Sully is worth the price of lifetime admission on it's own :bananna:
Would the powers that be, please check on my paypal submission and make sure I actually paid this time? (I did get the email receipt.)
June
PS thanks for putting together and maintaining this club!

rforsythe
Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Got your receipt just now, thanks! (They come to me, not Spidey...)

PunyJuney
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Got your receipt just now, thanks! (They come to me, not Spidey...)

He did mention that. We were chatting about something else when I brought it up.
Thanks again!!!!

Hi11Zone
Sun Jul 13th, 2014, 10:42 PM
I'd like to lend a hand as I used to be very active here.