PDA

View Full Version : Sadalia to Deckers, Good ride, any dirt roads?

Sparker
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Well the title says it. looking to ride from Sadalia to deckers the "direct" route. never ridden it before so if anyone has let me know what its like. i looked on mapquest and it said that portions were unpaved so that kinda worries me. if anyone knows let me know!

Bueller
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Everything past the Sprucewood Inn is dirt.

Sparker
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 07:25 PM
so it wouldnt be a good choice to ride that then huh

Bueller
Wed Jul 5th, 2006, 07:28 PM
I have done it, actually I have ridden it both ways (to 285) and it can be done but it isn't a sport ride.

pilot
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 09:26 PM
I had the chance to ride the 12 mile version (all dirt) from the Deckers side of the Platte up to Sprucewood. It is ok and we managed to make an average of 20 mph. We were riding on a Kaw 1200 and R-1. There were just a few washboards, but you can ride around most of them. The bar at Sprucewood--that's were the pavement starts back up on the way back down to Sedalia serves up a strong drink and the pool table leans a bit to the left, ha. Hey, what can I say, I had a great time--excellent riding company. If you ride up from Sedalia, to check it out, the 12 mile road is the fork to the left. The fork to the right is only 3 miles, but it has a few steep sections and you gotta have a little "rear" brake experience. A pull on the front would be sure to dump you.

I did notice some road building equipment parked on the side of the steep road. Mmmm, perhaps they are finally going to pave it???

Pilot

Mac020
Sat Jul 8th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Do the loop from Deckers and take the 3 mile cut-off. It will be up hill through the steep part. Yes it is steep for a sport bike. All and all the dirt portions aren't too bad if you have some experience riding.

riverock
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 08:48 AM
sure would be nice if they paved that section....