PDA

View Full Version : Bridge washed out between Deckers and Westcreek on Hwy 67

pilot
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 08:31 PM
FYI:

pilot
Fri Jul 7th, 2006, 08:33 PM
More info:
The storm that passed through on Friday night the 7th took out a bridge on the road from Deckers to Woodland Park.

Mac020
Sat Jul 8th, 2006, 08:57 AM
My wife were coming back from Montrose Wednesday after the 4th. When we came around the corner on Monarch going into Garfield all Hell broke loose. I had to ride about 1/2 mile in a downpour. It rained and hailed for about 30-40 minutes. Fortunatly there was a covered skier entrance where I parked the bike and we went inside. We were certainly more fortunate about the timing than some other bikes we saw. They had to just stop where they were and just take it.

After the storm settled down we continued (in a light rain) to Buena Vista. Just north of Salida all the traffic on US285 was stopped because there was a river of rocks and water flowing across the road.

We could see the storm from where we were and were just skirting along the edge. the whole way into Bueni. That storm was huge and very dark.

riverock
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 08:47 AM
glad you made it back ok. I guess you could always wait it out at the Coyote Cantina if it gets real bad.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Saturday evening my buddy had 9" of hail at his home in South Park. He had to flip the switch to 4X4 to get up his driveway.

dapper
Mon Jul 10th, 2006, 06:32 PM
I heard on the news how 67 may take over 6 weeks to fix.

Apparently there's some creek side property for sale too.:dunno: