PDA

View Full Version : Darin has left Coyote

george
Fri Jan 23rd, 2004, 09:02 AM
I called Coyote yesterday to get some pricing on their R6's and found out that Darin, the sales manager John has refered to in regards to Coyote has left. :(

So no good deals there. In fact Jim, the salesman I spoke with quoted me an OTD price of $9,734 for an '04 R6!! :shock: The MSRP is $8099! :?

I asked him how much his S&H was and got a nice song & dance about not being to disclose how much they charged becase of how competitive the business is and how the R6 was such a hot bike that they had no trouble selling. I don't doubt that part...but wow!

I thought Coyote was supposed to be a pretty good Yamaha dealer price wise? :?

Anonymous
Fri Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:34 AM
Have you called Vickery to see if they'd be a little more friendly about the whole thing? I think Spidey had a contact there.

Anonymous
Fri Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:29 AM
I can't get anyone (including myself) a hookup there, but I would recommend Blake, the salesman I delt with. He was really helpful and is an enthusiastic motorcycelist. When I pre-ordered my '02 R1, Vickery was selling them at MSRP & wouldn't budge on that. I understand, since it was a redesign, and not an old model sitting on the showroom floor.

Fees that I paid:
$390.50 - Setup & Service
$99.50 - Delivery & Handling

Taxes were 3.7% (I live in unincorporated Jeffco). So, to figure out your OTD price, it should be
$8099.00 (if that's what MSRP is)
+$390.50 (unless it's gone up)
+ $99.50 (same as above)
------------
$8589.00 + Tax

What's your tax rate? We should be able to get a final amount w/that.

george
Fri Jan 23rd, 2004, 12:44 PM
thanks for the additional input on what they charge Spiderman! My tax rate here in the Springs is 6.4%. So to add that on puts me at $9138.70 and not the quoted $9734.

I'm not gonna sweat it though. :)

DenverDuc
Fri Jan 23rd, 2004, 01:56 PM
You guys got to be kidding me. That's outrageous for an 04' R6. I'll give you the shpeal on how I got my bike. I walked in to Powersports in florida and told them simply:
-8 grand OTD, yes or no? no number crunching, a simple yes or no
-I know shipping and freight is bullshit and Yamaha's dealer fee is not 150.00 dollars its 75.00. They got all pissed and I told them my firend works for Yamaha so I know the deal. Then to top it off I told them I wouldn't buy the bike unless they threw in a 400.00 Shoei helmet I picked out. When they said no, I said by and 2 seconds later they ran after me and 8g's OTD with a helmet. (the bike was 7300 before taxes). Even before I purchased it I was out at Powersports at 104th and like federal and I met with Lee Montez in sales and he had a number of 8188.00 OTD, not a bad number if you ask me. The only reason I didn't buy it is because I was going home for the summer so I just bought it in florida.
-(8g's is target price don't settle for anything else unless it close)
Just thought this thread might help on your quest to find a bike. Let me know how everything turns out. Good luck.

DenverDuc
Fri Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:01 PM
One more thing I forgot to mention it, I bought a an 03' in May of 03'. the price of an 04 might be a little more just because of timing but don't let it slide more than a a couple hundred. Remember they want your business.

Vance
Fri Jan 23rd, 2004, 02:13 PM
One other thing to consider too in purchasing a new bike is the market trend. Right now motorcycle dealers are NOT selling every bike they bring in --- unlike years gone by when they could and would sell every sportbike brought in within reason. Hell - look at Harley -- it was their 100th anniversary and THEY didn't even sell all their bikes. If memory serves - it was actually one of their worst sales years in the last 5 or so.

Anyway - long snippet short - from what I've been hearing elsewhere from collegues who recently purchased bikes (and obviously here) - YOU don't have to cave to their MSRP crap. Walk on them and see how quick they come to you. Hell - I kept getting calls from Fey Nuthuggers for WEEKS upon WEEKS with them begging for me to come in for a new 954RR after I stopped in once and had a 2 minute conversation with a guy where I feigned interest... the price just kept getting closer and closer to what I claimed I'd be willing to buy at.

Make them do it like Burger King - your way, or no way! :D

Anonymous
Fri Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:24 PM
Fey Nuthuggers :lol:

swademaster
Fri Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:52 PM
Check with Ken at Grand Prix Motorsports. 303-761-2471 ext. 2956. He got my Dad a good deal on a brand new '02 Bandit 1200S. He only had to pay the doc. fees, no setup and freight bullshit. But it was a '02 and they wanted to get rid of it and they still have 2 more.

dookie
Sat Jan 24th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Hey, George-

Darin is now back at Colorado Powersports- 303-442-4772 in Boulder and is selling Yamahas. Give him a call there.

JohnS
Mon Jan 26th, 2004, 06:21 AM
yeah Darin no longer works there but that doesn't mean you can't get a good deal there.

The difference between Coyote and any other dealership in town is Coyote will tell you the price up front. Most dealers will only quote the highest price over the phone if they give you a price at all.

In reality most dealers in Denver aren't going to dicount an R6 beacuse they know most will pay what they ask.

The best bet when it comes to buying in Denver is when your actually ready to buy you'll actually have to go to the shops for the best deal. Sadly most dealerships will blow off phone calls cause if you were serious you'd be face to face.

What color R6 are you lookng for? I'd be happy to talk to Coyote for ya!

george
Mon Jan 26th, 2004, 07:50 AM
Thanks for all the advice everyone and offers of help!! 8)

The R6 was one of my top two choices, the other being the 600RR. At this point, I'm planning on going with the Honda. The whole package just appeals to me that tad bit more to tip the scales. Still love the handling of the R6 though! Definitely an awesome bike. :)