PDA

View Full Version : Funeral Service for Gene Bazyl - update: Bikes Allowed

jplracing
Thu Jul 13th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Gene's parents call with the information about the furneral service

The service will be held at the Fairmount Cemetary Saturday July 15th at 10am

More information about location and directions can be found at

http://www.fairmountcemetery.net/

This will be an open ceremony so anyone that wishes to attend may do so.

Thank you,

Joe

rforsythe
Thu Jul 13th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Their website kinda sucks for directions, so here is the mapquest link. It's basically Alameda and Quebec.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=&address=430+S+Quebec+St&city=Denver&state=CO&zipcode=80247

Nick_Ninja
Thu Jul 13th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Thank you.

King Nothing
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Joe, may we ride?

rybo
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 07:12 AM
Doug,

I think in one of the other threads we were asked not to ride. If it's your only means of transport then by all means ride so that you can be there.

I'll be coming from the north and will have room in my truck for anyone who needs a ride. Please let me know ASAP, I would even be willing to drive out of my way if necessary.

I'd love to say that I was looking forward to seeing all of you, and it's true I am, but I would rather not be having this gathering.

Soon

Scott

King Nothing
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Oh, i didn't think there was a dinfinitve word yet. I can respect that.

jplracing
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 07:20 AM
Joe, may we ride?

At this point we have asked that people error on the side of caution and make plans not to ride.

I need to confirm somethings with his parents this afternoon and have promised that I will ask his parents feelings.

Whatever their answer, I would ask that we respect their wishes

More to come......

Joe

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 07:29 AM
Can't guarantee, but hope to make it. I won't be riding because my bike isn't done yet anyways.

I guess there's 2 schools of thought on this:
1. From all I've seen here, Gene WOULD have wanted us all to ride, as it was his life.
or
2. His parents are grieving, and maybe they feel it's motorcycles were the cause, when in fact it sounds like a tragic trackday newbie error.

RIP Gene

jplracing
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 07:30 AM
2. His parents are grieving, and maybe they feel it's motorcycles were the cause, when in fact it sounds like a tragic trackday newbie error.

This is our concern

salsashark
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 08:03 AM

This is our concern

While I see both schools of thought here as valid ones, the LAST thing that needs to come of this tragedy is more drama and tension.

JPLRacing... thank you for your help in coordinating all of this, please let us know what the family's wishes are and I'm sure everyone will abide.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
If riding is not wished, I will be coming from Iliff and Tower area, and if anyone needs a ride, please pm me. If needed, I can always put the seat back in the Jeep and take 3 more people.

AshliRider44
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Thats great that its an open door service. I'll see everyone tomorrow. Joe, I'll call you in a bit.

Jmetz
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 08:51 AM
I'll be coming from Parker and Iliff. If anyone needs a ride please let me know. I have room for one and a jump seat if your smallish. And I also don't mind if I have to go a little outta the way.

Brizz
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 09:04 AM
I really wish i could attend..I will visit when i get there if anyone is up for it then.

Suki
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Same here, Alan and I are off of Parker and Bellview. Please let us know if anyone needs a ride.

monicle
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 09:41 AM
me dai and jeff will be there from the hockey team.

jplracing
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 09:59 AM
I have confirmed with his parents about riding to the service.

Gene's Parents have changed their minds and would like to invite anyone attending to ride their motorcylce should they wish.

Also, they would like the ceremony to begin on time....so please arrive a few minutes early

Thanks

Joe

AshliRider44
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Joe, I found what I needed, Dave and I will be arriving early to setup.

For those of you bringing cards, donations, flowers etc. I will be bringing a table and a card box to setup.

Wahooman
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 10:19 AM
I am assuming flower arrangments can be sent to the funeral home directly........

T-byrd
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Does anyone know if there is a specific organization for donations?

Tanya

AshliRider44
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Tanya ask Joe about donations. The last race weekend we just collected and gave to the parents, thats why I assumed we could just use a locked card box for them to take home.

Wahoo-- that would be something to ask the place its being held at.

pg_rider
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Deb and I will be driving up from the Springs so if anyone needs a ride we can take two...

rforsythe
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 10:33 AM
I am assuming flower arrangments can be sent to the funeral home directly........

Should be able to, I know my dad is sending some over (his wife works with Anatoly, Gene's father).

snatfinder
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Tanya ask Joe about donations.

I'm interested in donating, but being in Tucson, I won't be able to make it to the service. Any charities, etc. that Gene would want supported?

-PUCK-
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 10:40 AM
I too will driving up from the Springs incase anyone wants to ride with with. I will need to kinda hurry back though (for anyone riding with) since I am doing something for the guys I work with at 1pm.

Jmetz
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Is there any plans on a get together after?

jplracing
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Wahoo...Ashli is right please contact the cemetary for the floral arrangments

T- we don't have anything formal...long story but apparently if we did formalize this, Gene's parents would have to report our donations as taxable income, therefore 25%+ would go to the government in taxes....you have to love democrats

Also, what does everyone think about meeting up at brecks say a 4pm after the service???

~Barn~
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Is there any plans on a get together after?

As a matter of fact....
Fellow racer and friend of Gene, Matt Gravina (whom we affectionately know as Yogurt, Yogi, etc...) was talking to me this morning on IM.

Matt wanted to extend an invitation to everybody who is honoring Gene tomorrow, to come out to his families private lake, after the services, or after whatever reception is planned.

It'll be an opportunity to try and have a little fun afterwards, and Matt said that there will be lots of BBQ'ing and everybody can get their wakeboard, tubing, water-skiing fix. Or just be there to hang out with friends. The lake is very near where the funeral is being held, as well.

Anyhow... Didn't mean to sidetrack the thread, but I wanted to put that out there. He asked me to let you all know. Matt and I will both be there tomorrow, so just find us if you have any questions. Or send me a PM or something.
=)

rforsythe
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 11:01 AM
T- we don't have anything formal...long story but apparently if we did formalize this, Gene's parents would have to report our donations as taxable income, therefore 25%+ would go to the government in taxes....

Before anyone does anything else with this, please give me a little while to work on an idea I have. I may have a legal way around the tax thing. Waiting for call back and I will let everyone know.

jplracing
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 11:14 AM
As a matter of fact....
Fellow racer and friend of Gene, Matt Gravina (whom we affectionately know as Yogurt, Yogi, etc...) was talking to me this morning on IM.

Matt wanted to extend an invitation to everybody who is honoring Gene tomorrow, to come out to his families private lake, after the services, or after whatever reception is planned.

It'll be an opportunity to try and have a little fun afterwards, and Matt said that there will be lots of BBQ'ing and everybody can get their wakeboard, tubing, water-skiing fix. Or just be there to hang out with friends. The lake is very near where the funeral is being held, as well.

Anyhow... Didn't mean to sidetrack the thread, but I wanted to put that out there. He asked me to let you all know. Matt and I will both be there tomorrow, so just find us if you have any questions. Or send me a PM or something.
=)

Barn, that could be pretty cool. I will tell you what. Someelse plan this thing and get it posted on the mra board as well....we will be there

Thanks

Joe

AshliRider44
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Barn, thats great. Let him know that Dave and I will be down for that. Thanks. :)

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 11:18 AM

Is the lake big enough for my boat, too?

Yogurt_146
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 11:21 AM
If anyone would like directions then give me a call 720-435-7623 but i will also be at the funeral so you can talk to me there also! i hope to see everyone that can make it!!

Matt Gravina

Yogurt_146
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Is the lake big enough for my boat, too?

hahaha no Dean, sorry, you'll have to settle for mine! haha

~Barn~
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Just post the directions, Matt.
:slap:

Yogurt_146
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 11:26 AM
The address to my house at the lake is 2160 S. Wolcott Ct. Denver, 80219

its just south of Evans and Wolcott is 5 blocks east of sheridan, its very easy to find!

Sully
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Thanks...

~Barn~
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 11:35 AM
I don't have an MRA board login... Can somebody translate this? Matt doesn't have one either.

Suki
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Thanks Matt and Barn, we'll be there!

AshliRider44
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 11:41 AM
I don't have an MRA board login... Can somebody translate this? Matt doesn't have one either.

Sure will.

Yogurt when should we head over there. I'm sure some of us would want to change first. like 1 or 2?

Sully
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 11:50 AM
And let us know what we can bring foodwise..

Dysco
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Kate and I wil be coming from coal creek canyon through Golden or Broomfield. Call 3O3-25O.2179 if you need a ride- 2 seats avail.

~Barn~
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Yogi said that he's going to lunch now, so I'm sure he'll check this when he gets back.

I think as soon as stuff wraps up, and there are no more service-related events to attend to, people are welcome to go over. I can't tell you what time that will be at, though.

Considering the time we have to work with, this might just be one of those play-it-by-ear type deals, so bring whatever kinda food makes for good sharing... stuff to drink... whatever...

Thanks for putting this on 'Gurt...

Keyser Soze
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Thanks for putting this on 'Gurt...

No kidding. That's awesome.

Yogurt_146
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Well I'm not sure what time the service ends but I will head to my house as soon as its over and everyone is welcome to come right away as well or later if they have other stuff to do first...and just so everyone knows, this is my aunts house and its a private lake that is in the backyard so anyone is welcome to change at the house if you want to bring your stuff with you! And as far as food goes, if eveyone helps out a little and brings a little something I'm sure we'll have plenty of stuff to go around! Also, just so there is no confusion, since it is a private lake, no one is allowed to bring any of their own boats or anything like that lol, we have a boat, and my other friend that lives on there has a boat also so we will just have to take turns skiing or whatever else is going on! In closing I just want to say that I will never forget you Gene and I have lots of great memories of you! RIP brother! We'll all see you someday! :-)

Matt
AKA Dairy Product (as Gene used to call me hahahaha)

friscokidd
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 01:07 PM
WE be there yogurt! Thanks!

Mel
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 01:24 PM
I will be there, and can briefly attend "dairy products" gathering (I always used to laugh when I heard Gene refer to you as that).

jplracing
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Please see the update to the post about riding.

His parents feel that Gene would want bikes at the funeral

Questions...let me know

Thanks

Joe

Nick_Ninja
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 01:36 PM
I have confirmed with his parents about riding to the service.

Gene's Parents have changed their minds and would like to invite anyone attending to ride their motorcylce should they wish.

Also, they would like the ceremony to begin on time....so please arrive a few minutes early

Thanks

Joe

I'll be there with bells (and gear) on. :hump:

Jmetz
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 01:46 PM
That being said, anyone that wants can keep/put gear in the back of my truck for the services and such. I have a topper so everything will be secure.

Mel
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Question:
With this change of heart by his parents, who all will be riding? I am still on the fence about riding, and have felt too distracted/emotional to ride my bike since this all happened.

Suki
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Thanks Joe for the update, Frito wants to ride so as long as we have the clear we'll be riding down.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 01:53 PM
I'm riding but I will leave early and ride west a ways prior to scheduled service. Any and all are welcome.

rybo
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 01:55 PM
If it is OK with his parents I will be riding to the ceremony. Motorcycling was the one connection I had with Gene and if he would want bikes there then I will be riding a bike.

Spiderman
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 01:56 PM
If circumstances permitted, I would be riding, as I'm using my bike as my main form of transportation these days (50mpg vs. 15mpg - you do the math :idea: ), but as it turns out, I will more than likely be late for the funeral. :( I'm taking Tania & Vanessa to the airport tomorrow morning, and the timing is just so that I probably won't make it there in time for the beginning. But since I'll be coming straight from the airport, I'll be in the Durango.

Suki
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Question:
With this change of heart by his parents, who all will be riding? I am still on the fence about riding, and have felt too distracted/emotional to ride my bike since this all happened.

with this being said, please everyone be safe. If your mind is not in it then please cage it. :)

rybo
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Suki, I couldn't agree more with you. Please everyone be safe. I'll see you there.

jenners319617
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Dion and I will be attending Gene's funeral, we still won't be riding to it but we will be there.

Also since its an open invitation we would love to come to the lake to hang out with some folks and maybe TRY to relax after an emotional few weeks for everyone. I'll make a pasta salad and bring some drinks!
Matt, although I don't know you this is exceptional for you to open your home (or someone elses at least) for an event like this! I wanted to make sure to THANK YOU !!!

Can't wait to see you all there and meet some of you for the first time as well, its unfortunate that an event like this has to bring the people together.

Jen

swademaster
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Is there a visitation tonight?

Mother Goose
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 03:36 PM
If circumstances permitted, I would be riding, as I'm using my bike as my main form of transportation these days (50mpg vs. 15mpg - you do the math :idea: ), but as it turns out, I will more than likely be late for the funeral. :( I'm taking Tania & Vanessa to the airport tomorrow morning, and the timing is just so that I probably won't make it there in time for the beginning. But since I'll be coming straight from the airport, I'll be in the Durango.

Don't worry Bob, I'll twist the R1 for ya ;)

rforsythe
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 03:38 PM

You can't take them to the airport earlier, given the circumstances?

Desmo
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 04:20 PM
I will try my best to make it tomorrow.. I have a few things to take care of in the springs tomorrow morning.. but will rush up and hopefully will not be too late…

mclarke
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 04:21 PM
for those of you who are now riding, Any interest in meeting all up together and riding in together?

Jenny
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 04:21 PM
hmm... lame about the lateness. I really don't think that this would be a time Gene would say that my opinion is wrong, either.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 04:22 PM
for those of you who are now riding, Any interest in meeting all up together and riding in together?

Be on your best behavior ---------- there will be lots-o-eyes on all of us.:shocked:

mclarke
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 04:37 PM
of course nick, my intention was show up as one, looks better in my opinion. Or show up in groups of more then one rider.

AshliRider44
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Be on your best behavior ---------- there will be lots-o-eyes on all of us.:shocked:

Just to add to this, try not to show up looking like a bunch of hoodlums :lol:

Stuart Little
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Just for those of you who are hesitant/on the fence, I'll be riding tomorrow. I think it's what Gene would have wanted. I'll see everyone tomorrow.

P.S. As for Ashli's post of not showing up like hoodlums.... I don't care if it's 150 degrees dress nicely :)

King Nothing
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 06:30 PM
I will be riding tomorrow from the Arapahoe and University area. If anyone wants to ride as a group from that area, please don't hesitate to call me 720-339-5070

Doug

Jmetz
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 07:04 PM
I don't care if it's 150 degrees dress nicely :)

Sorry I don't own much in the dress clothes dept. I'll do my best though.

-PUCK-
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 07:05 PM
I will be riding now from the Springs, if anyone wants to meet up.

Mel
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 07:10 PM
I dunno how easy it will be to dress "nice" and still ride in the 100 degree heat (since my "nice" includes clothing I would never be caught in on the bike). I will see how my evening and morning goes as to whether or not I (and my new-to-riding husband) will be caging or riding.

denverbusa
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 07:38 PM
I'll set up a ride to the ceremony from the 470 / Morrison Conoco. We'll leave there at 9:00 if anyone wants to tag along.

I've got a family event at 3:00 so I wont be able to attend the "yougurt fest" for too long.

salsashark
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Another meeting spot if anyone's in the DTC area...

McDonalds @ Belleview & I-25 at 9:00

Feel free to join.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 09:24 PM
I'll be leaving Boulder at 7:00 and riding up CO 72 to CO119 and down Golden Gate if any one wants to go.

Marauder
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Won't be able to make it...I have reserves this weekend. Please say goodbye for me and offer his family my condolences.

R.I.P Gene

sprtbkbabe
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 10:27 PM
My house is within walking distance of Fairmount if anyone needs to leave gear, etc... And I would have loved to have everyone over, but Yoghurt got 'er done. Thank you and see you all there

rforsythe
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 10:34 PM
We'll also be driving, and have a truck w/ topper there if you need to stash gear.

My guess is making a small pile of helmets and jackets somewhere out of the way inside won't be a huge issue either.

sprtbkbabe
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 10:51 PM
This will be tough as I walk the doggies through Fairmount 3-4 times a week.... now to be visiting a friend there...:(

FZRguy
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 11:01 PM
I'll be riding from downtown Littleton.

Canuck
Fri Jul 14th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Along with Ralph, I will be bringing the SAAB, so there will be some room for gear storage.

Ms-iam4u2nv
Sat Jul 15th, 2006, 12:43 AM
Unfortunately we won't be able to make it due to a prior family engagement. However, we would greatly appreciate it if someone could say our goodbyes to Gene and give our condolences to the family for us. We may not be there in body, but our hearts and thoughts will be. Gene will be greatly missed by all. Everyone please be safe whether you ride or cage it.

R.I.P Gene

Stuart Little
Sat Jul 15th, 2006, 02:42 AM
Be safe everyone. I don't want to harp on the issue but I imagine some of you are sleeping even worse than I.

Yogurt_146
Sat Jul 15th, 2006, 03:47 AM
Can anyone else not sleep??????? :( well this is only a few hours away and I'm not ready for this.... :banghead:

Suki
Sat Jul 15th, 2006, 07:01 AM
extra extra strong coffee....

~Barn~
Sat Jul 15th, 2006, 07:29 AM
This is the first time in about forever, where I went to bed, and actually slept well! I was out cold at 9:30 last night. On a stranger note, this has been the first night during this ordeal where I've had a "Gene Related" dream.

Somebody musta known that I needed my Z's.
=)

Suki
Sat Jul 15th, 2006, 08:07 AM
indeed Barn, I fell asleep around 9p, got up around 930, went to bed at 10, woke up at 6am and couldn't go back to bed. Brewed some coffee and as clockwork now i'm tired.

Filo
Sat Jul 15th, 2006, 08:20 AM
I unfortunately can't go to the service. Farewell Gene.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sat Jul 15th, 2006, 10:27 AM
I couldn't make it in the flesh, but I'm there in spirit. Although I never met you, and, unfortunately never will, I feel I've known at least a little bit about you through your contributions to the board and to it's members.

Take care up there on the Big Track, Gene (Bazyl, bitches!), and godspeed to you.......

rforsythe
Sat Jul 15th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Awesome showing for Gene today... Wow.

Mel
Sat Jul 15th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Gene was very loved and respected...there was no way to meet him and not be attracted to the energy that he had. I am having a very hard time coming to terms with what has happened. As I think I said somewhere else, the loss of Gene can't be measured in what he did or who he touched, but by what he could have accomplished his life.

Jenny
Sat Jul 15th, 2006, 03:04 PM
What he already *did* accomplish is quite spectacular.

Mel
Sat Jul 15th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Very true Jenny, very true. As someone at the funeral said, Gene was their role model. I wish that I could be even half the person that Gene was.

Spiderman
Sat Jul 15th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Thanks to everybody who was able to make it today. It was very touching to see that many people come out to pay their respects.

I haven't been very vocal on this subject because, frankly, I'm still in disbelief.

Gene was an incredible person, who continually impressed me the more I got to know him.

I have many thoughts floating around in my head right now, but as I start typing them, they're just not coming out right, so I'll be silent once more. Maybe when they've settled down, things will fall into place and I'll put some words together.

Rest in Peace, Gene. :(

Player 2
Sat Jul 15th, 2006, 07:08 PM
I really wish I wasn't 16 hours away today. I was definitely there in spirit

RIP Gene

Buddau
Sat Jul 15th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Thanks to everybody who was able to make it today. It was very touching to see that many people come out to pay their respects.

I haven't been very vocal on this subject because, frankly, I'm still in disbelief.

Gene was an incredible person, who continually impressed me the more I got to know him.

I have many thoughts floating around in my head right now, but as I start typing them, they're just not coming out right, so I'll be silent once more. Maybe when they've settled down, things will fall into place and I'll put some words together.

Rest in Peace, Gene. :(

Your not alone buddy. Lots of people feel that way.
It was nice to see our motorcycle family come together, for Gene, his family, and each other.
I really feel bad for his parents. I look at my own kids and hope I never have to burry them. That would be the worst thing ever.
Things like this show us how fragile life is. Live life to the fullest.
I'm going to go hug my kids now.
Rest in Peace Gene, we will not forget you.

Brizz
Sat Jul 15th, 2006, 10:17 PM
I really wish I wasn't 16 hours away today. I was definitely there in spirit

RIP Gene

I know how you feel

Stuart Little
Sat Jul 15th, 2006, 10:30 PM
For me it sweems to take a long time for something like this to sink in... I loved Gene to death, it'll really hit home when I want someone to talk to at 3am, when I want to watch family guy while binge drinkin tequila, when I have a stupid question about motorcycles that I don't want to post.It's these things and many more that will make me cry until it truly sinks in that Gene is gone...

I`m Batman
Sat Jul 15th, 2006, 10:38 PM
I guess we all could only wish/hope that we are as lucky as Gene to have this many people love and cares about him...

Even though I've never Gene in person, reading everyone's posts makes me feels like I know Gene a little bit... especially his pictures... those are great...

I have tears in my eyes when I read these posts... maybe I'm just a whoosy...

Dub
Sun Jul 16th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Today was a beautiful tribute to Gene! All who spoke gave insight to who he was and how truly impactful he was on the world and everyone he contacted. I haven't laughed and cried more in one day, but can now remember Gene with only a smile knowing he is looking over all of us.

Wolf-R1
Mon Jul 17th, 2006, 09:12 AM
The amount of people alone showed testament to the kind of person he was.

Keyser Soze
Mon Jul 17th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Today was a beautiful tribute to Gene! All who spoke gave insight to who he was and how truly impactful he was on the world and everyone he contacted. I haven't laughed and cried more in one day, but can now remember Gene with only a smile knowing he is looking over all of us.

Couldn't have said it better, Dave.

R1Blue01
Mon Jul 17th, 2006, 10:11 AM
It was a beautiful ceremony. If a person's wealth is measured by the amount of friends they have or the people they have touched, Gene is the wealthiest person I have ever met.

Rick T.
Mon Jul 17th, 2006, 11:20 PM
As I've always said, the CSC is a first rate group. We all miss Gene... but he is SO smiling right now... up there... knee on the deck... on the smoothest track that side of heaven. He knows how much he's loved.

Rest in Peace friend...