PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to ride?

Bassil Duwaik
Tue Jul 18th, 2006, 01:13 AM
Hey guys I'm wonder if anyone wants to go for a ride this weekend if the weather permits. I'd like to ride though hwy 72 to 119 down to blackhawk or something. But it's up to the group if there be any. I'm rolling a 998 matrix. All welcome

Bandit
Tue Jul 18th, 2006, 09:33 AM
What's the starting point? I am in Colorado Springs.

cdrewferd
Tue Jul 18th, 2006, 10:38 AM
I may be interested, but it would depend on which day. I have a leather riding jacket, but don't have anything other than jeans, if that's ok with everyone that's going. This would also be my first group ride so I don't think that I'd be pushing it to hard.

KabanaGirl
Tue Jul 18th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Ditto to Drew...except that I have riding pants ;)
Sunday's probably better for me. I think I've been conned into working a bikini bike wash at a Harley Davidson at 10 a.m. Saturday. Dammit, girls are supposed to wash MY bike, not the other way around!!

DevilsTonic
Tue Jul 18th, 2006, 11:20 AM
I may be interested, let me know where we'd be starting from and day / time etc.

jesters636
Tue Jul 18th, 2006, 01:40 PM
I may be interested, let me know where we'd be starting from and day / time etc.

Same for me.

livinlife2themax
Tue Jul 18th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Sounds good depending on the day and time....Let us know more info.:drink:

Boy Scout
Tue Jul 18th, 2006, 07:35 PM
I'd like to ride though hwy 72 to 119 down to blackhawk or something.Keep an eye out for sand / trash on the raod -- there is some. Also, it shouldn't affect you as it is in the EB lane, but there is an oil spill covering a good portion of the lane just over the hill east of Pine Cliff.

Zanos
Wed Jul 19th, 2006, 12:40 AM
I avoid 119 at all costs now.

Boy Scout
Wed Jul 19th, 2006, 07:57 AM
I avoid 119 at all costs now.Why?

McVaaahhh
Thu Jul 20th, 2006, 08:20 AM
What's the scoop on the rain washing out part of the road around Deckers? Can't remember which highway that was....

Nick_Ninja
Thu Jul 20th, 2006, 08:39 AM
CO 67 Cripple CreekExisting Conditions: (dry)
Restrictions in Place: CLOSED indefinitely Westcreek-Deckers. Road washed out. Access to local residents only.
Comments: CLOSED indefinitely Westcreek-Deckers. Road washed out. Access to local residents only.

Gixxer-Junkie
Thu Jul 20th, 2006, 04:59 PM
What's the starting point? I'd be coming from Greeley.

McVaaahhh
Fri Jul 21st, 2006, 08:16 AM
CO 67 Cripple CreekExisting Conditions: (dry)
Restrictions in Place: CLOSED indefinitely Westcreek-Deckers. Road washed out. Access to local residents only.
Comments: CLOSED indefinitely Westcreek-Deckers. Road washed out. Access to local residents only.

Thanks! :up:

Well, since the original poster hasn't felt like responding - anybody up for Squaw Pass? I'm thinking meet at Morrison Conoco Sunday at 9:30.

I'm down with any other suggestions too....

Bugkiller1
Fri Jul 21st, 2006, 09:03 AM
I should be there Sunday morning... 9:30.

SXSMITH
Fri Jul 21st, 2006, 10:48 AM
F.R.O.S.T. is running RMNP (South to North) Sunday @ 9:15.

http://sportbikes.meetup.com/198/

Zanos
Fri Jul 21st, 2006, 01:05 PM
Why?

Because we (me and a friend) were involved in a reck on 119. Just after that, there was a DUI accident on 119. There are to many crazy ppl, people going/coming back from black hawk, to much alchohol on the road. I prob wont even go on it again unless there is a huge group i guess. We will see.

thug-smacker
Fri Jul 21st, 2006, 11:12 PM
your balls are bigger than mine riding that road on a bike

cdrewferd
Sat Jul 22nd, 2006, 09:37 PM
I'm still interested in going, but am wondering how long this trip will take as I've never riden it before. Again I don't have riding pants so please let me know if no one wants we to go because of that.

N1KSS1KS1x
Sat Jul 22nd, 2006, 09:40 PM
Hi all I'm new as you can see and I will more than likely join up with guys in the morning. I've never ridin squaw pass but have been wantin to spot it out and run to what ever that road is that goes mt evans

N1KSS1KS1x
Sat Jul 22nd, 2006, 09:42 PM
O is this a wear my full gear paced crew?

cdrewferd
Sat Jul 22nd, 2006, 09:45 PM
I'm not sure that's why I'm posting up that I have a good leather jacket, but only jeans to wear on the legs. Again, anyone know how long of a ride this would be?

T-byrd
Sat Jul 22nd, 2006, 09:57 PM
I'm not sure that's why I'm posting up that I have a good leather jacket, but only jeans to wear on the legs. Again, anyone know how long of a ride this would be?

We are not necessarily a full leathers group, if you have them wear them. What you are describing should be fine, no one will rip you. As long as you are wearing a helmet and a jacket of sorts (gloves are preferable along with over the ankle boots) you are fine.

Really the only "safety" equipment we want to never leave without is your good sense. In other words, ride within your own abilities. It's not a race and you will not be left behind.

Have fun tomorrow!

Tanya

N1KSS1KS1x
Sat Jul 22nd, 2006, 09:58 PM
Well better thow in a tape for the AmA and moto gp probly
this kicks off at one and dont forget nitro finals. But I think thats on at like 7

krod
Sat Jul 22nd, 2006, 10:08 PM
O is this a wear my full gear paced crew?

YES but ride at your own pace. There are some fast guys that meet on sundays The mellow ride is on Saturday.

cdrewferd
Sat Jul 22nd, 2006, 10:12 PM
So is this the fast group or the slower group going? It looks like a great ride and I'm going to try and make it.

krod
Sat Jul 22nd, 2006, 10:21 PM
Just pick your spot in the group. We are all safe to ride with and won't leave anyone behind. Just stay away from Blind Coner Bill and you will be fine.

cdrewferd
Sat Jul 22nd, 2006, 10:23 PM
krod, do you know about how long this trip is so that I can plan accordingly?

krod
Sat Jul 22nd, 2006, 10:27 PM
We leave around 10:00. If we run Squaw pass should be back in town around 1:00 depending on how long we stay at Echo lake.

dapper
Sat Jul 22nd, 2006, 10:29 PM
Use good judgment and read the http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/club/rules.html (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/../club/rules.html).

cdrewferd
Sat Jul 22nd, 2006, 10:30 PM
Great thanks for the info.

McVaaahhh
Sun Jul 23rd, 2006, 06:50 PM
Fun ride today! :rock:

Sorry I had to bail at Central City, but sometimes you just shite you gotta do.

Drew, nice to meet you man, sorry I got us all lost trying to get to Golden Gate. :loop:

N1KSS1KS1x
Sun Jul 23rd, 2006, 09:49 PM
^ Yeah Get ride had alot of with you guys.

cdrewferd
Mon Jul 24th, 2006, 08:49 AM
McVaaahhh, good to meet you to. It's alright about getting lost, I don't know the area either so it's no big deal.

It was an awesome ride. I had a blast and can't wait to do that same run, or any other one, again.

Brysol
Mon Jul 24th, 2006, 03:49 PM
I think I would be down for a ride on Sun at 9:30. Where is this pass at I don't think I have ever been on it.

McVaaahhh
Tue Jul 25th, 2006, 07:56 AM
The ride was last sunday. But there will probably be another ride this saturday and sunday. Just be at the Morrison Conoco around 9:30 on either day. :up:

Mel
Tue Jul 25th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Last Sunday near the Morrison Conoco was NUTS with all that traffic...who all went? I came by at about 10am with the hubby in tow to teach him how to ride...went up morrison to Evergreen for lunch.

Zanos
Tue Jul 25th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Whats with the fast group or slow group stuff. Its the same group. There will always be different levels of riders...They always wait too.

pilot
Tue Jul 25th, 2006, 07:39 PM
KROD, "Blind Corner Bill". That's one I hadn't heard yet. LOL. All in all, I like BCB, but giving him a little distance is always a good idea. Hey, everybody has a different riding style. His is just "nuckin futz". :hump:

I'd have to agree with Zanos. It seems to be the same group of riders running both Sat and Sun from the Last weekend, we had 13 or so riders blaze out on Sat at about 10.

Use to be the theory was Saturday was the fast ride and Sunday the more cruizy ride. I don't think that makes much of a diff any more. The Fast and Furious work their way to the front. Each person picks the spot best for them.
I might, might be there for Sunday.

In the meantime, I'm getting hammered every day and night in Beaver Creek. Somehow, yah, somehow, I managed to crack a rib. Maybe it was that stupid "I've had too many shots of tequilla and now I can jump off balcony and land in that 50 foot aspen tree??? Uhhh, maybe. I'd better go have another shot and try and remember.

Pilot
"Things go better with Coke" (especially a double shot of Jack)

1ofTheBoys
Tue Jul 25th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Pilot, you better pace yourself, you still have all week and most of the weekend up there:drink: and for gods sake, quit trying to fly like :batman:

Ghost Rider
Tue Jul 25th, 2006, 10:05 PM
:drink: That be Pilot!!!

pilot
Thu Jul 27th, 2006, 09:40 PM
If I'm to be remembered for something it might as well be :drink:

At least "that" I do well! Time to attempt another toe-hold off the edge of the balcony...:bananna:

mdub
Fri Jul 28th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Sunday will work for me. Same time at Connoco?

Player 2
Sat Jul 29th, 2006, 11:14 PM
KROD, "Blind Corner Bill". That's one I hadn't heard yet. LOL. All in all, I like BCB, but giving him a little distance is always a good idea. Hey, everybody has a different riding style. His is just "nuckin futz". :hump:
Ride with him enough and witness the damage he does to others (ala SCR) and you'll change your mind about him :banghead:

His riding style is "doesn't belong on a fucking bike"

tm06r1
Thu Aug 17th, 2006, 07:07 PM
We are rolling to Vail Sat. morning if anyone wants in....