PDA

View Full Version : Fay myers or C/S BMW/Ducati

wlfsmith
Tue Jul 18th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Just curious if anyone has any experience with either one on service for Ducs? Need to get my 600 miles done and wondering if riding up to Denver is worth it. If anyone else knows of another place, let me know. Thanks.

Sully
Tue Jul 18th, 2006, 09:46 AM
ERICO mang... ERICO...

rybo
Tue Jul 18th, 2006, 09:48 AM
If you are in the springs I highly recommend that you get in touch with Ben Fox

foxperformanceengines.com

He does outstanding work on ducatis for reasonable money.

My 748 ran better after it's 12K service with ben than it did when it was new.

Scott

wlfsmith
Tue Jul 18th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Thanks Sully.

Hey Rybo,

Might be a dumb question but won't that void my warranty? I would hate to void it so early in the ownership.

Will

rybo
Tue Jul 18th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Will,

Manufacturers cannot specify who does the work, just that you must document that the work got done. You can even do it yourself as long as you document that it happened and what you did.

Ben will not be able to replace anything under warranty, should an issue be found, but having him work on your bike will not void the warranty.

S

wlfsmith
Tue Jul 18th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Will,

Manufacturers cannot specify who does the work, just that you must document that the work got done. You can even do it yourself as long as you document that it happened and what you did.

Ben will not be able to replace anything under warranty, should an issue be found, but having him work on your bike will not void the warranty.

S

Thanks RYBO. I will give them a call. I appreciate what this board does for us new guys.

Will

rybo
Tue Jul 18th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Will,

Welcome to the club!:bananna:

wlfsmith
Tue Jul 18th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Hey Rybo,

Thanks. Been a lurker since my R1 days.

Talked to fox performance. Pretty expensive. I know Ducs are expensive but $500 for the first service. Don't know who I talked to but he told me that I really don't have to change my oil on first service :shocked: . He said it would probally be a good idea but don't have to. Nice guy though. Looks like I will be riding to Denver and hanging out at one of the dealerships. Thanks for all the help though.

Will

rybo
Tue Jul 18th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Check and see wht you get for your $500. In many cases the 600 mi service is an oil change, a check of the brake pads and a check on appropriate bolt torque on critical fasteners. My guess is that Ben is doing somewhat more than that, but I don't know for sure.

S