PDA

View Full Version : Rear Sets - Who's runnin What? How do you like them.

KCL
Mon Jan 26th, 2004, 03:23 PM
I'm looking to change the rearsets on my 03 ZX6R. I'd like to find something adjustable to move the peg position back a little. Not for racing. I have been looking at the Gilles because i like the multi position adjustment.

And... well they look nice to. The gold ano matches other components on the bike.

Any suggestions?

BlueDevil
Wed Jan 28th, 2004, 03:12 PM
I have Gillesd on my R6. Not to big of fan. I like them ok, but they are very difficult to adjust and get right. Especially converting to GP shifiting. Next time around Im going Graves I think.....

Sharkbate
Wed Jan 28th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Go with Graves. You will not be dissappointed.

Scarlet
Thu Jan 29th, 2004, 08:38 AM
Sato type 2's.

http://www.evoluzione.net/vitem45200.htm

Nicest rearset I've ever seen. And they work really well. Adjustablility is great, very grippy, and swapping regular to upside down shifting is a no brainer.

yakuza
Thu Jan 29th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Sato type 2's.

http://www.evoluzione.net/vitem45200.htm

Nicest rearset I've ever seen. And they work really well. Adjustablility is great, very grippy, and swapping regular to upside down shifting is a no brainer.

Bwwaahahaha Dave turned into a girl! :lol:

mra828
Thu Jan 29th, 2004, 09:38 AM
But I thought he always was...

uh - never mind.

:lol: :D

g

Hoopty
Fri Jan 30th, 2004, 10:49 AM
No comment on Dave. :lol:

irdave
Fri Jan 30th, 2004, 01:16 PM
What? Didn't you guys know that it's been Jaz all along that's been riding the aprilia?!

Guess I must have posted that from her computer... That's pretty funny.

PhL0aTeR
Fri Apr 14th, 2006, 10:27 PM
so back to rearsets.... what do they do? I was wondering if i could get something to alleviate the cramping of my legs.... which way do they move them?

towneh
Sat Apr 15th, 2006, 11:10 AM
I'm dialing in a set made by Pro-Tek right now. Before my untimely encounter with the wall, I used a set made by EMGO that featured an off-set pin to put the peg back and up about half an inch. The Pro-Tek shifts the whole set; not just the peg (better for shifting and rear braking).

Everybody is different; some folks move the set back to reduce cramping whereas I want to tip my head/upper torso forward and down to stop the wind from beating my head on the long hauls AND reduce cramping.

--working with a taller windscreen as well--
Hayabago Henry :D

Mel
Sat Apr 15th, 2006, 09:03 PM
I picked up a set of these (OSF Rearsets (http://www.onesecondfaster.com/id74.html)) on eBaylast summer after I wrecked my GSX-R and I have loved them. Only compaint I have is that I got the tapered pegs and I have managed to tear open the back of my calves on them a few times (yes, I am a spaz). Aside from that, good price, super easy to install and adjust (even for a girl).

PhL0aTeR
Sat Apr 15th, 2006, 09:33 PM
I picked up a set of these (OSF Rearsets (http://www.onesecondfaster.com/id74.html)) on eBaylast summer after I wrecked my GSX-R and I have loved them. Only compaint I have is that I got the tapered pegs and I have managed to tear open the back of my calves on them a few times (yes, I am a spaz). Aside from that, good price, super easy to install and adjust (even for a girl).

So how do they adjust? or a more specific question, which ways and how much? can i lower them? and how much can i lower?

Mel
Sat Apr 15th, 2006, 10:12 PM
See the little peg board looking thingy behind the pegs? The bolts for pegs can go anywhere within that board. The ones I got came with a short and a longer shift linkage depending on where you end up putting the pegs. Currently mine are as far up and back as they can go (since my pegs hitting the ground are what I think caused my wreck), but the most forward position is forward and lower than stock was on mine.

PhL0aTeR
Sat Apr 15th, 2006, 10:29 PM
See the little peg board looking thingy behind the pegs? The bolts for pegs can go anywhere within that board. The ones I got came with a short and a longer shift linkage depending on where you end up putting the pegs. Currently mine are as far up and back as they can go (since my pegs hitting the ground are what I think caused my wreck), but the most forward position is forward and lower than stock was on mine.

right on..... if i dont get used to it... i may have to check em out.

R1Blue01
Sun Apr 16th, 2006, 10:43 AM
I have the Attack rearsets with reverse pattern and I like them. They work great, look good and have had zero problems with them.