PDA

View Full Version : Editing

Bueller
Wed Jul 19th, 2006, 06:02 PM
I quess we lost the ability to edit the subject of a thread? You seem to only be able to edit the title of a post.:(

rforsythe
Wed Jul 19th, 2006, 10:35 PM
We admins have something called thread tools at the top, under which is where the title editor is (thread edit, not post edit). Do you have that?

rinn
Thu Jul 20th, 2006, 12:05 AM
We admins have something called thread tools at the top, under which is where the title editor is (thread edit, not post edit). Do you have that?

only admins and supermods get those options same as double clicking on the title without being in the thread... neat trick if someone speaks engrish and you can't understand the title...

Bueller
Thu Jul 20th, 2006, 05:29 AM
We have the thread tools option, but no title edit option.
You can edit the title in the individual posts, but not the subject of the thread. So no one will be able to change time, or dates of events they are posting, or mark something sold in the subject in the for sale section.

Mista Black
Thu Jul 20th, 2006, 08:30 AM
I should have that ability dammit!!! give me admin rights ralph/bob!! do it, do it now!!

Devaclis
Thu Jul 20th, 2006, 08:37 AM
You should be able to edit titles. Just cliekc edit, then Go Advanced in the origional post you made. You can edit the title there.

1ofTheBoys
Thu Jul 20th, 2006, 09:14 AM
I had no problems making an edit to my subject line once I clicked the advanced tab. Worked like a charm.

rforsythe
Thu Jul 20th, 2006, 09:15 AM
No Dana, that doesn't change the topic title like in the old forum. This one splits out topic and post titles (cause we need that? :wtf: oh well). The topic title is changed under a different page that apparently not everyone can get to. I'll play with the permissions and see if it's possible. It's also going to be set on a per-forum basis, so it might work in some forums and not others. Grr.

Worst case, have a moderator do it. They're here to be useful, usually. :)

~Barn~
Thu Jul 20th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Topic editing worked like a charm for me.
:dunno:

AshliRider44
Thu Jul 20th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Hey Ralph-- can we still quote more than one persons comment on a reply to a thread?

Bueller
Thu Jul 20th, 2006, 03:34 PM
You should be able to edit titles. Just cliekc edit, then Go Advanced in the origional post you made. You can edit the title there.

I did this in the first post, as you see the title of that post changed but the thread subject title did not.