PDA

View Full Version : Are turn signals required for registration?

howlin_955i
Fri Aug 4th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Going to get my daytona registered and I was wonderg if anyone knew if they checked the turn signals. I was also wondering if they check them at the DMV as well.

Any body know for sure?

Bueller
Sat Aug 5th, 2006, 06:42 AM
What kind of registration? Just to get plates-no inspection, not sure about out of state tranfer but the rule is no TS required, but if they are on the bike they must work. IIRC

howlin_955i
Sat Aug 5th, 2006, 08:23 AM
okay, thanks I though so

5280ZX6R
Sat Aug 5th, 2006, 11:53 AM
According to the AMA website which lists the rules and regulations for motorcycles in all 50 states - Colorado does not require turn signals to be legal.

howlin_955i
Sat Aug 5th, 2006, 12:13 PM
it appears that your correct. Thats good news. Thanks for looking into it

Zanos
Sat Aug 5th, 2006, 03:26 PM
However, cops can ticket for no turn signals. By Colorado law, if turn signals come on the bike, they must have them. If you have a custom chopper and it was not made with them, then you dont need them. I will have to look on a location of that fact, but im pretty sure i found it somewhere when i was taking my ABATE course and was wondering about a few things.

Sparker
Sat Aug 5th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Cops cannot ticket for no turn signal as long as you make the apporite hand signal, not kicking your leg out. This is what was once explained to me buy a CSPD officer when i asked.

Zanos
Sat Aug 5th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Makes more sense to me... :)

Butterfly
Sun Aug 6th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Cops cannot ticket for no turn signal as long as you make the apporite hand signal.....

Is this kind of signal ok? :doublefinger:

:lol:

Sparker
Sun Aug 6th, 2006, 10:06 AM
No, Deb, that would be careless driving! you Must keep atleast one hand on the throttle. The other your free to do whatever with! So your half right.