PDA

View Full Version : wheelie school?

gsxrguru2
Sat Aug 5th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Hey guys, just wondering if any of you ever get together to show those of us trying to stunt the proper way of doing things?

DeeStylez
Sat Aug 5th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Hey I am looking for the same... I have been riding for about 6 months now, just looking for some experienced bikers to teach me a few things

InlineSIX24
Sat Aug 5th, 2006, 11:50 PM
:squid: ........?

haywood jablome
Sun Aug 6th, 2006, 04:43 AM
iF YOU GUYS DO HAVE THIS EVENT AND HOOPTY SHOWS UP LET HIM RIDE YOUR BIKE, TRUST ME IT WILL BE OK. HE TAKES CARE OF PEOPLES BIKES!!!!

RIGHT LOOPTY?:hump:

Bueller
Sun Aug 6th, 2006, 06:09 AM

gsxrguru2
Sun Aug 6th, 2006, 07:41 AM
:squid: ........?

Yeah, well.... =) The only reason I asked is b/c I recall reading on here a long time ago that some of you got together to do something like this. I've been doing the bounce/throttle thing to get my bike up and when I can actually get it, it seems very sketchy. I'd like to learn how to clutch it up and if someone can show me, I'll be the first in line to learn!

Sooooo.... Anybody out there that can do this?

onepoorstunna
Mon Aug 7th, 2006, 07:49 PM

Yeah but you'll be in a wheelchair for the rest of your life once they finish with you.

Mel
Tue Aug 8th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Yeah, well.... =) The only reason I asked is b/c I recall reading on here a long time ago that some of you got together to do something like this. I've been doing the bounce/throttle thing to get my bike up and when I can actually get it, it seems very sketchy. I'd like to learn how to clutch it up and if someone can show me, I'll be the first in line to learn!

Sooooo.... Anybody out there that can do this?

If you feel sketchy throttling it up, good luck with clutching...throttle controlled on a 750 should be quite easy.
Honestly, there are not too many "stuntas" in CSC, and it has been quite some time (like years I think) since anyone has done a "wheelie school". If you are wanting to stunt, hit up a club like Mile High Madness or the DSF riders for more of that stuff. The CSC is a very diverse group, however usually tries to be a lil more focused on safe riding, track days, and generally things that sport bikes were designed to do (which would not be stunting).
Also, look back a couple threads in this section...one of our members posted up a video done, I believe by Jason Britton, on how to do basic wheelies.

~Barn~
Tue Aug 8th, 2006, 09:26 AM
G'luck with your wheelie school. Seriously. At least you posted this in the right forum. :up:

Just make sure you're nowhere near anywhere, when you're doing it. Make sure that you got as much gear on, as you can think to wear. And make sure you mentally prepare yourself for either sucking remarkably at wheelies, or crashing your motorcycle, when you start actually getting good.

That is all.

eaheer
Tue Aug 8th, 2006, 10:23 AM
We are "NOT" a stunt club! We do stunting for fun, but basically got out of doing it in the publics eye. We do a wheelie school, and it is next month in September. What I do is teach the throttle and balance control on a ATV first, this way you get a feeling of balancing but not worring about falling over sidways. Then once your confident and still want to learn, you can then go on your own bike. I am not a stunter, I like to wheelie though. I teached wheelie school for three years now and "NONE" of our wheelie boys & girls have EVER been hurt! Don't join Mile High Madness to just learn how to stunt, because if you do, you won't get what your looking for. I am the President of the club, and that is coming from me. We are an all around riders group. We do it all, track, Canyons, Wheelies, ATV's, and more. Just for everyone to know, we are NOT a stunter club! DSF, or FF might be your best result. I hope this was enough information for you to go on. There is some great videos on how to wheelie on the net. What ever you decide to do, PLEASE don't just jump right into rocking high wheelies. Take your time and learn in small steps. Stunting is a strange learning curve.
Thanks!

gsxrguru2
Tue Aug 8th, 2006, 04:44 PM
We are "NOT" a stunt club! We do stunting for fun, but basically got out of doing it in the publics eye. We do a wheelie school, and it is next month in September. What I do is teach the throttle and balance control on a ATV first, this way you get a feeling of balancing but not worring about falling over sidways. Then once your confident and still want to learn, you can then go on your own bike. I am not a stunter, I like to wheelie though.

That sounds really cool, any dates set yet?

eaheer
Tue Aug 8th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Not yet we got so much going on with our rides, we are trying to fit it in.

DeeStylez
Tue Aug 8th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the information, I would like to be there for the training in September also.

Hoopty
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Wheelies are for losers. :D

Player 2
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 10:55 AM
and Loopers :lol:

Jenny
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Children, the post was asking about a wheelie school. Anthony posted about one. If you have issues beyond that, pretty please take it to pm? *bats eyelashes*

<editing out BS posts>

eaheer
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Sorry Jenny, I did take it to PM. Wheelie school isn't really about mastering wheelies. It is learning about how to wheelie, and learning what can happen if you push it to far. I think when I teach wheelie school I focus on the "After math" of what can happen in a bad situation more than trying to help you get your front wheel off the ground. Hell, anyone can bring their front wheel off the ground if they want. So if your expecting to learn how to wheelie and master it in one class, then this isn't for you. If you want to be safe, if that is possible, you have to take it in stages. Every person I have taught how to wheelie, has not gotten hurt EVER! What you do on your own time, is strictly up to you! If you want to go on and keep doing wheelies, then be it. If you don't want to, the that is good to. Really it is funamentals of learning the basics of wheelies. (This reply was type very fast, and I did't have time to spell check or grammer check)

eaheer
Thu Aug 10th, 2006, 03:46 PM
I wanted to make a PUBLIC apology to onepoorstunna he is a very nice person. We got off on the wrong start, and was able to work our differences out through PM. Ok back to subject, the reason why wheelie school is for mHm only, is because of a liability factor. Waivers have to be signed and verified by a third party!

mclarke
Thu Aug 10th, 2006, 04:06 PM
so you don't allow anyone else who is willing to sign a waiver and have it verified? (not a flame, just a question)

eaheer
Thu Aug 10th, 2006, 04:38 PM
I can talk with my lawyer and get back to you! Got to cover everything, but I am sure we can come up with something.
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/5199/anthonywheelietower110295qede3.gif

konichd
Thu Aug 10th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Ant! What am I going to do with this "Got Wheelie?" T-shirt if you don't teach me! :)

eaheer
Thu Aug 10th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Ant! What am I going to do with this "Got Wheelie?" T-shirt if you don't teach me! :)HAHAHA sell it LOL. I heard that Hoopty teaches wheelie school for CSC or something like that. Hit him up.

Hoopty
Thu Aug 10th, 2006, 05:50 PM
I used to, don't have a street bike anymore though. :D

eaheer
Thu Aug 10th, 2006, 11:07 PM
I used to, don't have a street bike anymore though. :DOk Hoopty, I didn't know what your status was. Mybad.

Hoopty
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 06:39 AM
It's all good, I was just making a statement. I could still teach on someone else's bike, but funny things can happen like that. :lol:

Bueller
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 04:28 PM
It's all good, I was just making a statement. I could still teach on someone else's bike, but funny things can happen like that. :lol:
With and without the wheelie option :)

Zanos
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Why do we even have this board here... Its a magnet for people like Anthony. Nothing against you, but many people on this board are not into wheelies all that much, or we would all join mHm (dont ya think?). I am a pretty new rider, and learning how to wheelie or do a stoppie is probobly the last thing on my list to worry about.

KILL IT BOB!!!! :)

~Barn~
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Isn't that a little rash, Aaron?

Zanos
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 08:42 PM
It may be.. but everyone gets mad about the "squids" on the board as many CSC'ers call them. Yet we have this location for a thread starter. I have nothing against people who wheelie or who have the experience to do it safely. But i think it is also a major part of the "Cool look" and the idea behind the "squid".

Bueller
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 08:55 PM
It's always fun to make fun of those that don't conform. Stay within the lines.

Zanos
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 08:56 PM
I never conform..... :) Dont make fun of me Bueller!!!

onepoorstunna
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Why do we even have this board here... Its a magnet for people like Anthony.

I actually might disagree, at least with WHY its a magnet. See, I hung out over at mHm before I got kicked out, and I was surprised by how little activity they have. Maybe a thread a day, maybe 2, get posted in. Lots of people moving, and one of those two threads was a daily injury update. It struck me as more of a, 6 or 8 buddies keeping in touch and wishing they had more activity then anything else.

I think Anthony ends up over here because at least its an active board, and I would venture that with no attention/action on his board, he has to go SOMEWHERE for attention. So even if the forum specific to stunna's wasn't here, HE would still be.

Call me crazy, and I'll let Anthony chime in to deny/confirm, but if activity is what you are looking for, esportbike and mhm ain't it.

Bueller
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 09:15 PM
I never conform..... :) Dont make fun of me Bueller!!!
Sorry, can't help myself, I'm a :squid: :cry:

Zanos
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 09:18 PM
But at least I like you.... :)

Mel
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 10:02 PM
awww, how:slappers:of you two :D

Feathered upstart!
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 10:21 PM
You know what they say, if you'll ride a Suzuki you'll suck a cock:)

Zanos
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 10:43 PM
You know what they say. If you have the money for a MV you have the money to buy me one also.

Canuck
Sat Aug 12th, 2006, 12:49 AM
You know what they say. If you have the money for a MV you have the money to buy me one also.

:wtf:

derekm
Mon Sep 18th, 2006, 04:39 PM
squid=squirly kid
p.s.-I like stunt riding vs. road racing simply b/c one profit$ and the other
co$t.

oh yeah as far as wheelie school, dont waste your time...practice practice practice, then practice more, and ps, dont forget to cover your rear brake, using the rear brake PROPERLY can save you from looping.

#1Townie
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 09:45 PM
Why do we even have this board here... Its a magnet for people like Anthony. Nothing against you, but many people on this board are not into wheelies all that much, or we would all join mHm (dont ya think?). I am a pretty new rider, and learning how to wheelie or do a stoppie is probobly the last thing on my list to worry about.

KILL IT BOB!!!! :)

hey it people like you that come into this forum and ruin a nice thing for some riders that injoy somthing.....

if you dont like wheelies stay out of this section....

Spiderman
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 10:35 PM
KILL IT BOB!!!! :)Why?

http://videos.cosportbikeclub.org/Bob/01-PracticeWheelie.mpg

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to put my flame suit on. :shock:

DiddysR6
Sat Sep 23rd, 2006, 03:38 AM
You know what they say, if you'll ride a Suzuki you'll suck a cock:)

Priceless

Bueller
Sat Sep 23rd, 2006, 08:46 AM
Why?

Do tell Bob, when was the last time you did that, and would you do that on 6th Ave. today?

I ride a Suzuki so that I can rule the tracks and the streets, not to find nice cocks for the sucking. :slap: :eek:

Mel
Sat Sep 23rd, 2006, 12:31 PM
I ride a Suzuki so that I can rule the tracks and the streets, not to find nice cocks for the sucking. :slap: :eek:

Damnit Bueller, it's OWN the streets and the racetrack! Didn't we learn anything from that thread? http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6355&highlight=streets+race+track :lol:

BTW, nice vid Bob ;)

Bueller
Sat Sep 23rd, 2006, 02:32 PM
Ooops.......I always mess that up.

Speaking of that, what has become of our buddy, haven't seen any wisdom from him lately?

Spiderman
Mon Sep 25th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Do tell Bob, when was the last time you did that, and would you do that on 6th Ave. today?Last time I did that - on the street? Before I started racing; on the track, the last La Junta race I think (maybe Hastings, don't remember).

Would I do it on 6th Ave? Maybe , if it was closed to all other traffic. :D

DeeStylez
Mon Sep 25th, 2006, 08:06 AM
-dlish

Whenever you have the time I am willing to meet up, and learn some basics...

Silent Rider
Mon Sep 25th, 2006, 09:36 PM
This is all I am saying...

http://videos.cosportbikeclub.org/StPatricksDayParade2005.wmv

Spiderman
Tue Sep 26th, 2006, 06:57 AM

You're not saying much, and you're leaving a lot open to interpretation. What exactly are you trying to say? :dunno:

rybo
Tue Sep 26th, 2006, 07:18 AM

I don't see your point. That is the perfect environment for the behavior that was taking place, the street was closed to traffic, the rider doing stunts was wearing a helmet, and the event was fully sanctioned by the authorities. Where's the problem?

S

Silent Rider
Tue Sep 26th, 2006, 09:24 PM
I was saying that there are members in the CSC that do stunt, and I get tired of reading posts from members that talk :poo: about anyone that does anything better or different than them! I don't care what anyone says, Wheelies are fun to watch, Stoppies are badass, and other stunts speak for themselves. If you can take off from a 90 degree angle with your legs over the front of your bike, you've got skills that most of us don't have.
Now I am not saying go do wheelies down I-25, or do stoppies in the middle of traffic, but I am saying.....
Have fun, live life to the fullest of your abilities, and don't stop "stunting", because, I want to watch!! Just do it safely and at least wear a helmet.

Mother Goose
Wed Oct 4th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Why?

Wheelies on 6th Ave. Bob... haven't I taught you anything? :lol:

eaheer
Thu Oct 5th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Wheelies on 6th Ave. Bob... haven't I taught you anything? :lol:Still from this day when I ride on 6th ave, I think about what happened to you Chadwhick. Glad you recovered from all of that!

konichd
Thu Oct 5th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Guess who STILL can't wheelie! :(

My "Got Wheelies" t-shirt is gathering dust in the closet!

rybo
Thu Oct 5th, 2006, 09:59 AM
DK,

Should be pretty easy on the zx10.....

Here is a recipe for you:

get going in second gear

when you get to 4000 RPM open the throttle

I can assure you that you WILL wheelie.

S

Suki
Thu Oct 5th, 2006, 12:32 PM

poor dk, he'll never get it up. :(

:lol:

Mel
Thu Oct 5th, 2006, 12:35 PM
awww, DK, ya need some help getting it up? I can lend a hand.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu Oct 5th, 2006, 01:00 PM

Wink, wink...nudge, nudge. Pssssss... It's that damn Kawi!

Bassil Duwaik
Mon Oct 9th, 2006, 06:15 PM
I was saying that there are members in the CSC that do stunt, and I get tired of reading posts from members that talk :poo: about anyone that does anything better or different than them! I don't care what anyone says, Wheelies are fun to watch, Stoppies are badass, and other stunts speak for themselves. If you can take off from a 90 degree angle with your legs over the front of your bike, you've got skills that most of us don't have.
Now I am not saying go do wheelies down I-25, or do stoppies in the middle of traffic, but I am saying.....
Have fun, live life to the fullest of your abilities, and don't stop "stunting", because, I want to watch!! Just do it safely and at least wear a helmet.

intresting, intresting...too bad some of the people here can't seem to see this aspect of life. I for one will live my life how I please regardless of how many people on this board talk trash about where and when I do what I do.

livinlife2themax
Sun Jan 14th, 2007, 03:34 AM
Dk.. WTF the 1000rr had no problem power wheeling up here bone stock, then when i got the PC and the pipe it was smoother...and whenever the snow and ice leave i am gonna take out the bike and see how it does with the sprocket conversion....should be able to get it up in second.....

But back to the thread.... Why is it that so many people bad mouth people that like to do wheelies??? You say that you dont do crazy stuff like that, you just take the bike through the twisties...well i am here to tell you that it aint much safer hauling ass through the twisties! if you low side in the wrong corner ....well you have a long fall, or a hard impact with the mountain! Also i had a experiance here a few omnths ago...where a truck was coming down the mountain and took a corner too fast and cmae over into my lane, i had no choice but to either get hit, go over the mountain or to lay the bike inot the side of the mountain... NOw i had to make a decision real fast on what i was gonna do, so i picked the dirt section of the mountain and down i went...didnt hurt the bike...thank god for frame sliders..Ok so now tell me that a person who is capable of makin split second decisions, is stupid and incapable of "stunting" so now why do you dowhatever you do on your bike...i.e. twisties excessivley breakin the speed limit or "stunting"? because it is fun and that is what you like to do on your bike...Well you know what i like the twisites, but i also like to wheelie my bike .... so just think about that next time you go to rag on somebody doin a wheelie, every person has there own thing they like to do....and that person may not think that what you do on your bike is exactly safe either.:guns:

firefghtr
Sun Jan 21st, 2007, 01:14 PM
wheelies are fun mmkkkaaaayyyy

(( LO LO ))
Sun Jan 21st, 2007, 04:45 PM
Damn, I can't believe there are still idiots out there who think because they don't stunt, that it is the wrong thing to do and there is no place for it. Wake up and smell the coffee. If stunting is such a bad thing, then why is it becoming a multi-billion dollar industry, and why is the fan base so huge in our country? I am sick of you dumba$$es who think that just because someone "stunts" that they can't ride anywhere else. Let me hear one of you call me a stunna who can't ride, I bet I can shut you up REAL quick on the track or canyons. The challenge is open to you stunter haters. Let's see what kinda skills you can bring to the table against me. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Hoopty
Thu Jan 25th, 2007, 03:42 AM
I challenge you to a duel!!! :D Nobody that stunts can ride fast on the track or elsewhere. :lol: :loser:

AshliRider44
Thu Jan 25th, 2007, 08:20 AM
I challenge you to a duel!!! :D Nobody that stunts can ride fast on the track or elsewhere. :lol: :loser:

:spit:

Sully
Thu Jan 25th, 2007, 08:24 AM
:lol:... and everyone knows that Messsican's can't ride... :siesta:...

luv ya LO LO... :D

(( LO LO ))
Thu Jan 25th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Hahaha, you guys kill me! Hoopty, you don't count....

(( LO LO ))
Thu Jan 25th, 2007, 08:34 AM
:lol:... and everyone knows that Messsican's can't ride... :siesta:...

luv ya LO LO... :D

Good thing I am Spanish!:hump:

Hoopty
Fri Jan 26th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Hahaha, you guys kill me! Hoopty, you don't count....

:cry:

PS- I thought you were Guatemalan? :lol:

#1Townie
Sun Jan 28th, 2007, 09:01 PM
i hate stunters

(( LO LO ))
Tue Jan 30th, 2007, 05:04 PM
:cry:

PS- I thought you were Guatemalan? :lol:

Isn't that a fruit?

eaheer
Wed Mar 14th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Can't believe this topic is still going...

Suki
Wed Mar 14th, 2007, 09:09 AM
it wasn't, it ended on: Tue Jan 30th, 2007, 04:04 PM