PDA

View Full Version : Can I borrow a chain riveter/tool? Anyone close to me?

Stuart Little
Sun Aug 6th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Hey guys, my new parts and stuff should all be here tomorrowish, anyone have a chain riveter I borrow so I can connect my new chain together?

Stuart Little
Mon Aug 7th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Anyone....adam....adams....adamowsky...bueller.... bueller...bueller...

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Aug 7th, 2006, 10:14 AM
...anyone have a chain riveter I borrow...

Hmm, does anyone have a rivet tool. Well, I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count.

Suki
Mon Aug 7th, 2006, 11:06 AM
i pick Santa, with all the toys his elves make, he's BOUND to have one of those thingamajigs!

Archangel
Mon Aug 7th, 2006, 04:46 PM
I pressed mine on firmly, drove it over to TK carefully, and they walked out with the tool and did it for me for FREE!!! They've got my loyalty and free PR.

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Aug 7th, 2006, 04:52 PM
I pressed mine on firmly, drove it over to TK carefully, and they walked out with the tool and did it for me for FREE!!! They've got my loyalty and free PR.

Dude!!! I'm pretty sure that was a helluva chance you took there. Of course, I have no clue how close you might be to TK. Still, though...

Brian let me borrow their D.I.D. tool and I had to buy one as soon as I returned it. The D.I.D. tool is the best I've seen. Since I only use the D.I.D. rivet links, I guess that works out perfectly for me.:)

Stuart Little
Mon Aug 7th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Well dean, I plan on buying a 530 DID o-ring chain when I get my other parts from GPM so if I could drop by and grab your tool (rivet tool that is) that'd be great.

As for the riding with the chain "firmly" attached, I don't really trust 130-140rwhp at just about any torque/rpm not to shoot into my leg or engine... again :) but thanks for the original idea :p

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Aug 8th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Well dean, I plan on buying a 530 DID o-ring chain when I get my other parts from GPM so if I could drop by and grab your tool (rivet tool that is) that'd be great.

I knew you just hung around for the tools!!

Call whenever...