PDA

View Full Version : road repair ongoing

pilot
Tue Aug 8th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Just got back from a ride. Deer Creek, High Grade Road and Black Forrest are all undergoing repaving this week. It looks as if they are preparing Deer Creek for a full repave. Tough going for now, but down the road they'll be better and safer.

sfarson
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 12:07 AM
I hope so. Went down Deer Creek today and what a mess... a patchwork of bumpy new asphalt, shoulder reconstruction, etc. If after the shoulder work it is deemed done, I'm writin' a letter. Far worse that it was before. If there is fresh resurfacing of the entire canyon, that would be great.

BHeth
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 04:57 AM
I was on DC Sunday morning and had a great ride. All the transitions from old to new pavement seem to be in the straights, and the new blacktopped corners are an improvement. It seemed the same the weekend before that. Maybe they tore it up some more during the week?

If they black the whole thing that would be killer. Makes it a lot easier to see the gravel.

sfarson
Thu Aug 17th, 2006, 09:00 PM
In Deer Creek Canyon yesterday, asked what the plan is. Current work is preparing the canyon for a full paving job. Good news.

SXSMITH
Sun Aug 20th, 2006, 07:44 AM
In Deer Creek Canyon yesterday, asked what the plan is. Current work is preparing the canyon for a full paving job. Good news.

I commute S. Turkey Creek & Deer Creek every day. This is taking forever. Should be nice when it's done. It will have bicycle lanes.

pilot
Sun Aug 20th, 2006, 09:57 PM
I just wish they would pave Douglas County Rd 40 from Sprucewood to Nighthawk. This would make the route from Sedalia to Deckers paved all the way in that direction and make a nice route to come to from Horsepower Hill through Pine Junction/285. Man, It's only 3 miles of asphalt. Come on Douglas/CDOT. That road is heavily traveled by trailers too. You can do it on a sport bike but it's a bit rough.

BHeth
Sun Aug 20th, 2006, 10:11 PM
I commute S. Turkey Creek & Deer Creek every day. This is taking forever. Should be nice when it's done. It will have bicycle lanes.

That is fantastic news. Between the cyclists and the cars in the middle of the road trying to get around them...well, you know.

Bashed
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 08:07 PM
I just wish they would pave Douglas County Rd 40 from Sprucewood to Nighthawk. This would make the route from Sedalia to Deckers paved all the way in that direction and make a nice route to come to from Horsepower Hill through Pine Junction/285. Man, It's only 3 miles of asphalt. Come on Douglas/CDOT. That road is heavily traveled by trailers too. You can do it on a sport bike but it's a bit rough.

I hit that road two weeks ago.From where the pavment starts to Deckers
watch for gravel washed out into the road from all the rain we have been getting.It is easy to spot but still treacherous.I have long been a supporter to pave that section.I think as it is very steep it would be hard to pave but still doable.
The 10 or so miles past the old South Platte Hotel would be suitable as well to our kind.
Late Bash