PDA

View Full Version : no "dash" lights

cdrewferd
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 12:36 PM
I have a '91 Honda CBR1000F and I don't have any lights on my "dash". My headlight, tail light, and turn signals all word just fine, I just have no lights on the "dash" to tell me if my blinker is going or if I'm in neutral. I have checked all of the fuses and they are fine. Any one have any ideas?

BHeth
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Any loose wires behind the dash?

Lurch
Wed Aug 9th, 2006, 07:10 PM
If you don't find and loose or worn wires check the fuses again except use a voltmeter and check resistence. Sometimes they blow and you can't see the break.

Lurch

cdrewferd
Thu Aug 10th, 2006, 08:00 AM
I looked behind the dash and their are no loose wires. When I checked the fuses I used one of those fuse testing tools that lights up if the fuse is still good. I hoping to get some time this weekend to work on it and I'll let you guys know what I find out.

Devaclis
Thu Aug 10th, 2006, 08:05 AM
NONE of the dash lights come on? I have had all of my indicator bulbs go at one before but still had my backlight for my speedo and tach. Those little bulbs ar $4 each from Honda

cdrewferd
Mon Aug 14th, 2006, 03:49 PM
The lights behind the speedo and tach come on, but the lights for the turn signals, high beams, oil, neutral, side stand don't come on when they should. My brother looked at it this weekend and he thinks that it's a bad ground. Now I just need some time to pull the bike apart and trace the wiring to see if thats the issue.