PDA

View Full Version : Fay myers

rexmora
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 08:58 AM
I had somewhat of a bad experince with Fay Myers. The day I went in to look around at bikes was nice they helped me right away, although when I asked on the phone if they had a Silver/Black gixxer they told me all they had was the blue/white one. Once I got in Jeremy had told me they did have a Black/Silver GSXR that was used. Started filling out paperwork with jeremy, I notifed him I had my financing done and was gonna be in tomorrow to finish it up. He had me do a basic sheet with the bike info and my info. Next day before I came in I notified Joe Jarvie that I would be in, check in hand and ready to go. Once I got in, they had the bike up front ready to go, problem was no one helped me for ten minutes. Joe was doing a sale, and finally someone came up and asked if they could help me. I told them I wanted to finish buying the bike, I believe it was Zach.. Zach went in the back and got the paperwork prepped which took another 10 or 15 minutes before I finally got to sit down and start signing stuff. After I bought the bike they explained some of the features and things and said they would get me an owners manual. Once they had it outside and I got home I discovered there was no manual in the bike, only the tool set.

I didn't like the fact that I had to stand around and wait for that half an hour on paperwork and for someone to just notice us, when before hand I called in and told them I was on my way. The paperwork should've been prepped and ready to go, the owners manual was just a minor thing but when they tell me their gonna get me something they should do it that day..

All in all not too bad of an experince but it could've gone smoother, I still have to call down there an figure out what's going on with the owner's manual.

salsashark
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Have you never bought any type of vehicle from a dealer before? It's not an in and out process, it can take a while. From the sounds of it, you had a typical buying experience. And, from what I read, it's vastly improved from the old Fay Meyers that I suffered with when trying to buy my first bike.

I walked in, stood around for a half an hour, finally got some half assed attention from someone who knew less about the bike I was interested in then your average 3rd grader. FInally got frustrated, went over to Aurora Honda, and bought my 919.

Relax, call them and get your manual.

Sully
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 09:33 AM
If you want to get noticed.. bring in a girl with HUGE BOOBS :boobies:.. Then you'll get some help ! :lol:.... :roll: (happens to me all the time)

rexmora
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Just posting my experince, I didn't realize it was the typical treatment...Just figured they would have some of the stuff prepped since I had notyfied them of when I was gonna be in.

Jenny
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 09:55 AM
You didn't say whether it's new or used. If it's a used bike, they will likely need to order the manual.

rexmora
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Yea it is used, will I have to pay for the manual or will they take care of it?

vmax2003
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Just posting my experince, I didn't realize it was the typical treatment...Just figured they would have some of the stuff prepped since I had notyfied them of when I was gonna be in.

Yea, when i bought the vmax from ft collins motorsports, it was almost a all day experinece....lolololol. but thats what happens sometimes so you had a good experince for only 30-40 minutes..:crazy:

Jenny
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 10:37 AM
If they said that they would get the manual for you, they'll likely take care of that. You might want to remind them about that though and if possible, go in there and get him to order it while you are there.

BHeth
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Yea it is used, will I have to pay for the manual or will they take care of it?

If they said they'd provide one, they shouldn't expect you to pay for it.

Bueller
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Owners manual is crap. Just go get a service manual instead, it actually has info you can use.

Devaclis
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Just DL the service manual PDF from the CSC

livinlife2themax
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Sounds like you had a great experience compared to what i have had on numerous occasions at fay myers......not gonna beat a dead horse! But yeah joe jarve can be kinda an ass...seems like he treated you pretty good. But i will stick with aurora honda for all my bike purchases (u cant sein how you bought agixxer, which by the way i was riding with a guy last night with a new gixxer and as we got on the interstate his gear shifter linkage came out so he had a interesting ride down the interstate......moral of the story dont buy a gixxer...lol) but anywyas aurora honda has always treated me good on my purchases...small business but great customer service!

DeeStylez
Fri Aug 11th, 2006, 07:58 PM
It does take time to prep up the paperwork I think we all had to go through the wait when financing. Secondly don't count on a owners manual, I had the same problem, your best bet is to download and print the manual from the homepage.

BHeth
Sat Aug 12th, 2006, 04:12 AM

That's good advice, but if they said they'd give you an owners manual you should hold them to it. Even if you just set your coffee on it. Plus, when you resell the bike some buyers really get off on little stuff like that.

BTW, Devaclis, love your avatar. It's givin me a feevah!

mullhaupt R6
Thu Aug 17th, 2006, 09:57 PM

what: Wheres the CSC

rforsythe
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 11:37 AM
Site supporters now get access to our collection of service manuals...

mullhaupt R6
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:07 PM
Site supporters now get access to our collection of service manuals...

How do we get access?

Bueller
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:12 PM
How do we get access?
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7184

tm06r1
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:13 PM
I don't buy there, but it sounds pretty typical. The part you neglected to mention is the hell of a deal that you got. Still can't beleive it....nice shopping. Met you Sat. --- Good ride, looking forward to the next

rexmora
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 08:00 PM
lol, yea....lol the deal was good ^_^ but I just thought I wasn't being taken seriously cause of my age...but lookin at the census they treated me good...I'll need to get someone with big boobs to come with me next time I go do some shopping...

krod
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 10:51 PM
Went there for the first time since 2000 (had a bad experence) to by a new set of leathers and maybe do some supermoto shoping. The parts dept was helpful got a new set of shift leathers decent price . Went to the bikes and stood around looking for some help no one seemed interested in helping me got pissed off and left. Guess I will buy the KTM somewhere else.

Bueller
Wed Aug 23rd, 2006, 05:15 AM
''f you buy the KaToom, then I'll have to get that Husaberg:cry:

krod
Wed Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:14 PM
This is going to get expensive,lol

VryfastRR
Thu Aug 24th, 2006, 11:05 AM
I have bought 2 bikes from them and have never had any problems. May be because I friend is who I bought them from. I have heard a lot of people have had problems but now that Ralph Schomp owns it everything should be a lot better. Lisa Schomp and the Ralph Schomp dealer have a very good reputation for the best customer service so I'm sure things will continue to get better.

vegasbound
Wed Aug 30th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Pete is probly the best sales guy they have. He takes the extra time and really cares about his customers....

Ask for Pete guys, anybody else know him?

I ended up buying from a private dealer, but Pete was great...

Bassil Duwaik
Wed Oct 11th, 2006, 11:34 PM
If only what I know now I knew then