PDA

View Full Version : Where's the local Dirt Parks...???

R1-Tek
Tue Aug 15th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Been livin in Colorado (Aurora) since March and need to find more place to ride the DRZ400 "dirt-only" aside from Rampart. Been there twice and like it, but wanna ride other places too.

Basically, I'm looking for anything good within 1.5 hours of E-470 and Quincy in Aurora. Any advice fellas...???

R1chie
Tue Aug 15th, 2006, 05:24 PM
717 is about that. Go to Colorado Springs, turn on Cimmeron, head west to Woodlandpark, after driving through the town the first traffic light (trout creek rd) turn right follow it down to a gravel parking area.

Joe
Tue Aug 15th, 2006, 09:09 PM
There is Watkins, haven't been there yet, since I just got back in the saddle last week (2 year hiatus due to munchkins). Take Jewell from GunClub out 4-5 miles from what I hear. ~$10.

Will head out there this weekend with you if you're interested.
I live at Belleview and Gunclub (Tollgate Crossing Subdiv)

Don't worry Dysco, I stayed true to the dirt. An XR650R legal-ized.
Although I'm having the usual 5-year old dirtbike problems (jetting, parts that need to be replaced...)

friscokidd
Wed Aug 16th, 2006, 11:45 AM
watkins is a moto cross track, has 3 different tracks (pee-wee, beginer/novice, and expert) $10 / day

woodland park- GREAT trail riding, not as crowded as rampart, but is about 1.5 hrs away......well worth it if you ask me.

grand lake - going up to check it out this weekend, but heard its fun! granted, its 2 hrs away, but great for the weekend if you like to camp or just want to get away.

breckenridge area - ask "kim and dean", they have been up there and say its good. only about 1.5 hr away too, if that

Hope these help:)

NineTwoFour
Wed Aug 16th, 2006, 12:12 PM
There is some riding around St. Mary's glacier, and Central City. Just past CC if you go up HWY 6.

Also, there was a bit of riding over by Georgetown.

Both of those are more 4x4 roads than "trails".

R1-Tek
Wed Aug 16th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Thanx for offer to hit up Watkins this weekend, but I'm tied up for the next two weekends. Might hit you up in a few weeks though.

There is Watkins, haven't been there yet, since I just got back in the saddle last week (2 year hiatus due to munchkins). Take Jewell from GunClub out 4-5 miles from what I hear. ~$10.

Will head out there this weekend with you if you're interested.
I live at Belleview and Gunclub (Tollgate Crossing Subdiv)

Don't worry Dysco, I stayed true to the dirt. An XR650R legal-ized.
Although I'm having the usual 5-year old dirtbike problems (jetting, parts that need to be replaced...)

FZRguy
Wed Aug 16th, 2006, 04:38 PM
You may not enjoy Watkins on a dual sport. It’s all MX and I can’t say that I’ve ever seen a dual-sport on the track. An occasional WR or X but not an XR or DZ. If you’re in to jumping, it could still be fun.

Buddau
Wed Aug 16th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Isn't there riding up by Central City? A couple years ago, I was up there at the top of the hill at the old grave yards. There were dirt bikes everywhere!

Dysco
Sat Sep 16th, 2006, 09:20 AM
It doesn't take much to plate that DRZ-E here. Do that and you can connect trails from Boulder to Utah with minimal pavement. :D

My name is Mike and it's been 9 months since my last dirt ride...

(( LO LO ))
Thu Nov 2nd, 2006, 06:02 PM
717 is about that. Go to Colorado Springs, turn on Cimmeron, head west to Woodlandpark, after driving through the town the first traffic light (trout creek rd) turn right follow it down to a gravel parking area.

Hey R1tchie, is that area off limits to quads? And do you need OHV tags? I never knew about this area...

Khalid 171
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 06:52 PM
Hey R1tchie, is that area off limits to quads? And do you need OHV tags? I never knew about this area...

Hey LO LO. I have been up there before on the YFZ. It's pretty fun. Lots of trails. You do need a OHV tag though. There are some rangers up there on some of the service roads. Definatly worth checking out though.

(( LO LO ))
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 10:01 PM
Hey LO LO. I have been up there before on the YFZ. It's pretty fun. Lots of trails. You do need a OHV tag though. There are some rangers up there on some of the service roads. Definatly worth checking out though.

Nice, I just might do that. Yo Khalid, do you still have your YFZ?

Desmo
Sat Nov 4th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Hey guys.... Sorry I have not been on line much.. now that I live in Denver life is busy...
Jessica and I did get some dirt bikes this summer and will be looking interested in hitting some of these areas... we have been to Watkins but enjoy the trails alot more...
so LoLo, Rich... let me know the next time you guys are going up.. I know Mark (puck) his wife and Bash and his wife ride also.. so when is the next trip??

Buddau
Sat Nov 4th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Have you tried Berthoud yet?
There also is this website, www.thumpertalk.com (http://www.thumpertalk.com). Look at the rocky mountain section.

Khalid 171
Sat Nov 4th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Nice, I just might do that. Yo Khalid, do you still have your YFZ?

Yeah man I still have it. I try to get out a lot but with the trails getting pretty snowy I am going to start going out to the tracks Burthoud and IMI. How bout you. Do you still have that Raptor? Oh yeah and are still riding down at Pueblo? I thought I heard something about them closing it down.