PDA

View Full Version : right signals work, left signals don't

snatfinder
Thu Aug 17th, 2006, 09:31 PM
I have an 03 kawi 636 and the guy I bought the bike from put short stalk signals with a high mount pipe, which didn't work because the right signal hits the pipe. I got new signals that wouldn't interfere and when I went to replace them, the wiring's pretty sloppy. I ghetto rigged them just to test and the right side works, but the left side does nothing. The front doesn't work and it doesn't even light up on the gauges that the signal is on. Relay issue? Or could it be something else?

Ben

rybo
Thu Aug 17th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Gotta say it's a wiring issue. if you crossed up some wires they simply won't work the way they are supposed to.

snatfinder
Thu Aug 17th, 2006, 11:21 PM
I only touched the rear signal wires. Nothing's crossed. Left to left, right to right. Right works fine. According to the manual, if they don't act appropriately, replace the relay. I disconnected the rear signals and connected the new ones. The only thing that I thought was weird was that for some reason, there was a piece of wire that was taped to the + and - wires. Not connected at all, but about a 6 inch section taped in. ??