PDA

View Full Version : Saturday, September 2 at PMP

Ene
Fri Aug 18th, 2006, 04:55 AM
We have had a cancellation for Saturday, September 2 at Pueblo Motorsports Park. This is a great Opportunity to get some track time over the Labor day holiday. We will open at 8:00 am and close at 4:00 pm.

Don't forget the Swap meet, September 3. Join us with your "stuff" and make some cash to buy those new parts you have been wanting, not to mention the fun we will have. If you want a space for this day, just let Earlene know.

Please call Earlene "Ene" at 719-240-4132 to reserve track time.

Thanks to all !

Bueller
Fri Aug 18th, 2006, 04:17 PM
I am pretty sure I'll make this one!

krod
Fri Aug 18th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Count me in for sure.

Player 2
Fri Aug 18th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Man, that's awfully tempting.

motobum
Sat Aug 19th, 2006, 12:47 PM
ill be there!!

jplracing
Sat Aug 19th, 2006, 10:57 PM
I am in

5280ZX6R
Mon Aug 21st, 2006, 09:25 AM
What are the constraints of this track day?

I have done a few track days before at PPIR and I also took a two day school there. That was a few years ago though. I would like to get on the track again purely for fun.

I have never been on Pueblo though.

Is there any instruction available? I'm assuming the day will split up with different riding groups? I'd like to ease back into some casual track riding yet I don't want to show up and be on the track with people going crazy fighting for top position.

I'd be a street rider, on street tires, showing up to turn a few sessions and leave with a big grin on my face. I've loved every bit of track time I've done in the past. However I don't want to overstep my bounderies.

Archangel
Mon Aug 21st, 2006, 03:41 PM
So how does this work? Are riders split into groups?

Bueller
Mon Aug 21st, 2006, 04:00 PM
What are the constraints of this track day?
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7389

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Aug 21st, 2006, 04:01 PM
So how does this work? Are riders split into groups?

Ugly on the left - good looking on the right.

Archangel
Mon Aug 21st, 2006, 04:31 PM

Thanks... Where do you think that puts me??? Better yet, where does it put you? :slap:

5280ZX6R
Mon Aug 21st, 2006, 04:34 PM
Bueller, thanks for the informative link. That certainly helps.

I have a leather jacket and leather track pants but they do not have a full circumference zipper. Is it okay to run a jacket/pant that are not connected?

What kind of costs are due?

Is it possible to do a half day on Saturday?

How many people are currently signed up?

I appoligize for all the questions but I'd rather ask now than show up not prepaired.

Bueller
Mon Aug 21st, 2006, 04:43 PM
Got to be full zip together. $75 Full day/ $50 half day 8:00-12:00 or 12:00 -4:00

Don't know numbers but it is a fairly large track so it can accommodate quite a few bikes. If there is sufficient bikes it will be split into sessions.

5280ZX6R
Mon Aug 21st, 2006, 04:47 PM
Okay...I figured it had to be a full zipper.

On the previous link you posted it stated that groups would be spit up depending on number plate (yellow or white) and street bike.

I'm assuming that it would be a bike only day?

silkboxr
Mon Aug 21st, 2006, 10:52 PM
As far as I know it's open to cars and bikes......But it's not a big deal usually the cars and bikes split the time every half hour if there are enough of each. Just relax go out and have a good time. Just use good common sense and don't panic if someone passes you while in a turn. Just hold your line and it's all good. I'd much rather be passed by one of the fast MRA experts than anyone else........They know their way around people safely and fast.

Ene
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 03:54 AM
At this point only bikes have signed up. That's great because it makes it easier to accomodate everyone's level of riding.

Thanks for jumping in and answering questions but all of you are just great at helping out.

See you soon,
Earlene "Ene"
719-240-4132

5280ZX6R
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 08:20 AM
Yes thanks so much for answering all of my questions. It's greatly appreciated. Good people make it so much easier to partake in experiances like this.

Ene I'm still not 100% sure that I'll be able to make it but I'll let you know as soon as I am!

Thanks!!!!!

Ene
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 11:00 AM
Thank you and Thanks to everyone coming that Saturday.

Blessings to all,
Earlene "Ene"

Jenny
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 11:03 AM
I wish I didn't work on Saturdays!

Mel
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 11:15 AM
:imwithstupid:

Archangel
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 11:21 AM
I called my reservation in...

Is anyone going to have a transmitter there for lap times?

Sully
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 11:42 AM

And "Sexy" in the front, way ahead, right ? :lol:

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 12:02 PM
And "Sexy" in the front, way ahead, right ? :lol:

I'll be right behind ya...

pg_rider
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 12:10 PM
Rats, going to be out of town that weekend. A weekend track day is a rare thing indeed!!!

Sully
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 02:39 PM
I'll be right behind ya...

:lol:.. yeah.. trying to lap me :turtle: .. for a second time ! But seriously.. you guys going ?? :yay:

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 03:02 PM
:lol:.. yeah.. trying to lap me :turtle: .. for a second time ! But seriously.. you guys going ?? :yay:

We're planning on it. Gotta get my spare set of leathers fixed. Kim blew out almost every seam when she broke her back.

Sully
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 03:23 PM
:up:.. Sweeet.. I'm going to try to make it as well ! :bananna:

Bueller
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 04:15 PM
Earlene, can we come down Friday afternoon with the toy hauler and spend the night, or are there Friday night drag races?

jplracing
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 09:33 PM
For those of you that have asked for instruction.

I have been appointed by Earlene to help instruct new track riders to the rules of PMP.

I will be there hopefully around 9:30am and am more than willing to help out any of the none racers with the rules, safety aspects and lines of the track

I am on a black, white and orange GSXR with the number 55. Please come find me...I have no way of knowing right now who is new and who isn't. In the future Earlene will be developing some sort of certificate to prove that you have been instructed. Without this Cert, or race license, you may not be able to ride...but again this is in the future plans

Just as a refresher to the new PMP rules....

Full leathers One piece perfered but will allow 2 piece as long as it ZIPS ALL THE WAY AROUND
Helmet with no crash damage...obviously
Gloves
Boot must cover ankles

NO STUNTING...Period!

Track entrance and exit must be used without execption....You are required to raise your left hand on the back straight when you plan to exit. Also please don't change your mind...if you hand goes up you must exit.

Mirrors Must be removed

All lights (Head Light, Turn Signals and Tail light must be taped over)

General Rule about sessions depending on turn out

Light/smaller turn out

Street 1/2 hour
Race 1/2 hour
*Earlene will determine which session runs first 1/2 hour and who runs 2nd.

Heavier turnout....if needed

20 Minute Sessions

Street
Yellow Plate (novice racers only)
White (expert racers only)

**Those of you that have race experiance, but are on a street bike please see me prior to picking a session (yes Dean I am helping you out here)

Earlene and the track mangement have the ultimate responsiblity of determining whether rules are being violated...if there is a question ask prior to.

Obviously these are the basic rules of any track...but with such a possible differential of speed it is all about safety!

If anyone has any questions please PM me or email me at jlogalbo@msn.com I am here to help out.

Thanks

Joe

silkboxr
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 10:55 PM
I'll try to make it, and I'll have a transmitter if I'm there Warrenjrose...:)

Ene
Wed Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:39 AM
For those wanting to come down Friday Afternoon and camp out for Saturday- Yes, you are more than welcome. Please remember, we do not have electrical services for users. We do have water and restrooms (the real kind) and PortaPots. There will be no Friday Night Drags so you can park where you want (The last one is this Friday, August 25).

New riders to Pueblo Motorsports Park---

Please take Joe up on his generous offer to inform and help us continue on our quest to make and keep PMP a comfortable, fun and SAFE place to enjoy the ride.

Thank you!
Earlene "Ene"
719-240-4132

eklew
Thu Aug 24th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Earlene, I left you a message in regards to reserving track time but never got a call back. Just wanted to know if we need to sign up or can we just show up on the 2nd. Thanks.

Elden

Ene
Thu Aug 24th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Please just come on down. We'll be ready for you. The Cell phone went on the fritz but your all welcome. All we got in the way of weather today was maybe 15 minutes of drizzle and tomorrow is suppose to be much cooler which will be great. I am opening the gates at 7:30 am for all ya early birds.

See you tomorrow and Thank you so much,
Earlene "Ene"

eklew
Thu Aug 24th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Please just come on down. We'll be ready for you. The Cell phone went on the fritz but your all welcome. All we got in the way of weather today was maybe 15 minutes of drizzle and tomorrow is suppose to be much cooler which will be great. I am opening the gates at 7:30 am for all ya early birds.

See you tomorrow and Thank you so much,
Earlene "Ene"

Thanks for the reply Earlene, see you there on 9/2.

Bueller
Wed Aug 30th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Ene,
If I want to camp, what time would I have to be there by on Fri. afternoon to get in the pits (assuming the gate would be locked)?

Ene
Thu Aug 31st, 2006, 06:07 AM
Due to a rainout last Friday night, This Friday will be a makeup race so PLEASE park in the North area of the Pits. You can come down during the day which would be best due to Friday Nights. We start filling up around 8:00pm so before that and you should be able to find a place to set up.

Thanks for asking,
Ene

R1chie
Sat Sep 2nd, 2006, 09:07 AM
Mike Bash is down at PMP now and asked me to post that it was dry and some blue splotches of sky peaking through the clouds. Looks like it is going to be a good day as of 9:00 (hope this was the right thread)