PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question from a dummy

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Mon Aug 21st, 2006, 07:12 PM
I just got these nifty frame sliders, http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=139 and before I install them, I wanted to make sure I tightened and torqued them correctly. As you all know, if they are tightened too much, they can snap easily on impact...and I would imagine if they aren't tightened enough they will do the same thing. So, what is the correct torque for these bolts? Or, is there a standard torque setting for a 10mm pitch bolt?

I welcome all smart ass and serious responses. Fire away!

:)

Lurch
Mon Aug 21st, 2006, 07:23 PM
39.8 lb-ft or 55 N.m for the slider bolts

16.5 lb-ft or 23 N.m for the smaller pinch bolts but you shouldn't need to remove these.

Use loctite or they will fall off.

Lurch

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Mon Aug 21st, 2006, 07:36 PM
39.8 lb-ft or 55 N.m for the slider bolts

16.5 lb-ft or 23 N.m for the smaller pinch bolts but you shouldn't need to remove these.

Use loctite or they will fall off.

Lurch

Thanks a lot Lurch. 39.8 lb-ft. it is then.

Filo
Mon Aug 21st, 2006, 08:48 PM
Thanks a lot Lurch. 39.8 lb-ft. it is then.

My goodness - don't listen to Lurch. Everyone knows he doesn't know a torque wrench from a dildo. I would go with about 20000 N/m. Or not. Yeah, probably not. On second thought listen to Lurch - unless he wants to sell you a used torque wrench.

Lurch
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:51 AM
My goodness - don't listen to Lurch. Everyone knows he doesn't know a torque wrench from a dildo. I would go with about 20000 N/m. Or not. Yeah, probably not. On second thought listen to Lurch - unless he wants to sell you a used torque wrench.

Hey when was the last time you saw anything fall off my bike except for me.

Lurch