PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs up to Progressive Insurance!

Anonymous
Thu Feb 12th, 2004, 11:25 AM
I just switched my auto policy on the 4runner to them less than a week ago. Yesterday I got in a minor accident due to weather and some conveniently placed concrete barricades.

They have been great! I had it looked at by an adjuster within 2 hours, the shop is going to get it tomorrow (though I could have dropped it off same-day but chose not to due to the weather) and start work immediately, and they are arranging for Enterprise to pick me up at the body shop and get me in a rental for the duration of the repairs. This has been a very painless and smooth process (and like the commercials say, their website is pretty good too). I'm going to get a quote on the bike as well and consider switching that over if the price is right, based on my experience in the past 24 hours.

:up: to these guys!

Vance
Thu Feb 12th, 2004, 11:36 AM
I'm using Progressive on the bike right now Ralph - bike only - no car - and they're giving me what I consider a smoking ass hot rate - especially when I compared it to EVERYONE else and they all came in at nearly double what I'm paying for Progressive for a full year coverage.

I'd definately recommend hooking up with them - especially since you've got good experiences with their responsiveness.

BenDover
Thu Feb 12th, 2004, 12:12 PM
For the prices they quoted me, they'd have to drive me around in a limousine. Thier quote was nearly triple what I am paying now. :321:

Although, I may not have the nice experience that Ralph is having with his claim, if I need to make one. :|

merlin
Thu Feb 12th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Progressive is pissing me off!

I dumped the Hurricane on a patch of ice Saturday, and I STILL haven't heard from the adjusters! Hell, I even did the research for them- called the local Honda shops, got prices on the fairings that are damaged (or destroyed, on the right side) gave them a list of every part that was damaged and how bad, looked up the N.A.D.A value on the bike for em... and still no word.

Merlin

Anonymous
Thu Feb 12th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Weird. I called 'em up and was speaking with my adjuster within 5 minutes of the accident, and the only reason it took 2 hours to get him to see it was because I had to get to work first.

swademaster
Thu Feb 12th, 2004, 02:24 PM
When I first goy my TL I paid $65 a month with a $1000 deductible, but they didn't lower their rates after I turned 25. Switched to State Farm for $30 a month with a $250 deductible. :321: Progressive

NineTwoFour
Thu Feb 12th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Yea... Progressive NEVER called me back regarding my claim. It took me calling and cancelling my policy before I ever found out what was going on.

Tech Ninja
Thu Feb 12th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Progressive was great. When I got a quote from them on their website for my Jeep, they gave me their competitors' rates as well. American Family was half their price, and I'm still with them and happy. Thanks, Progressive.

Bryce
Thu Feb 12th, 2004, 09:48 PM
hmmmm seems that possibly progressives car devision is better than the bike I had a horrible time with them when I had my bike insured with them but all of my cars are with them now and haven't had any issues

KooLaid
Thu Feb 12th, 2004, 11:55 PM
They want a friggin fortune for the bike at progressive. That's why my bike is with farmers and my truck is with progressive. Surprised me that my bike is dirt cheap with farmers, but EXPENSIVE for the truck, and vice versa for progressive.

Anonymous
Fri Feb 13th, 2004, 11:15 AM
They want a friggin fortune for the bike at progressive. That's why my bike is with farmers and my truck is with progressive. Surprised me that my bike is dirt cheap with farmers, but EXPENSIVE for the truck, and vice versa for progressive.

Yeah farmers wanted a ton for the 4runner but the bike was cheap... *shrug* I'll get a bike quote from Progressive and see what they say.

Jenny
Fri Feb 13th, 2004, 12:11 PM
I pay $30/month for my R6 and $131 for the Eclipse.

For shits & giggles, I requested quotes through Progressive. For the bike - $3000/year ($250 deductible on comp & coll) and $1500/year for the Eclipse ($1000 deductible).

Car isn't bad but with that quote on the bike... :321: Progressive :p

merlin
Fri Feb 13th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Re: Progressive Motorcycle insurance problems:

Found out today why it's so freakin hard to get any service from Progressive on bike claims- They can only send "Level 3" adjusters on bike claims... And there are apperently only 2 of those for the entire Metro Denver area. Looks like it'll be Monday before I find anything out on the Hurricane, cause the one that's not on vacation this week had a family emergency. State Farm here I come!

Merlin

KooLaid
Fri Feb 13th, 2004, 01:53 PM
I went to farmers when I first moved to colorado and needed a quote for my 94 ranger 2wd liability. First Farmers, $2900/year! 2nd State farm, $2000/year, geico wouldn't insure me. WTF? Progressive $900/year. I didn't even wanna bother finding out what it would be for the bike. Forget THAT. I mean, my record is still smoldering, when I came out here, I had 3 of 4 points max before suspension (california points), but what surprised the hell outta me was, 3-4 months AFTER my 3 tickets in 2 months, biggest being the one I got in monterey during laguna seca WSBK, my farmer's bike insurance actually DROPPED in HALF! from $60s/month to $30s/month! It's been over a year and half since my last california ticket on my california license and my rate still stays in the $30's!

KooLaid
Fri Feb 13th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Oh yeah, and I did take out a $4500 or so claim on the bike too! hmmmmmm........... think i'll keep the bike with farmers.......