PDA

View Full Version : Trail riding this weekend 8-26/27

Bueller
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 07:06 PM
Anyone got any riding plans? I can manage one of the two days.

R1chie
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 07:07 PM
Anyone got any riding plans?

No plans yet but I'll ride with ya.

krod
Tue Aug 22nd, 2006, 10:38 PM
Can't this weekend the inlaws are in town.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Aug 23rd, 2006, 07:57 AM
My bike is in a thousand pieces right now. I fell over in a three foot deep water hole Saturday night around midnight. The bike was under water and still running!!! By the time I reached down to grab the handle bars, she was done!!

Should have it back together tonight...

Filo
Wed Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:05 AM
I have time Sunday, if you are OK with taking a slow dude.

R1chie
Wed Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:40 AM
My bike is in a thousand pieces right now. I fell over in a three foot deep water hole Saturday night around midnight. The bike was under water and still running!!! By the time I reached down to grab the handle bars, she was done!!

Should have it back together tonight...

Did she just get a little wet or did she bend a rod?

Slow guys are fine with me, I am not that fast.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Aug 23rd, 2006, 11:41 AM
Did she just get a little wet or did she bend a rod?

It got a lot wet but, no damage that I can see, yet.
It hydraulic locked the piston but, was barely at idle when it filled up. The carb was totally full of mud/water. Doesn't appear that any water made it into the case. Once it's back together, I'm gonna do two oil changes back-to-back, and pray.

Bueller
Wed Aug 23rd, 2006, 03:41 PM
:shocked: Yow! hope for the best, one of those night rides huh :lol:

Need any help?

Filo, we'll would be fine with the slow rider part as long as you aren't slow to arrive.
Rich are you coming up Jackson creek road? If so we can do the Flat Rocks meeting place, but if you go all the way to Sadalia we could meet closer to 67.

svrat
Wed Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:11 PM
Sounds like your riding Rampart. I've never ridden there myself but would like to. Bueller - are you interested in riding Apex? Rollinsville through to Alice?

R1chie
Wed Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:09 PM
:shocked: Yow! hope for the best, one of those night rides huh :lol:

Need any help?

Filo, we'll would be fine with the slow rider part as long as you aren't slow to arrive.
Rich are you coming up Jackson creek road? If so we can do the Flat Rocks meeting place, but if you go all the way to Sadalia we could meet closer to 67.

I could go to Sadalia, It is not much farther and I could take the highway all the way to 85 over to Sadalia. Let me know where you want to meet and which day.

Filo
Wed Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:19 PM
Wow, I just looked up where Rampart is. So... have a good time. That is a long, long drive from up here in Wyoming where I (essentially) live. I'll just go to Red Feathers with someone.

Bueller
Wed Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:39 PM
Wow, I just looked up where Rampart is. So... have a good time. That is a long, long drive from up here in Wyoming where I (essentially) live. I'll just go to Red Feathers with someone.

Come on you big Sally. It would be worth your drive, it's a very large diverse ridding area. You would probably have fun.

I am still waiting to hear if my wifes plans are a go or not. If not I will probably take the camper up and spend the weekend. In which case I would be up RR road about 6-6.5 mi. depending on which sites are open.
I'll get back to you on that.

krod
Wed Aug 23rd, 2006, 09:13 PM
Look out for Bueller he is fuckin nuts on that yz

Bueller
Thu Aug 24th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Look out for Bueller he is fuckin nuts on that yz
:dunno: :lol:

Looks like I am heading up Fri. afternoon and try to get one of the good spots for the Trailer. Like I posted before, about 6 to 6.5 mi. up Rampart Range Road on the left side. The spots are back off the road a bit. Look for my white GMC and my "Weekender" toy hauler.
Dean and Rich, you guys have my # so gimme a call if you head up, can't get reception everywhere but leave a message and I'll check occasionally and get back with youse.

FZRguy
Sat Aug 26th, 2006, 07:57 PM
I fell over in a three foot deep water hole Saturday night around midnight...

Sounds mostly unpleasant. I’ll probably go to Watkins on Tuesday if ya wanna jump that bitch.

FZRguy
Sun Aug 27th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Forget Watkins, see Dirt Day at Thunder Valley thread.