PDA

View Full Version : I'm busted

Bassil Duwaik
Fri Aug 25th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Yeah the title says it all. I haven't received a ticket in nearly 3 years then POW I got 3 in the span of 1 month. Damn that 998. Anyone know of good attorneys in the following counties; Golden, Commerce city, Denver?

There not small tickets, the Commerce city one was going 80 in a 55. The Golden was going 80 in a 45 and the last one Denver going 70 in a 35 with a reckless driving. All of them are 6 point violations except the reckless driving. The worst part about it is that I got singled out in all of them. I was riding with some friends when it all happened...and please don't say anything about running from them when I know they've already got my plates.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Aug 25th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Golden is Jefferson County

Commerce City is Adams County

and Denver is Denver County

I'll buy your bike when the court orders you to sell it. Good luck.

salsashark
Fri Aug 25th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Suddenly, my 1 ticket for 92 in a 65 doesn't seem so bad!

good luck

DeeStylez
Fri Aug 25th, 2006, 11:34 AM
So much for our ride Bassil, that sucks that there all from different counties. Very tempting on them sportbikes.... :)

I just recieved my moto license about 2 months ago so hopefully i can keep it clean. Maybe some good plea bargains will help you through this ordeal. GL

~Barn~
Fri Aug 25th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Funny you should ask... I know a fantastic lawyer! =)

PM me, if you'd like her contact information. She's very, very good.

-Brandon-

Nick_Ninja
Fri Aug 25th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Before the RR Nazis and the uber neo-cons took over our government I was clocked doing 135 in a 55 going to Second Creek for the races on my Kawasaki GPZ 900A-1. The CSP told me that he could have towed my ride but allowed me to drive it home and park it. So I did. And grabbed the other bike (Honda CBX) and cranked it up when I passed the guy going back down to the races. He looked at me with total disgust as he was writing up some other fool.

Come court date all I was told to do, by the judge, was never show my face in Boulder County Court again and pay $18.00 in court costs. My record was clean at the time and so I felt somewhat vindicated from the law by taking four points against the license and digging into my piggy bank to pay my fine in nickles and dimes :D

Bassil Duwaik
Fri Aug 25th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Funny you should ask... I know a fantastic lawyer! =)

PM me, if you'd like her contact information. She's very, very good.

-Brandon-

Thanks for the heads up. I just gave her a call and left her a message. I'm not holding my breath man I think I might be finished (lose my lic). However, I'll keep fighting till the end.

~Barn~
Fri Aug 25th, 2006, 02:00 PM
You never know... It's worth a shot, especially with a lawyer. They seem to be able to pull shit off, that would otherwise be impossible. See what she says, when ya'll talk.

Bassil Duwaik
Fri Aug 25th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Golden is Jefferson County

Commerce City is Adams County

and Denver is Denver County

I'll buy your bike when the court orders you to sell it. Good luck.

It'll be a cold day in hell before I let that bike slide by my fingers lol. However, if things do go sour I might sell it if the price is right. Got a ton of upgrades. Carben, muff, plastic. But for the most part much of it is stock.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Aug 25th, 2006, 06:49 PM
j/k Ducati isn't on my dance card

Mac020
Fri Aug 25th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Long as they get their money.......... Hope you have lots of it! I would suggest slowing down in the future!

Vic
Fri Aug 25th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Long as they get their money.......... Hope you have lots of it! I would suggest slowing down in the future!

Or just invest in good radar detector...

seriously, good luck fighting your tickets. Remember, you was not speeding...... someone else did..

tm06r1
Fri Aug 25th, 2006, 11:41 PM
That blows! Good luck with your attorney. I work for a law firm. Let me know if I can help. late...

pilot
Sun Aug 27th, 2006, 08:51 PM
move to mexico

eaheer
Sun Aug 27th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Just curious why is this in the wheelie section? Were you doing wheelies at all of these times you got a ticket?

bulldog
Mon Aug 28th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Just curious why is this in the wheelie section? Were you doing wheelies at all of these times you got a ticket? I believe a wheelie is 12 points......

BenDover
Mon Aug 28th, 2006, 11:26 AM
I believe a wheelie is 12 points......

Actually, I got a 4pt Careless for doing a wheelie. :siesta:

bulldog
Mon Aug 28th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Actually, I got a 4pt Careless for doing a wheelie. :siesta: Must depend on the cops then. Actually maybe I was thinking of drag racing; I've been pulled over too many times to remember all the lectures cops have given me :cry:

Wahooman
Mon Aug 28th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Yeah the title says it all. I haven't received a ticket in nearly 3 years then POW I got 3 in the span of 1 month. Damn that 998. Anyone know of good attorneys in the following counties; Golden, Commerce city, Denver?

There not small tickets, the Commerce city one was going 80 in a 55. The Golden was going 80 in a 45 and the last one Denver going 70 in a 35 with a reckless driving. All of them are 6 point violations except the reckless driving. The worst part about it is that I got singled out in all of them. I was riding with some friends when it all happened...and please don't say anything about running from them when I know they've already got my plates.
If you are going to break the law...be prepared to pay for it. Sounds harsh but true I guess.
After one ticket I would think you might think about it some, after 2 tickets definetely re-think how you are riding, after 3 tickets........well pump up the tires on the ol' Huffy and start peddling.........

T-byrd
Mon Aug 28th, 2006, 08:32 PM
If you're going to need someone to keep your Duc in good running condition while you have it garaged...let me volunteer my services. :D

Tanya

dapper
Mon Aug 28th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Have ya seen Old School?
Bring as many 4 ounce KY jelly tubes you can manage, to court. ;)

Since ya called up the Barn abuse hotline, it might be worth loosing the plastic card for, say, 3 months?
:cheers:

Bassil Duwaik
Tue Aug 29th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Actually, I got a 4pt Careless for doing a wheelie. :siesta:

No a wheelie is 4 points. Running from the cops is 12 points plus criminal which you can proabably have dropped to a lesser charge. Lucky me I've got a total of 22 points with these 3 tickets

Nick_Ninja
Tue Aug 29th, 2006, 03:26 PM
In Colorado:

ADULT DRIVER:
• 12 points in any 12 consecutive months.
• 18 points in any 24 consecutive months.

Bassil Duwaik
Tue Aug 29th, 2006, 03:41 PM
you trying to say my ass is grassed

Nick_Ninja
Tue Aug 29th, 2006, 05:16 PM
you trying to say my ass is grassed

It is what it is ------- I'd suggest a GOOD lawyer though :crazy:

Scruff Dog
Wed Aug 30th, 2006, 11:32 AM
O man do you ever need a good talkin to.Which I'm sure you're going to get from three different judges.

AshliRider44
Wed Aug 30th, 2006, 04:09 PM
What the hell were you doing 70 in a 35 for??? I hope you get whats coming to you..... gah!

Bassil Duwaik
Wed Aug 30th, 2006, 05:10 PM
What the hell were you doing 70 in a 35 for??? I hope you get whats coming to you..... gah!

For what it's worth I was going 70 in a 30 and the bike can go from 0 to 100 in just over 5 secs. So when you go and try to pass up a car that's already going 40/45 holding on that throttle just one sec too long can make all the difference.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Aug 30th, 2006, 07:39 PM
But why would you want to PASS a vehicle that is speeding 40-45 in a 35 anyway?? I would have been happy to keep that beotch out in front of me and used it as a wall between me and the radar gun.

There's a name for yo-yo's on bikes that HAVE to drive 9/10ths on the street ------ TROOPER FODDER :D

Bassil Duwaik
Wed Aug 30th, 2006, 07:42 PM
But why would you want to PASS a vehicle that is speeding 40-45 in a 35 anyway?? I would have been happy to keep that beotch out in front of me and used it as a wall between me and the radar gun.

There's a name for yo-yo's on bikes that HAVE to drive 9/10ths on the street ------ TROOPER FODDER :D

What can I say other then when/if you ever ride in a group...I won't expect you to keep up.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Aug 30th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Now now ------------ I can't help it if I'm a slow poke :twisted:

Bueller
Wed Aug 30th, 2006, 08:04 PM
What can I say other then when/if you ever ride in a group...I won't expect you to keep up.

:wtf:

It doesn't take much skill to get a ticket.

onepoorstunna
Thu Aug 31st, 2006, 10:15 AM
:wtf:

It doesn't take much skill to get a ticket.

It takes no skill to get a ticket.

Stuart Little
Thu Aug 31st, 2006, 11:04 AM
ya see in our club rides it's a ride at your own pace, have as much fun as possible, typically all sit down to eat together and discuss our enjoyment of the sport and all being glad we're safe....and licensedIt's not a race...unless of course it is a race...then it's a race :p

BenDover
Thu Aug 31st, 2006, 11:24 AM

:spit: :pointlaugh: You don't know Nick Ninja, do ya?

Player 2
Thu Aug 31st, 2006, 11:45 AM
:imwithstupid:

Now now ------------ I can't help it if I'm a slow poke :twisted:
Jeff, you're such a slow ass old man... :lol:

~Barn~
Thu Aug 31st, 2006, 12:23 PM
:lol:

Jeff, you slow bastard! Move over already.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Aug 31st, 2006, 01:50 PM
Born fatherless to a mother that only could love me like no other; and yet another year older in a month or so. I just can't seem to shake the tendency to travel in the breakdown lane :D

KooLaid
Thu Aug 31st, 2006, 02:27 PM
Wow, 3 in 1 month. I thought my 3 in 2 months was bad. 103 in 75, 96 in 65, 33 in 30. And my wheelie was 4 points for careless.

In colorado for the 3 and half years here, I've gotten, 7 speeding, 1 careless, 1 rolling through a stop sign, 1 no proof of valid insurance (old card, but still insured), 2 warnings for plate not mounted and speeding.

crazy stats:

bike:
2- speeding
1- careless for the wheelie.
1- warning for no plate

truck:
4- speeding
1- no proof of insurance
1- rolling through stop sign
1- warning speeding

NSX:
1- speeding

Total points on record: ZERO

If you go back an extra 6 months, add 3 tickets to that.

Bassil Duwaik
Thu Aug 31st, 2006, 04:46 PM
Wow, 3 in 1 month. I thought my 3 in 2 months was bad. 103 in 75, 96 in 65, 33 in 30. And my wheelie was 4 points for careless.

In colorado for the 3 and half years here, I've gotten, 7 speeding, 1 careless, 1 rolling through a stop sign, 1 no proof of valid insurance (old card, but still insured), 2 warnings for plate not mounted and speeding.

crazy stats:

bike:
2- speeding
1- careless for the wheelie.
1- warning for no plate

truck:
4- speeding
1- no proof of insurance
1- rolling through stop sign
1- warning speeding

NSX:
1- speeding

Total points on record: ZERO

If you go back an extra 6 months, add 3 tickets to that.

How the hell did you manage that!!!! No points?!?!?! You got me drooling

~Barn~
Fri Sep 1st, 2006, 07:29 AM
Amateurs...
(And these are only the ones that I managed to keep. I'm sure there are a good 10 or so that I turned over, at court)

http://www.itsbarn.com/images/data/media/1/IMG_1039.JPG

Devaclis
Fri Sep 1st, 2006, 07:53 AM
That's a pretty bedspread Brandon

BHeth
Fri Sep 1st, 2006, 08:07 AM
That's a pretty bedspread Brandon

:lol:

Nick_Ninja
Fri Sep 1st, 2006, 08:13 AM
Where's the teddy bear? :gay:

~Barn~
Fri Sep 1st, 2006, 08:15 AM
Where's the teddy bear? :gay:

Well... if you'd look in the upper right of the picture, you'd see her ears.

And it's a Panda Bear, muthafucka!

Nick_Ninja
Fri Sep 1st, 2006, 08:17 AM
You mean the WOREOUT ears :lol:

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Fri Sep 1st, 2006, 08:54 AM
Nice bedsread as the others have mentioned...but where's your bike at now? Other than the Panda Bear, what do you ride?

~Barn~
Fri Sep 1st, 2006, 09:02 AM
Nice bedsread as the others have mentioned...but where's your bike at now? Other than the Panda Bear, what do you ride?

Bike got sold actually.

For your historical curiosity though, I'm a 3-term Yamaha'er going back 1999.

I had a '99 R6, followed by a 2000 R1, and then my most recent 2004 R1. "Britney" as she was affectionately called.

Anyway... long-story-short I lost my license for awhile, so I had to sell her. Right now, she's with my cousin Mario (pronounced Mary-Oh).

I won't bother embedding another obnoxiously big picture to this thread, but here's what she looks like, if you're interested:
BRITNEY (http://www.itsbarn.com/images/data/media/1/After_Jenny.jpg)

I'm thinking I'll either buy her back from Mario (pronounced Mary-Oh), when I get my lic. back, or I'll get me whatever the Ducati du jour is. Or both if I can. Needless to say I just kinda wanna get "legal" again. :lol:

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Fri Sep 1st, 2006, 09:10 AM
Bike got sold actually.

For your historical curiosity though, I'm a 3-term Yamaha'er going back 1999.

I had a '99 R6, followed by a 2000 R1, and then my most recent 2004 R1. "Britney" as she was affectionately called.

Anyway... long-story-short I lost my license for awhile, so I had to sell her. Right now, she's with my cousin Mario (pronounced Mary-Oh).

I won't bother embedding another obnoxiously big picture to this thread, but here's what she looks like, if you're interested:
BRITNEY (http://www.itsbarn.com/images/data/media/1/After_Jenny.jpg)

I'm thinking I'll either buy her back from Mario (pronounced Mary-Oh), when I get my lic. back, or I'll get me whatever the Ducati du jour is. Or both if I can. Needless to say I just kinda wanna get "legal" again. :lol:

That's where I was headed...I just couldn't see you still having a bike after seeing all those tickets on your lovely :slappers: bedspread.

Heh.

Link works now.

~Barn~
Fri Sep 1st, 2006, 09:11 AM
It had the extra http:// for a minute, but I corrected it. Should be working for ya. :dunno:

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Fri Sep 1st, 2006, 09:14 AM
It had the extra http:// for a minute, but I corrected it. Should be working for ya. :dunno:

Link works fine now. My buddy had the same bike. Damn nice ~Barn~. Hopefully you can get her back soon.

Good luck.

Bassil Duwaik
Fri Sep 1st, 2006, 11:15 AM
Barn I'm going to kill you lol. I can't believe my eyes with these tickets you got. After seeing all those tickets and your still riding you know for sure that I'm going to go though that lawyer you suggested. Moreover, I don't feel so bad after seeing all your tickets

Nick_Ninja
Fri Sep 1st, 2006, 11:28 AM
Barn I'm going to kill you lol. I can't believe my eyes with these tickets you got. After seeing all those tickets and your still riding you know for sure that I'm going to go though that lawyer you suggested. Moreover, I don't feel so bad after seeing all your tickets

He's not .................................................. ............. :cry:

~Barn~
Fri Sep 1st, 2006, 11:31 AM
Although I could get me a track pony and get my fix in there. It's a damn shame that SCR is no-more. It was like 10 minutes from my house. :lol:

Oh well... Soon!

R1chie
Fri Sep 1st, 2006, 01:07 PM
All I can say is wow, that is a lot of tickets. I guess it goes with the territory but I am making every effort for my bed spread NOT to have all those different colored pieces of paper on it (and no flowers too :) )

R1chie
Fri Sep 1st, 2006, 01:17 PM

He is not riding because he sold his bike and doesn't have a drivers license. You should feel bad, there are consequences and after getting a lot of tickets, you will pay a lot of money for a lawyer, you will pay through the nose for insurance for years as part of the lessons of not to get too many speeding tickets. Everyone gets them including myself but you will be paying through the nose to either fight it and/or over a long period of time when you start accumulating them.

I suggest slow down, buy a good radar detector, ride in groups, do not speed through residential/incity/small towns and reduce the chances of getting a ticket. Your wallet will thank you. :)

rforsythe
Fri Sep 1st, 2006, 01:46 PM

There's a name for yo-yo's on bikes that HAVE to drive 9/10ths on the street ------ TROOPER FODDER

:spit: :lol:

1. Spend some time riding with CSC before trying to be a badass. Plus getting everyone else noticed by the fuzz will not make you the most popular guy.
2. The point of a group ride is to ride as a group, not see how many people you can beat to the next stop
3. A few people in CSC are medically trained and know how to remove a helmet safely. But the majority are not. Unless you know for sure someone in that group can successfully perform CPR on your ass when you crater into a canyon wall, you may want to keep it in check just a bit. Ambulances take a while to get to the places we ride.
4. Me thinks you don't know Jeff too well... :lol: He can probably outride most of the CSC on the street. Going fast involves more than throttle. ;)

Player 2
Fri Sep 1st, 2006, 03:10 PM
1. Spend some time riding with CSC before trying to be a badass. Plus getting everyone else noticed by the fuzz will not make you the most popular guy.
2. The point of a group ride is to ride as a group, not see how many people you can beat to the next stop
3. A few people in CSC are medically trained and know how to remove a helmet safely. But the majority are not. Unless you know for sure someone in that group can successfully perform CPR on your ass when you crater into a canyon wall, you may want to keep it in check just a bit. Ambulances take a while to get to the places we ride.
4. Me thinks you don't know Jeff too well... :lol: He can probably outride most of the CSC on the street. Going fast involves more than throttle. ;)
:imwithstupid:

Bueller
Fri Sep 1st, 2006, 05:56 PM
:spit: :lol:

1. Spend some time riding with CSC before trying to be a badass. Plus getting everyone else noticed by the fuzz will not make you the most popular guy.................
Going fast involves more than throttle. ;)

There is a big group ride tomorrow at Pueblo, speeding is encouraged and without risk of LEO intervention. Many of the faster CSC riders will be there and you can show everyone your mad skillz.
:siesta:

~Barn~
Fri Sep 1st, 2006, 06:16 PM
"a big group ride at Pueblo."
:spit:

Nice.

Player 2
Fri Sep 1st, 2006, 06:33 PM
It's not a group ride? :|

~Barn~
Fri Sep 1st, 2006, 06:35 PM
I just like Bueller's way with words. :lol:

Player 2
Fri Sep 1st, 2006, 06:46 PM
;) :up:

Mel
Fri Sep 1st, 2006, 09:06 PM
I don't have mad skillz :-(
Ralph, i do like your post....

R1chie
Sat Sep 2nd, 2006, 08:43 AM
There is a big group ride tomorrow at Pueblo, speeding is encouraged and without risk of LEO intervention. Many of the faster CSC riders will be there and you can show everyone your mad skillz.
:siesta:

I would like mad skillz, does the MRA or CSC have classes that teach mad skillz or is this some type of anger management program. I guess I don't get it. :cry: