PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy?

NZ Darren
Thu Jan 2nd, 2003, 09:37 AM
Hi
I need to buy a bunch of gear: Helmet, jacket, boots, pants....
But so far all the shops I have been to only carry about 10 helmets a couple of jackets and if your luck 2 pairs of dirt boots!!
Where do people think the best place is to shop in Colorado Springs/Denver??
All the best deals appear to be online, but I need to try some stuff on.

Anonymous
Thu Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:04 AM
Try Performance Cycle (they have the most stuff I've seen and that's where I tried on most of the stuff I bought). They're not a dealer - they used to be a shop, but shut that down and now strictly do parts & acc. sales.

They're at 1990 S. Broadway, Denver, 1 block North of Evans (just a couple of blocks East of Santa Fe), and their number is 303-744-2011. Here's a Map (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&address=1990+s+broadway&city=denver&state=co&zipcode=&homesubmit.x=0&homesubmit.y=0)

Anonymous
Thu Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:05 AM
Sounds like you need the whole setup. Maybe milehigh can work something out with you. If not, I usually shop at Performance Cycle off Broadway/Asbury (one block north of Evans) since they seem to have most things locally; alternatively there are lots of other shops, and price can always be negotiated if you find a shop you like but they're a little high.

Also online places tend to be a bit cheaper, though that's not as much of a factor anymore as local shops are lowering their prices to be more competetive.

I'm moving this over to 'Dealers and Shops' since it's not asking about any specific piece of gear, but more just where to buy it... :) Oh, welcome to the board!

Anonymous
Thu Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:17 AM
One more thing about Performance Cycle - from my experience, if the gear is not on sale, it's usually MSRP.

But every once in a while, they got closeouts on old models/overstocks. I picked up a pair of Teknic Silverstone boots (same as their Supersport Lightening model, just an older version) for $90 (original sticker was $200) - it was their last pair, and they just happened to be my size. :D

UglyDogRacing
Thu Jan 2nd, 2003, 01:10 PM
Performance does have the best selection. If you do decide to try and save money and buy gear online, make sure you try it on at a local shop (like Performance) first.

hcr25
Thu Jan 2nd, 2003, 01:10 PM
Go to performance try on what ever it is you are looking for & then call Jim or Scott at T-fog wheelsports in Golden and order it from them.They are very competitive price wise as well as guys who you can trust.Performance for sure has the most product on the floor and it costs to have it there,that is why they pass the cost on to us!very few deals are to be had there! T-fogs number is 303-216-2400 or go to http://members.aol.com/tfogger/prof/
Mike Hard Core Racing #25

TFOGGuys
Thu Jan 2nd, 2003, 01:44 PM
Thanks Mike, but the new website is www.tfogracing.com. We have availability on virtually all major brands of parts, accessories, and apparell, all at very competitive pricing. New racers need to check out the specials on the racetire page at http://www.tfogracing.com/racetire.html

towneh
Thu Jan 2nd, 2003, 02:12 PM
welcome TFOG guys....

it was a pleasure to bring my bike in and have where i could actually see the work that was being done to it! although i've always been pleased with the work that has been done at other shops; it was always done 'behind closed doors'....

btw.... the H4 bulb seems to be doin' just fine! :D

i think you might like to give your explaination to the cost of tire sales and servicing that you shared with me!

thanx,
henry

NZ Darren
Thu Jan 2nd, 2003, 04:58 PM
Thanks guys
I'll go check out Performance

haywood jablome
Thu Jan 2nd, 2003, 09:21 PM
On line shops
www.mawonline.com

www.parts411.com

www.calsportbike.com (i think)

www.ronayers.com

www.newenough.com

if you want more let me know i hope this helps

motorep
Mon Jan 6th, 2003, 07:36 AM
deleted

haywood jablome
Mon Jan 6th, 2003, 08:33 AM
where is there new store? i only know about the on by Arvada

motorep
Mon Jan 6th, 2003, 09:22 AM
deleted

Anonymous
Mon Jan 6th, 2003, 10:06 AM
Try Discount Motorcycle Tire's new store, their walk-in prices are the same as their web prices.

Since when? I've been told (by them) that their Internet pricing is in fact cheaper than the walk-in pricing, by the time you pay for shipping it winds up being more though so you're still saving money, or something...

Anonymous
Mon Jan 6th, 2003, 10:17 AM
Try Discount Motorcycle Tire's new store, their walk-in prices are the same as their web prices.Since when? I've been told (by them) that their Internet pricing is in fact cheaper than the walk-in pricing, by the time you pay for shipping it winds up being more though so you're still saving money, or something...Ralph is right, their walk in prices are higher than their web prices, but not as much as it would cost with shipping.

haywood jablome
Mon Jan 6th, 2003, 11:20 AM
Still about the same drive time to there old one for me. Oh well is the new place bigger?

motorep
Mon Jan 6th, 2003, 12:09 PM
deleted

Hoopty
Mon Jan 6th, 2003, 12:26 PM
Motorep, what do you do for work? :D

motorep
Mon Jan 6th, 2003, 02:05 PM
deleted

Hoopty
Mon Jan 6th, 2003, 02:26 PM
I didn't. Does that mean you get good prices? :D :lol: Welcome aboard BTW! :up:

hcr25
Mon Jan 6th, 2003, 02:28 PM
If the shops buy from him,i would say HELL yes he gets good prices!
Mike Hard Core Racing #25

haywood jablome
Mon Jan 6th, 2003, 06:05 PM
I love you motorep. So can you get Consumer deals, for us? I am in the market for a new suit and a jacket for the Miss.

motorep
Tue Jan 7th, 2003, 06:12 AM
deleted

Hoopty
Tue Jan 7th, 2003, 07:18 AM
Then what good are you? :321: j/k buddy :lol:

BlueDevil
Mon Feb 17th, 2003, 03:25 PM
www.kneedraggers.com

www.parts411.com

WAY cheeper to buy online than a retail store.

Lee@copowersports
Thu Feb 20th, 2003, 10:08 AM
Hello all,
Yeah its tough to find everything you want in one store because its hard for shops to carry everything. There's some politics involved with distributors also. We'll match just about all web pricing though. Typically we do figure in shipping because the online suppliers do charge for it.