PDA

View Full Version : Ride in Aurora

Bassil Duwaik
Tue Aug 29th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Anyone want to go for a ride in Aurora? I got a few hours

rexmora
Tue Aug 29th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Where in aurora? I'm coming from us-36 and pecos...

Bassil Duwaik
Tue Aug 29th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Where in aurora? I'm coming from us-36 and pecos... how does 225 and alameda sound?

rexmora
Tue Aug 29th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Sorry about that got involved in something else :-X, if you wanna go riding later tonight let me know...

Bassil Duwaik
Wed Aug 30th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Sorry about that got involved in something else :-X, if you wanna go riding later tonight let me know...

You wanna go for a ride now?

barrett1015
Tue Feb 26th, 2008, 08:50 PM
i am in aurora off chambers and hampton let me know whats up

Sully
Wed Feb 27th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Tool :slap:

jt2589
Wed Feb 27th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Tool :slap: Did you go sunday?

pauliep
Wed Feb 27th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Bassil, I thought something happened to your bike last year?

jt2589
Wed Feb 27th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Bassil, I thought something happened to your bike last year?
It's an old thread. Did you get you radiator in?

Sully
Wed Feb 27th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Did you go sunday?

Hells yah ! :bananna:

pauliep
Wed Feb 27th, 2008, 09:39 AM
It's an old thread. Did you get you radiator in?

Radiator in and gauge cluster working. Waiting for an address change to go through and I'll be ordering the plastics. Just gotta put the new rear shock on and find a good deal on a chain & sprocket kit (anyone with suggestions?)

Sully
Wed Feb 27th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Did you move Pauliep? Glad you got your gauge cluster working... :up:

pauliep
Wed Feb 27th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Nope, still over at TByrd's. I heard you two are doing lunch or something next week?

jt2589
Wed Feb 27th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Hells yah ! :bananna:
I didn't make it in time to meet at 10:15. Next time I'm in.

pilot
Wed Feb 27th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Radiator in and gauge cluster working. Waiting for an address change to go through and I'll be ordering the plastics. Just gotta put the new rear shock on and find a good deal on a chain & sprocket kit (anyone with suggestions?)What was the issue with the gauge/electrics?

pauliep
Wed Feb 27th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Note: Not the bash Faster at all but this is how I felt about things.

Well I wasn't happy with the explaination given by the guy at faster (didn't catch his name). But he tried to tell me the the wires to the rear turn signals were melted together. Well I knew they were and thats why I disconnected them. He tried to tell me that they were still getting power or some shit. I asked for him to explain like three times and each time, I was like "how is that the problem when they aren't connected to anything and just hanging there by a zip tie?" My only guess was he wasn't the guy who worked on the bike. Whether or not the gauge cluster runs fine. I'm just hopeing it wasn't the new guy cause because I can expect fuses to be blowing soon again based on the explaination given of what was fixed.

pilot
Wed Feb 27th, 2008, 10:49 AM
If the short is still there, it will blow almost immediately. This is especially true when a momentary closed circuit to negative is created prior to a load device. This can also occur when a load device is fused closed and power is applied to that device. Basically, it is creating a direct high-amp path to ground without properly releasing energy in the form of heat (watts).

If you have ridden the bike in a few conditions (including wet, like after washing it [this is important]) and do not have the blown fuse(s), then the problem, whatever the explanation, should be corrected.

BTW, I did manage to put together the "poor-man's" short detector.

pauliep
Wed Feb 27th, 2008, 11:08 AM
got pics of the detector yet? hehe

pilot
Wed Feb 27th, 2008, 12:21 PM
got pics of the detector yet? heheNo, but I'll upload one. I coulda made it cheaply, but I spent some time soldering the connections to make it a bit more rugged.

pilot
Wed Feb 27th, 2008, 12:59 PM
got pics of the detector yet? hehe

Here it is with a 20 amp "test" relay. I have yet to find a 5 amp relay in my travels. Basically, one only needs to connect the two leads to the blades of the fuse holder that is shorting out and it will begin to "flash" electrical pulses through the wire. Using a standard, cheap camping compass one can follow the electromagnetic pulse generated in the wire. When it reaches the short, the compass needle will reduce swing. Cost thus far, about $4. In the store, $35-100:

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/2/5714473632.jpg