PDA

View Full Version : Costly Fuel Tank

motaboy
Fri Feb 20th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Dear Riders,
I am rebuilding my bike after a spill back in August and I just priced a new tank. Its gonna put me back $640. I need some ideas on how to avoid the major expense (besides searching in the scrap yards) or people that are really good with metal that could possibily repair the damn thing.

Thanks,
Motaboy

MattTLS
Fri Feb 20th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Check eBay -- I bought a spare tank for my bike for about $100 for a brand new tank. And let people know what exactly you're looking for -- others can keep their eyes out for you too. What kind of bike? Color scheme?

Matthew

KooLaid
Fri Feb 20th, 2004, 05:10 PM
depends on what it is. I could possibly get you a 99 up moden sportbike tank for less than $75.

MattTLS
Fri Feb 20th, 2004, 05:23 PM
depends on what it is. I could possibly get you a 99 up moden sportbike tank for less than $75.

What's your hookup to do this? And what else is available?

Matthew

KooLaid
Fri Feb 20th, 2004, 08:02 PM
There is one guy in the area who offers very reasonable pricing on newer stuff here. He hasn't even advertised yet. Merlin has the info, I sent it to him before. Plus having your family own a shop helps too. I "get around" and try to be social with everyone across the US, whether it be Ebay sellers or message boards. Hook each other up with what info we can.

brian38
Fri Feb 20th, 2004, 09:04 PM
What bike and year?

Brian

KooLaid
Fri Feb 20th, 2004, 10:22 PM
"The tanks for a '93 Kawi Ninja 6 color is ebony and green."

NineTwoFour
Sat Feb 21st, 2004, 10:01 AM
Anyone runs accross a good deal on an '03 R6 tank, let me know. :D

scot
Fri Feb 27th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Hey if you can get a cheap left side mirror, engine cover, and lower fairing cowl, and seat cowl that'd be great.

My bike fell of its sidestand about a month ago.. It just has some minor cracks on the bottom of the fairing, no rash..

It's a 2001 GSX-R600 Blue/White scheme

thunderseye
Fri Feb 27th, 2004, 08:35 PM
while we are at it cbr 954 tank red
and any spare screws and bolts i never seem to have as many as i take off when i go to put it back together well the plastics anyway. need a screw for the mirror and a few for the plastics