PDA

View Full Version : Clutch

GSXR-ATW
Sun Sep 3rd, 2006, 07:44 PM
Anybody have any recommendations for a replacement clutch?

BHeth
Sun Sep 3rd, 2006, 07:48 PM
If you're a drag racer or clutch-it-up man, consider EBC heavy duty. Otherwise I like factory clutches, but don't know how the Zuki's is.

GSXR-ATW
Sun Sep 3rd, 2006, 07:58 PM
No dragging or clutching it up, just some street riding and the track.

BHeth
Sun Sep 3rd, 2006, 08:33 PM
No dragging or clutching it up, just some street riding and the track.

If you were happy with the performance of the stock clutch, I'd put another one in.

GSXR-ATW
Sun Sep 3rd, 2006, 08:41 PM
I was happy with everything but the longevity. It only lasted 6,000 miles.

rybo
Sun Sep 3rd, 2006, 11:00 PM
I have a barnett in the ducati and it's working very well. Stock clutch went 6 K miles. the Barnett has 7K on it now and is going strong. Better feel than the stocker and less noisy too...

EBC in the racebike, but it's only a 400 so not a very fair comparison, but it seems to work very well.

Scott

GSXR-ATW
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 07:25 AM
I have a barnett in the ducati and it's working very well. Stock clutch went 6 K miles. the Barnett has 7K on it now and is going strong. Better feel than the stocker and less noisy too...

EBC in the racebike, but it's only a 400 so not a very fair comparison, but it seems to work very well.

Scott

Thanks for the input. Did you find a good place to buy one or did you go to the dealer?

BHeth
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 07:47 AM
I buy pretty much all my parts from www.bikebandit.com.

rybo
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 08:29 AM
I always check e-bay first....then I try to support the folks who support us. TK and Erico are my local favorites. Fay's is a forum supporter, so I've started doing some buying there. You get a 10% discount at Fay Myers for being a CSC member, so at least it's not full retail!

S