PDA

View Full Version : ummmm...just an fyi

mtnairlover
Sun Sep 3rd, 2006, 08:28 PM
For those of you I have ridden with this past summer, I wasn't on the "go fast" ride.

The worry-wart in me is hoping you all don't think I would be that crazy...I'm still such a noob and know my limits. Daemon's much smaller group left after all the other riders and it was a good ride, I just had a major brain malfunction, that's all.

And, for those of you who were on the "go fast" ride...well, I'll just reserve my judgment. Just glad no one was seriously injured. I can commiserate with the guy who's in the hospital with the bad knee. But, my knee went down at much slower speeds and into a ditch full of grass and soft dirt.

k...well, for my pals, again, if you wonder what the hell I was thinking...please PM me...so I can clear up any misconceptions.

Painzer
Sun Sep 3rd, 2006, 09:05 PM
Once again, if you want to refer to it as a "GO FAST" ride... that's fine. I told people from the beginning that it was going to be a gorup of seasoned riders, and that we ride at a good pace.

We don't just go out to GO FAST. We enjoy scenery, enojoy the ride, have learning experiences, and become better riders. SOmetimes you have to deal with mishaps like crashing.

mtnairlover
Sun Sep 3rd, 2006, 09:18 PM
Once again, if you want to refer to it as a "GO FAST" ride... that's fine. I told people from the beginning that it was going to be a gorup of seasoned riders, and that we ride at a good pace.

Um, yeah, in my world, it sounded like "go fast" to me. I'm a 42-year-old mom of 3 kids and just started riding last summer. If you've been riding your whole life, you can't relate, but if you're anything as close to noob as I am, then you can relate to where I'm coming from.

Again, I didn't ride with your group, so I won't say anything more about your ride. I am glad you guys enjoy the scenery as much as everyone else does. Just saddened to read that the speeds were so high.

A good friend of mine had suggested doing the track so I can feel better out on the road. The only triple digits I have ever seen was when I needed it in passing, and that's all I'll ever do triple digits (very low triple digits) for. I am very comfortable out on the road and riding with people such as Sully, Beotch, Princess, and many others has taught me a whole lot. I know my limits though, and refuse to push any more than what I can tolerate.

Well, hope that all makes sense.

BHeth
Sun Sep 3rd, 2006, 09:21 PM
You don't sound like a "noob" to me. Just smart enough to know the difference between the street and the track.

RF900guy
Sun Sep 3rd, 2006, 09:28 PM
I have a policy. It is not ride faster than I can bandage. I aplaud you on you opinion and your judgement. If you do not think you should ride with the group yet then don't go. There have been many post in the past regarding not riding above your ability and there have been many posts of things that have happened when people have.

Again, I congratulate you on your mature and responsible atitude toward riding.

RF900guy

Painzer
Sun Sep 3rd, 2006, 09:31 PM
I don't think you sound like a noob either.

However, what would you consider more dangerous; hitting triple digits when passing (you make THAT sound ok), or hitting triple digits on an open road?

THey are both the same crime, and they both run the same risk (maybe a little higher with passing)....

Also, I've seen my share of track days, I know how to ride. I know what stays on the track and what doesn't.

Some people don't ride the same way you do (or others for that matter) but there's no need to flame.

All the accidents happened at low speeds. I'm sure your accident was the same thing.

mtnairlover
Sun Sep 3rd, 2006, 09:35 PM
Again, I congratulate you on your mature and responsible atitude toward riding.

RF900guy

he, he...you said "mature":)...I certainly hope so...wouldn't have all these gray hairs if I wasn't at least a tad responsible...sometimes overly responsible, but we won't go there. Thanks for the comment.

mtnairlover
Sun Sep 3rd, 2006, 09:53 PM
Some people don't ride the same way you do (or others for that matter) but there's no need to flame.

Wow, I didn't think I was flaming at all. If that's the way this comes across, then I do whole-heartedly apologize. I am sorry. That was not my intention for posting this thread. I needed to be sure that there was a way that everyone I have ridden with in the past knows that I wasn't on your ride...that's all. I know they would have gotten concerned...that's all.

And, as I said...I'm a BIG OLE WORRY WART.

I won't touch the 100+ argument again.

King Nothing
Sun Sep 3rd, 2006, 10:27 PM
Sorry to hear this. :( Get her back together fast! If you have any questions, ask over at http://www.riderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38 There are plenty of people with plenty of experiance over there :up:

mtnairlover
Sun Sep 3rd, 2006, 10:46 PM
Sorry to hear this. :( Get her back together fast! If you have any questions, ask over at http://www.riderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38 There are plenty of people with plenty of experiance over there :up:

Thanks...will do.

rybo
Sun Sep 3rd, 2006, 11:02 PM
Mtnair,
I think you are up north. If you need a hand wrenching let me know. I'd be happy to help you get it put back together. I'm in Milliken.

Scott

mtnairlover
Sun Sep 3rd, 2006, 11:08 PM
Mtnair,
I think you are up north. If you need a hand wrenching let me know. I'd be happy to help you get it put back together. I'm in Milliken.

Scott

Woohoo...thanks Scott. I will let you know what I'm gonna do with it in a while.

daemon
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 07:36 AM
i'm just glad i'm not getting flamed for our incidents

mtnairlover
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 07:51 AM
i'm just glad i'm not getting flamed for our incidents

I can't think why you would be. I believe in taking responsibility for my own actions...it was my own stupidity that got me into that ditch.:banghead: It was enough for me to feel comfortable riding with you with your pre-ride talk.

Now, I'm just gonna be real jealous of all the Zed owners on here with their prestine, unscathed, beautifully mean-looking bikes:drool:

daemon
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 08:13 AM
yeah,i was going to say something to you about riderforums yesterday,just never got the chance.
they are a great group.just don't plan on any of them getting together for a ride with you.

mtnairlover
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 08:24 AM
just don't plan on any of them getting together for a ride with you.

Wow...don't know if I should take that as an insult, or a joke...but, whatever

pilot
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Sorry tohear about this. I was too hung over to ride. Get well soon.

daemon
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Wow...don't know if I should take that as an insult, or a joke...but, whatever
i have rarely been able to persuade any riders from that forum to join me for a ride.
it was not an insult!!!
they are a worldwide forum,but rarely do fellow zedders get together.
just an observation

Nick_Ninja
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 08:48 AM
I hope that you are OK

mtnairlover
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 09:17 AM
i have rarely been able to persuade any riders from that forum to join me for a ride.
it was not an insult!!!
they are a worldwide forum,but rarely do fellow zedders get together.
just an observation

Thanks...I'm just tired and touchy...guess it's time to stop beating myself up.:banghead: The Zed forum I'm on is the same as far as not riding with fellow Zedders. They hail from all over the world and although they do talk about getting together, it's a rarity. Although there are chances to meet up at possible annual events.

3/4gixxer
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 01:25 PM
yeah,i was going to say something to you about riderforums yesterday,just never got the chance.
they are a great group.just don't plan on any of them getting together for a ride with you.

No worries, SVRat and I (as well as the other FOGs) will ride with you any day. Just say the word. We're not NEARLY as exclusive.:bananna:

Bassil Duwaik
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Letter I sent to admin.

Admin

I'm wondering if you could remove the thread I had posted regarding the ride me and some twenty other riders had taken. I do not think I had properly articulated the true nature of the ride, which was to be safe and everyone have fun. Seems as though I depicted it as bone breaking, death defying, and stupidity. However, the overall picture was for everyone to have a good time and be responsible. We had a good ride, went to a good restaurant, saw some nice things, took some cool pictures, the weather was awesome, learned about other bikes and gear, got to put faces on many of the people here and everything in between. Ergo I think I depicted the whole thread poorly and would like to see it removed.

Zanos
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Letter I sent to admin.

Admin

I'm wondering if you could remove the thread I had posted regarding the ride me and some twenty other riders had taken. I do not think I had properly articulated the true nature of the ride, which was to be safe and everyone have fun. Seems as though I depicted it as bone breaking, death defying, and stupidity. However, the overall picture was for everyone to have a good time and be responsible. We had a good ride, went to a good restaurant, saw some nice things, took some cool pictures, the weather was awesome, learned about other bikes and gear, got to put faces on many of the people here and everything in between. Ergo I think I depicted the whole thread poorly and would like to see it removed.

He already said it was not going to be romoved. Kill it and move on to your "other forum".

Its a same I am a fairly new to the CSC and riding in general. I hate being placed in the same toilet bowl as some of these riders that have recently (so i read from older members) joined and turned this club into a squid festival.

Painzer
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Just a side note. We didn't "join" any club. We joined the forum to meet new riders. I am not part of any club.

Zanos
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 02:07 PM
To be grammatically correct, would you like me to say "forum" in the same reply?

--
Its a same I am a fairly new to the CSC forums and riding in general. I hate being placed in the same toilet bowl as some of these riders that have recently (so i read from older members) joined and turned this forum and group of riders into a squid festival.
--

And yes, that should be "shame"

Painzer
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 02:09 PM
it has nothing to do with grammar.

Zanos
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 02:13 PM
You are the one who said you joined a "forum" not a club. Just cause we dont ask for monthly meetings and club dues does not mean we are not a club. Anyhow, i made it correct just for you.

Painzer
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 02:14 PM
that has to do with word choice. Not grammar.

I appreciate the correction.

WHy don't you try riding with a few of us before you jump to conclusions based on what other people say?

Zanos
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Other people did not say it. YOU (and Bassil) said it. FYI.

Painzer
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 02:17 PM
You called us squids... which I find funny... do you know what a squid is?

Zanos
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 02:18 PM
170+ is squid-like if you ask me. No more for me. Have a good day.

Painzer
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 02:20 PM
you do the same.

TurboGizzmo
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Painzer are you the same guy that wrecked you R1 a couple months back?

Painzer
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Yes I am.

Slo
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Just to throw my $ .02 here. I have met Nick (Painzer) twice and IMO he isn't a squid. I can't believe how this has escalated. He is a good spirited rider but doesn't go wheeling, doesn't ride off in the sunset at mach 1 on straights (his bike won't even go that fast on straights).

Obviously we are not all perfect "law-abiding" citizens and what is crazy to one, may be boring to another. I rode in a slower group a couple weeks back and "Painzer" and "Liquid" never had issues stopping at certain points to make sure the group was still all together, at no time did they put any pressure on us either, to go at a faster pace than the "group" was comfortable with.

I think people learned a few things from this last ride... "Can't we all just get along???" Yes I meant that in a funny way.....

TurboGizzmo
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 02:42 PM
I am confused what all the drama is all about? There is like 3+ threads on all the different rides and wrecks this weekend....

denverbusa
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 02:53 PM
This is so much better than watching reruns of pre-season football.

But, I think I'll get out for a ride. See if I can get the Busa to do a 180 MPH wheelie on 6th Ave. Maybe head downtown and find some more like minded people to hang with and see if I can impress anyone standing next to my bike.:slappers:

Anyone who has been around this site for a while want to join me?

Hmmm.... No takers? Must be on the wrong site.

Seriously. When we ride, all are welcome with the group we have established. If they ride similar and enjoy themselves, they come back and our group grows. Others have come and had a different sense of sane. They were advised of how we ride (the pace) and they conform or find another group. Plain and simple.

Just be safe where ever you ride.

Bassil Duwaik
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 06:03 PM
This is so much better than watching reruns of pre-season football.

But, I think I'll get out for a ride. See if I can get the Busa to do a 180 MPH wheelie on 6th Ave. Maybe head downtown and find some more like minded people to hang with and see if I can impress anyone standing next to my bike.:slappers:

Anyone who has been around this site for a while want to join me?

Hmmm.... No takers? Must be on the wrong site.

Seriously. When we ride, all are welcome with the group we have established. If they ride similar and enjoy themselves, they come back and our group grows. Others have come and had a different sense of sane. They were advised of how we ride (the pace) and they conform or find another group. Plain and simple.

Just be safe where ever you ride.

I'll take you up on that offer. When you going to ride?

Feathered upstart!
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 06:28 PM
I thought you were leaving the forum/club pianzer...?

Bassil Duwaik
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 06:51 PM
I thought you were leaving the forum/club pianzer...?

your name says it all pederASS

Player 2
Mon Sep 4th, 2006, 10:09 PM
your name says it all pederASS
Tell him something he doesn't know :slappers:

Mel
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 10:02 AM
I am so confused here...what is this thread about?
Cathy: glad you are ok, and lemme know what other help you need getting that bike back together. If it is back together before it gets too cold, we'll take another trip up to Breckenridge :D

mtnairlover
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 11:21 AM
I am so confused here...what is this thread about?
Cathy: glad you are ok, and lemme know what other help you need getting that bike back together. If it is back together before it gets too cold, we'll take another trip up to Breckenridge :D

Oh, see, now you said the magic words...Breckenridge. Yea, I'm gonna do all I can to get my bike back up and running. And, hopefully before the Aspen leaves fall off.

Oh, and one more thing...Frank's the best...and so is everyone else who has offered help...like I keep saying...YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!:rock:

I have no idea what happened to this thread...but hey...whatever.