PDA

View Full Version : TFOG

chadincolo
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Had Jim order a rear tire for my wife's new (to her) FZ750. Came in Friday, drove in Saturday and had him mount it. GREAT price, place is kind of a mess since they are expanding into the next unit to get more space, but pretty quick service, answered a few questions for me on the bike, confirmed that the purchase price was good, and just chatted a little. Thanks, I will be back next time I need a tire or anything else he can help with.

By the way, she loves the bike, is definitely hooked on the sport bikes now.

Afikomen03
Sat Sep 9th, 2006, 12:24 AM
It's the only place I buy tires! Very nice folks, great service and awesome prices! Thanks TFOG!

dsantilli
Sun Oct 8th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Jim will help you to no end as he is a good guy and can get you pretty much anything ;-) I have used TFOG since 1998 and would not go anywhere else. :alien:

McVaaahhh
Tue Oct 17th, 2006, 12:32 PM
TFOG did it again.

Hooked me up with a great deal and great service that is.

Got a new set of M3's put on Saturday with late notice for $275 mounted and balanced. (I brought in the wheels, not the bike).

I've really enjoyed doing business with those guys, and will continue to do so. :up:

sprtbkbabe
Tue Oct 17th, 2006, 12:38 PM
TFOG did it again.

Hooked me up with a great deal and great service that is.

Got a new set of M3's put on Saturday with late notice for $275 mounted and balanced. (I brought in the wheels, not the bike).

I've really enjoyed doing business with those guys, and will continue to do so. :up:

Tell me how you like that M3. just had a rear tire put on and it does not like the cold, Locked brakes at a light the other cold morning and squirreled up a little... Weeeeeee!!!:bigeyes:

Ghost Rider
Tue Oct 17th, 2006, 01:26 PM
I have about 6700 miles on the bike(ZX-14). At 2800 I installed Metzler M-3's. Ran them all summer here in Colorado and loved them. Then on an evening on a cold road(had run about 7 or 8 miles ) the front let go on a mild left corner about 35mph. Over the next 2 wks it happened 4 more times all when the temps were low. One time I had run a twisty canyon(golden gate) at moderate speeds for about 5 miles and again slipped twice.
It had me spooked. The front tread was still 70% or more,but with the rear tire nearing replacement time (3500 or so on it) I opted to change both front and rear. I went with Michelin Pilot Powers CT2's. I put over 300 miles on them this weekend and in some pretty cold temps this past weekend. After scrubbing them in, I pushed it some what and did not feel anything but restored confidence. Time will tell.

Nat

rybo
Tue Oct 17th, 2006, 01:46 PM
I can highly recommend the Bridgestone BT-014. I haven't tried the newer Power CT2, but can say that the BT-014 and the Pilot Power street were so similar in performance that I couldn't tell them apart on the same bike at the same track.

They both warm up well and seem to channel water well. I've had no trouble with them in cold conditions

Jenny
Tue Oct 17th, 2006, 03:12 PM
The BT-012SS are also a GREAT Bridgestone tire - my favorite street rubber by far. :)

Jmetz
Tue Oct 17th, 2006, 03:18 PM
It's the only place I buy tires! Very nice folks, great service and awesome prices! Thanks TFOG!

Great name!