PDA

View Full Version : In defence of Painzer...

Badhabit
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 12:19 PM
This is in reference to the "Where do I start" thread that has been locked down. I'm the 3rd rider who went down and it had nothing to do with Painzer or the alledged 170 mph speeds which I did not witness. BTW Painzer (and other riders) were quickly by my side and pulling my bike off of me within seconds of my crash. Thanks guys!

My crash was in fact caused by a bad decision and poor judgement on my own part. I was in the process of passing some slower traffic behind other riders who had also pulled out to pass. It happened really fast and this is what I remember so don't flame me if I get it wrong. There was a green SUV coming the other way around a slight bend in the road, I didn't see it as from my perspective the SUV was lost in the green foliage of the trees, the rider or riders in front of me saw the SUV first and were able to slow down and merge back in between the vehicles we were passing. I was left with traffic on my right and a quickly approaching SUV in the lane I was occupying and in that split second I made the decision to head for the gravel pull-off that was on my left across the oncoming lane. I knew when I did that I was going to crash, but I knew I would be alive too. I probably could have rode the double yellow line straight between the oncoming vehicle and other traffic but if I was wrong I could have easily been killed. I definately was not going too fast for the road, or too fast for my abilities, but I was going too fast to keep it out of the ditch once I hit the gravel.

Anyway, my accident, my fault, and both the bike and myself are fine. I appreciate everyones help and I've learned yet another lesson. I don't make a habit of crashing, but even after 10 safe years of riding I made a serious mistake.

Painzer, thanks for planning this ride - none of the accidents had anything to do with your choices or actions.

If anyone has pictures, please post them up!

All the best to those other riders that went down, their bikes and bodies were more banged up than mine.

daemon
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 12:26 PM
cool by you on doing what you can to defend against accusations

BHeth
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 12:50 PM
This is hilarious. The problem wasn't your ride. The problem wasn't your leader. It wasn't the pre-ride talk. The problem was the guy who wanted to shoot his mouth off about the high speeds and getting "the opportunity to push the bike or myself as hard as I can". This was not long after he was out here shooting his mouth off about the 3 tickets he just got and then added: "No a wheelie is 4 points. Running from the cops is 12 points plus criminal which you can proabably have dropped to a lesser charge. Lucky me I've got a total of 22 points with these 3 tickets".

If you keep your mouth shut, and keep what happens on the road on the road, you don't end up in this situation. You don't have to defend your actions and the actions of others. If you gotta brag and be a big shot, expect to get shot down.

Badhabit
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 01:03 PM
I hadn't logged on to the message board since the ride this weekend and was extremely surprised and saddened to see what a fire-storm had been caused. As one of the parties involved I just want to take responsibility for my own actions, and I couldn't believe the all the blame that was being passed around.

I don't have anything bad to say about anyone on the ride, or really anything more to say on the subject. :dunno:

BHeth
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 01:12 PM
It's nothing on you, man. I'm glad you and your ride are OK.

Zanos
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 05:07 PM
This discussion is taking up another thread?

Its like the Energizer Bunny. (Keeps going, and going, and going.)

Canuck
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 05:40 PM
:lol: The 'Canyon Carving' forum, has never seen this much action. It should be rename as 'General forum (part deux)'

Bassil Duwaik
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 06:00 PM
:lol: The 'Canyon Carving' forum, has never seen this much action. It should be rename as 'General forum (part deux)'

yeah you can blame me for some of it lol

Bassil Duwaik
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 06:04 PM
This is hilarious. The problem wasn't your ride. The problem wasn't your leader. It wasn't the pre-ride talk. The problem was the guy who wanted to shoot his mouth off about the high speeds and getting "the opportunity to push the bike or myself as hard as I can". This was not long after he was out here shooting his mouth off about the 3 tickets he just got and then added: "No a wheelie is 4 points. Running from the cops is 12 points plus criminal which you can proabably have dropped to a lesser charge. Lucky me I've got a total of 22 points with these 3 tickets".

If you keep your mouth shut, and keep what happens on the road on the road, you don't end up in this situation. You don't have to defend your actions and the actions of others. If you gotta brag and be a big shot, expect to get shot down.

you don't have to say that twice. This was my first time posting something like that and rest assure it WILL be my last time

Bueller
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 06:09 PM

*Hits nail, square on head*

Painzer has taken all the comments personally. Most comments including mine were never directed at the group ride, riders or leader, they were in response to the original post(er), which of course later turns out to be bullshit anyway.
If people don't want to hear shit from others, then don't post crap on a public forum.

Painzer
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 07:50 PM
yup, I did take this personally...

What ever ------------------ I have been riding for over thirty years ----- probably longer than you have been a breathing being on this planet (notice that I don't use the operative term 'human being'). What ever. I was the guy at he coffee shop the previous Saturday when you shoed up on tour nasty RED duck------ there was a reason that the FOG bunch went he 'other way' that day. Your REALLY NEW RED leathers spoke VOLUMES of your experiense ---- or lack-there-of. Enough said ----- go to your 'other web site' and don't let he door slam you in the ass on the way out. SQUID :squid:

Bueller
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 08:18 PM
The responses aimed directly at you were brought on by you going on the defensive about something that was not even directed your way, and I guarantee that threatening to leave the forum will get you zero to no sympathy from this crowd, but they will hold the door for you.
In the last few years several riders here have been in crashes resulting in severe injuries and a couple of deaths so "awareness" is at a high right now, so if anyone comes in here *bragging* about a day of extreme speeding and a few crashes it is bound to raise an eyebrow or two.

As for anything directed your way, being called a *squid* is relatively mild compared to what your buddies on your board are saying about the "60 year old self centered assholes that should be on Goldwings" over here.

Nick_Ninja
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 09:38 PM
The responses aimed directly at you were brought on by you going on the defensive about something that was not even directed your way, and I guarantee that threatening to leave the forum will get you zero to no sympathy from this crowd, but they will hold the door for you.
In the last few years several riders here have been in crashes resulting in severe injuries and a couple of deaths so "awareness" is at a high right now, so if anyone comes in here *bragging* about a day of extreme speeding and a few crashes it is bound to raise an eyebrow or two.

As for anything directed your way, being called a *squid* is relatively mild compared to what your buddies on your board are saying about the "60 year old self centered assholes that should be on Goldwings" over here.

I'm sure that that descriptive term is directed to me as was the previous post that obviously tweaked Mr. Painzer. It is a complement to be associated to self centered assholes; I resemble that remark. For the record I'm not 60 and I'd pilot a Gold Wing in a minute. Those bikes can rock if you ride them. I'd also call the guy who caused the CFRSR to engage in emergency recovery procedures on Cameron Pass last spring (Painzer) a squid :squid: to his face. Wes and Ron had to both bolt down the mountain to get emergency assistance for this guy because he blasted up and over the pass directly into a ditch. It was beyond the call of duty for them to clean up the mess he left ----- but any of us would have done it ------ but to have to deal with that when they could have been cruising to The Boat ------ bummer is all I can say.

Now for this guy to be associated (I don't care if he did hold their hand and tell them the 'rules') with a ride that had 3 accidents in an hour ------- sorry buddy my standards are higher than that.

And just so you know that I have never been immune to exactly what you went through I have been on rides where other friends bailed off their bikes at speed and suffered everything from massive contusions (the guy rode 260 miles on the back of my bike over Willow Creek Pass to Walden and then down the Poudre to Boulder) to punctured lungs (Henry we're glad you are still with us). It ain't a good feeling and personally I do all I can to avoid that happening on rides that I attend.

And then the diatribe of 170mph B.S. and 'riding responsibly' just doesn't even warrant a response.

Oh --- and like Bueller, (yeah I lurk over on your other site), you might want to not post up your personal information in the EMERGENCY CONTACT thread -------- I wouldn't want that info out there for psychopaths to attain. Ride safe man ------ and don't wear your feelings on your sleeve.

pilot
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 09:45 PM
I just hope there's a beer left in my refrigerator...

pilot
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Oooooo! I just became a senior member... I hope that's not a comment on my hair, or lack of it.

Nick_Ninja
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 09:46 PM
I just hope there's a beer left in my refrigerator...

I'll buy you a six pack. Name it.

pilot
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Mmmm, I'll leave that up to you. Feel free to drop on by. We can bump these nutty threads while we drink.

Player 2
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 09:49 PM
I'll buy you a six pack. Name it.
Get him a sixxer of Arrogant Bastard :cheers:

http://www.stonebrew.com/newsletter/archives/030626/fyb.jpg

Nick_Ninja
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Won't happen during the week but Friday is a possibility.

3/4gixxer
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Kudo's N_N, never got a thanx for that. Never asked for it either but still..... There's a reason I ride with the old farts, they may be old (or read as responsible) but good and still quick.

pilot
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 09:54 PM
I kinda think I might deserve it (arrrogant B. that is). I need to keep my imagination in check. Appologies given.

Player 2
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 09:54 PM
There's a reason I ride with the old farts, they may be old (or read as responsible) but good and still quick.
I take offense to that :321: I'm not quite an FOG yet...

rybo
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 09:57 PM
This is in reference to the "Where do I start" thread that has been locked down.

OK, my opinion, there is a reason that threads get locked down, and it's usually not to boost the thread count by re-starting the thread elsewhere. Everything that needs to be said on this topic has been said. PLEASE STOP!

Thank you

S

Nick_Ninja
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Get him a sixxer of Arrogant Bastard :cheers:

http://www.stonebrew.com/newsletter/archives/030626/fyb.jpg

:drink: DOES IT COME IN BOMERS? :drink:

3/4gixxer
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 09:59 PM
I take offense to that :321: I'm not quite an FOG yet...

Good point, I'll still ride with ya!

Player 2
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 10:00 PM
:drink: DOES IT COME IN BOMERS? :drink:
Only way I've seen it in here in CO is in good 'ol 22oz bombers :up:

I wanna find it in Growlers

pilot
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 10:03 PM
http://www.boomerslounge.com/certificate.jpg

Painzer
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 10:14 PM
I'm sure that that descriptive term is directed to me as was the previous post that obviously tweaked Mr. Painzer. It is a complement to be associated to self centered assholes; I resemble that remark. For the record I'm not 60 and I'd pilot a Gold Wing in a minute. Those bikes can rock if you ride them. I'd also call the guy who caused the CFRSR to engage in emergency recovery procedures on Cameron Pass last spring (Painzer) a squid :squid: to his face. Wes and Ron had to both bolt down the mountain to get emergency assistance for this guy because he blasted up and over the pass directly into a ditch. It was beyond the call of duty for them to clean up the mess he left ----- but any of us would have done it ------ but to have to deal with that when they could have been cruising to The Boat ------ bummer is all I can say.

Now for this guy to be associated (I don't care if he did hold their hand and tell them the 'rules') with a ride that had 3 accidents in an hour ------- sorry buddy my standards are higher than that.

And just so you know that I have never been immune to exactly what you went through I have been on rides where other friends bailed off their bikes at speed and suffered everything from massive contusions (the guy rode 260 miles on the back of my bike over Willow Creek Pass to Walden and then down the Poudre to Boulder) to punctured lungs (Henry we're glad you are still with us). It ain't a good feeling and personally I do all I can to avoid that happening on rides that I attend.

And then the diatribe of 170mph B.S. and 'riding responsibly' just doesn't even warrant a response.

Oh --- and like Bueller, (yeah I lurk over on your other site), you might want to not post up your personal information in the EMERGENCY CONTACT thread -------- I wouldn't want that info out there for psychopaths to attain. Ride safe man ------ and don't wear your feelings on your sleeve.

I'm sure you would walk up to a downed rider and call him/her a squid to his/her face. You seem like an upstanding kind of guy like that.

And when CFRSR riders "bolted" down the mountain to get me assistance, and the guy on the Aprilia crahsed, did you call him a squid?

I know your type, all you have to do is look at me and you make a judgement. You assume that I'm probably barely legal, and that's all the information you need to form your opinion.
Well, you better start depending on us, old man. We're paying for your medicare when you break a hip.
Do yourself a favor and stick to your FOG rides. I'm sure us "kids" would just bother you anyway.

Player 2
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 10:17 PM
:lol: I love this place...

Nick_Ninja
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 10:18 PM
:twisted:

Feathered upstart!
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 10:23 PM
I'm sure you would walk up to a downed rider and call him/her a squid to his/her face. You seem like an upstanding kind of guy like that.

And when CFRSR riders "bolted" down the mountain to get me assistance, and the guy on the Aprilia crahsed, did you call him a squid?

I know your type, all you have to do is look at me and you make a judgement. You assume that I'm probably barely legal, and that's all the information you need to form your opinion.
Well, you better start depending on us, old man. We're paying for your medicare when you break a hip.
Do yourself a favor and stick to your FOG rides. I'm sure us "kids" would just bother you anyway.

And suddenly a new challenger for worlds biggest dumb ass emerges...

salsashark
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 10:48 PM
OOOO looky... a chihuahua lifeguard!

http://www.twentyfirstcenturyart.com/dakota/mt/images/P8260131.JPG_a_320.jpg

I was going to post a picture of someone beating a dead horse, but I just don't have the motivation...

please carry on

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Sep 6th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Great post Jeff (N_N). I'll ride with you, and Wes, and the few select others any day. Oh, and guess what? We did 200 miles the other day. No tickets, no "170", and no.......wait for it.......crashes either. Good thing I carry my can of "Squid Repellent" with me wherever I go!

dapper
Wed Sep 6th, 2006, 08:29 AM
:spit:
Hoot!
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i252/dapperr/smarterchild-50867.jpg

TurboGizzmo
Wed Sep 6th, 2006, 01:18 PM
OOOO looky... a chihuahua lifeguard!

http://www.twentyfirstcenturyart.com/dakota/mt/images/P8260131.JPG_a_320.jpg

I was going to post a picture of someone beating a dead horse, but I just don't have the motivation...

please carry on

:slappers: