PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN BIKE!!!!

RyGuy
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Today has not been a good day... I live in Arvada and found this morning that my 2003 Yellow Honda CBR 600RR has been stolen. It has a yellow Targa rear seat cowl, some paint inconsistancies on the fairings on both sides from the previous owner. Unfortunately I don't have a garage and it was sitting in the parking lot. If anyone can find out any info on this let me know ASAP. I'm in a bad spot right now. Thanks.

Archangel
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 04:46 PM
IS that your bike in your Avitar?

RyGuy
Wed Sep 6th, 2006, 01:10 AM
Na, thats Karl Muggerridge. To further elaborate- it has a Yoshi pipe, AM LED rear markers, and stock front markers.

Mel
Wed Sep 6th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Some pics, a VIN, and a plate number would be helpful as well.

RyGuy
Wed Sep 6th, 2006, 07:39 PM
http://myspace-621.vo.llnwd.net/00940/12/65/940005621_l.jpg
Here's a pic... it has temp tags on it that expired last month but the number (if it helps I doubt it because the theif would have to be a moron to ride on expired tags) is: 534820D... I'm curious as to how a VIN would help, but it can't hurt right? That is: JH2PC37033M002214

Mel
Wed Sep 6th, 2006, 08:06 PM
VIN is helpful because there are a million yellow hondas around. When my sisters Typhoon was stolen, I knew people who were checking the VIN's on the ones they saw in parking lots to see if it was hers.

CBRSue
Wed Sep 6th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Sorry to hear about your bike! :(
I met a guy who made a custom lock for his bike, and he loads it up in his truck every night and backs it up against a fence... I thought what a crazy ritual to go through after every ride. But I guess with good reason.
Again sorry to hear the news.
People suck.

Devaclis
Thu Sep 7th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Damn that is a sexay bike! I really hope you recover it soon.

RyGuy
Sun Sep 10th, 2006, 02:43 AM
UPDATE: The bike has been recovered (not to mention the deputy that was waiting for me and my buddy to pick it up was GORGEOUS- I've met a few female cops, but this one takes the cake!).... now for the bad news, it's all messed up! Here's the story and I need some help:
Okay, so around 3pm today I got a call from Arapahoe County Sheriff's Department telling me that they found my stolen bike. So I drove all the way from Arvada to Parker (About an hour and a half drive)with my friend and his pickup to get the bike. It was dumped in a creek out in the middle of nowhere... we got it up and I found that it was all sorts of messed up. The theif obviously dumped it pretty hard and decided it wasn't drivable anymore so he dumped it at that remote location. I'm soo furious right now, not only that some jerkoff would steal my baby, but then totally destroy (oh and paint it with rattle cans- the fairings and front piece were spray painted black) every piece of plastic possible. The handlebars are bent, the starter is punched, the gas cap is messed up, the left peg is gone, the fairings are trashed, the front clip is trashed, it leaks coolant, and the bottom plastics are trashed. It still turns on and the headlights are intact, but it's gonna be a long, expensive, painful process fixing it. What are my options? I heard I can try Victims Assistance (since it's highly unlikely that these guys will get caught I can't get restitution) and they can help me. I only have Liability Insurance so I don't know how much that can help me (but it was stolen and wrecked so I wanna know what I can do). Any help would be appreciated.

NZ Darren
Sun Sep 10th, 2006, 03:53 AM
Thats sucks! Will cost you big time to restore it all. sorry.

Bueller
Sun Sep 10th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Liability Ins. will do nothing for you.
Minimum payment gets you minimum coverage, that is only to cover damages you are liable for, you are on your own for damage to your bike.

Archangel
Mon Sep 11th, 2006, 09:38 AM
You could look into parting the good pieces out? Maybe get enough for a small down payment on a new bike. I'm not sure if you want to keep it, as it sounds like it was probably thrashed to hell and back.

~Barn~
Mon Sep 11th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Oh man... that sucks dude. I really feel bad about that, cause I've had to do the "liability only" thing before, too. I've had the luxury of a garage thankfully. That's gotta be sickening for you... Sorry bro.

I don't really know what to tell you. I think like somebody said, maybe sell the good parts and get yourself on the path to a new one. :dunno:

konichd
Mon Sep 11th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Well, at least you got it back, consider yourself lucky for that much.

Get in contact with me if your looking to get rid of it. I'm looking to find a track bike so maybe we could work something out if you want to go that route? :)

Sully
Mon Sep 11th, 2006, 12:00 PM
temp tags and only liability ?? damn...that sucks.. I hope you didn't spend too much on her...

DiddysR6
Tue Sep 12th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Where abouts in Arvada did this happen ? i live in arvada also, and park my bike outside

derekm
Sat Dec 30th, 2006, 12:48 AM
UPDATE: The bike has been recovered (not to mention the deputy that was waiting for me and my buddy to pick it up was GORGEOUS- I've met a few female cops, but this one takes the cake!).... now for the bad news, it's all messed up! Here's the story and I need some help:
Okay, so around 3pm today I got a call from Arapahoe County Sheriff's Department telling me that they found my stolen bike. So I drove all the way from Arvada to Parker (About an hour and a half drive)with my friend and his pickup to get the bike. It was dumped in a creek out in the middle of nowhere... we got it up and I found that it was all sorts of messed up. The theif obviously dumped it pretty hard and decided it wasn't drivable anymore so he dumped it at that remote location. I'm soo furious right now, not only that some jerkoff would steal my baby, but then totally destroy (oh and paint it with rattle cans- the fairings and front piece were spray painted black) every piece of plastic possible. The handlebars are bent, the starter is punched, the gas cap is messed up, the left peg is gone, the fairings are trashed, the front clip is trashed, it leaks coolant, and the bottom plastics are trashed. It still turns on and the headlights are intact, but it's gonna be a long, expensive, painful process fixing it. What are my options? I heard I can try Victims Assistance (since it's highly unlikely that these guys will get caught I can't get restitution) and they can help me. I only have Liability Insurance so I don't know how much that can help me (but it was stolen and wrecked so I wanna know what I can do). Any help would be appreciated.still ratty? wanna sell it?

(( LO LO ))
Thu Jan 11th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Unless you catch the guys who stole it, your not going to recover any money for your destroyed bike.

thaitanic
Sat Jan 13th, 2007, 05:40 PM
sup LOLO , how you been man?

(( LO LO ))
Wed Jan 17th, 2007, 06:43 PM
sup LOLO , how you been man?

What's going on, how ya been? :devil1:

thaitanic
Fri Jan 19th, 2007, 07:59 PM
im good LOLO, busy workin and schoolin. how you like kansas?

(( LO LO ))
Fri Jan 19th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Kansas blows.... no offense to anyone who is from there.... haha Glad I am back.

American303
Mon Jan 22nd, 2007, 08:33 PM
My first bike got stolen a few years ago, cops came to my house to tell me the idiot that stole it rean it into a guard rail. Although my bike was a mess. it felt good knowing he took a trip to the hospital!!

livinlife2themax
Mon Jan 22nd, 2007, 10:30 PM
i had a bike stolen and the day that i bought a new one the englewood police dept. called and said they found it...the crazy thing it had no damage done to it...but insurance had already paid me and they wanted top dollar for the bike.. Now i am not trying to criticise or anything ....sorry to hear you only had liability...but come on full coverage on a 600 is not that much more....i know when i had mine that the diff in full and liability was on like $20 a month. so instead of payin $45 a month i was payin $65..now $20 a month for a year is what $240...i cant get a hlaf a set of fairings for that. Plus if it got stolen it would be paid for...In the future if you need insurance and you dont mind bringing your primary car over and you dont have a lot of tickets....county companies is awesome...I pay $35 a month for full coverage on a 06 1000rr and i am only 22....everyone else was trying to charge me $150-300.