PDA

View Full Version : Bike Alarm Help please

TurboGizzmo
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 03:18 PM
So my bike came with a Bike Keeper alarm, but the old owner didnt even know it existed....so its not hooked (switch is toggled to off i believe) up because i believe it needs fob <sp?>

I know it works because I've messed around with the switch and got it to go off.

Problems are:

Bike alarms are rare so some local places i called have no idea what i am talking about.

No serial number on the "brain" to order a fob.

Places online want me to send it to them but 2 problem is bike doesnt work while its out and if it gets lost i am screwed.

Help?

konichd
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 03:54 PM
I would get that alarm taken off your bike. Alarms really don't do anything on a bike anyhow. By the time the alarm goes off whomever stealing it has it loaded in thier truck or has bypassed it anyhow.

Look into a LoJack system (start @500 bucks) that way if your bike is stolen it can be recovered. Or find a more mainstream alarm for your bike that a dealer has locally.

TurboGizzmo
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 04:08 PM
I would get that alarm taken off your bike. Alarms really don't do anything on a bike anyhow. By the time the alarm goes off whomever stealing it has it loaded in thier truck or has bypassed it anyhow.

Look into a LoJack system (start @500 bucks) that way if your bike is stolen it can be recovered. Or find a more mainstream alarm for your bike that a dealer has locally.

Eh, well its currently not doing anything but adding "value" the bike. Since its all nicely installed i wouldnt mind just having it working. (The LED's in the wind screen look cool when working haha)

The bike is older and my first bike so i cant see doing LoJack on it...

Bat
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 06:32 PM
The bike is older and my first bike so i cant see doing LoJack on it...

Yeah, cuz who the hell would steal that...it can't even do 170 mph!!!

Bwahaha, I crack myself up (sez Bat, the owner of a bike that would only do triple digits if being towed).

Lol, you know I luvs ya, Gizzmo!