PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone ride during the week?

Sumo
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Hi Everyone -

Another newbi here and I wanted to know if there are any individuals or groups that go ride during the week? I just got my bike a few months ago but not new to riding & was hoping to meet some seasoned riders who'd be willing to share their experience & welcome someone new to the sport.

If not, I look forward to at least joing you all this coming Sunday. Thanks for allowing me to participate in this group & I look forward to meeting everyone.:)

Bassil Duwaik
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 06:01 PM
I'll be more then happy to let you know what I know. I've been riding even before I learned how to drive. Just let me know when's a good time for you and we'll see what can be done.

Slo
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 06:06 PM
I have a friend that lives off of 6 highway and Union....if your in that area, let me know, I'll get you his number so you can meet up during the week.

Sumo
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Thank you so much for the response. I live in HR, ride an R6 and have the next couple of weeks off to learn what to do & what NOT to do on my bike. So anytime during the day would be great. If anyone's available tomorrow afternoon, Thursday or Friday morning I'm open. :)

Thanks again - Slo1299 & Bassil Duwaik, I look forward to meeting you both.

Slo
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 06:36 PM
pm sent with friends contact info.

3/4gixxer
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 09:03 PM
If you make it up north, let me know. I could be persuaded to change my work schedule.

Bassil Duwaik
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 09:13 PM
I'm in aurora and am going for a ride sometime Thursday morning to get a tire put on my bike. If you want I can meet you in highlands ranch and we can ride out to get my tire put on. He's also a good with what all the little ins and outs of doing various things to bikes will do. i.e. tighter suspension, steering dampers, sprockets. Just pm me your number and I'll let you know the details. We won’t be at his shop long, so we’ll get some riding in.

Bueller
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 09:21 PM
I could probably take a ride up the "Creek Canyons" with you one of these afternoons, it wouldn't be 'till 4:30 or so.
Only catch is you'd have to be seen with a SuperMoto. :lol:

Sumo
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Sounds great Bueller - any Thursday afternoon would be terrific. Just let me know if you want to this Thursday afternoon?

Bassil Duwaik, sounds like you're heading out for a brief "twist" on Thursday morning? Like some company?

3/4gixxer
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 09:48 PM
What's up, did you retire the Buell???
I could probably take a ride up the "Creek Canyons" with you one of these afternoons, it wouldn't be 'till 4:30 or so.
Only catch is you'd have to be seen with a SuperMoto. :lol:

Player 2
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 09:56 PM
The Buell was kicking my butt at Pueblo on Saturday :lol:

Super-zHero
Tue Sep 5th, 2006, 10:22 PM
always off on Wed. and thurs. and can ride after 3:30 on the other weedays. just let me know. Is there a ride starting to develop here for thurs.?? if so Im in!!

Zanos
Wed Sep 6th, 2006, 02:16 AM
Wed and thurs are days off from work. So i take longer rides on those days.

Bueller
Wed Sep 6th, 2006, 05:14 AM

It is still around, just not on the street.
And Princess that straight away is certainly built for the R1 :headbang:
http://home.comcast.net/~mra999/pmi1.jpg

3/4gixxer
Wed Sep 6th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Which day is looking the best, Thursday or Friday AM?

Bassil Duwaik
Wed Sep 6th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Sounds great Bueller - any Thursday afternoon would be terrific. Just let me know if you want to this Thursday afternoon?

Bassil Duwaik, sounds like you're heading out for a brief "twist" on Thursday morning? Like some company?

I'll put a post letting you know what time. I'm still waiting on the guy to get me my tire. As soon as he gets it you're more then welcome to tag along!! Thanks

Sumo
Wed Sep 6th, 2006, 07:30 PM
I can go either day - seems like there's an interest in going out Thursday. NOSKILLS and I were planning to go out tomorrow morning. Anyone wanting to go along is MORE than welcome. I suppose we can plan a departure time & local if more peps join in?

noskills
Wed Sep 6th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Yup I'm in for Thursday morning. I have to work at 2:30 but that leaves 2/3 of the day to ride and quit just B4 it starts raining!
Super-zHero? I know your up in Idaho Springs but that's not too far from Morrison. We could group up there like last time.
Zanos? R U in?

Mel
Wed Sep 6th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Damn, you people suck! I could ride from like 9am to 11am a couple mornings a week, but after that I have to pick up my lil one from school.

noskills
Thu Sep 7th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Leave them at school. Isn't school still a safe place to be:)

3/4gixxer
Thu Sep 7th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Couldn't make it today but with enough warning.....and a mtg time/place, I'll be in for tomorrow. I've still got to go to work afterwards too if you wanna come for a short one Beotch.

dgoldan
Thu Sep 7th, 2006, 01:40 PM
And I work a rotating schedule that gives me at least two weekdays off every week. Shorter rides (2-4 hours) are better for me so I have time to do other things as well.

If you make it up north, let me know. I could be persuaded to change my work schedule.

3/4gixxer
Thu Sep 7th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Sorry for flaking today folks but it looks like no one is in for tomorrow. Looks like I'll be heading to work in the AM.

dgoldan
Sat Sep 9th, 2006, 06:50 PM
How about next Friday? I have PT for my shoulder from 7:30-8:30, but could make it out for a ride by 9:00 or so.

Sorry for flaking today folks but it looks like no one is in for tomorrow. Looks like I'll be heading to work in the AM.

3/4gixxer
Sun Sep 10th, 2006, 03:35 PM
I could do that! I'll keep a watch for details.

Sumo
Sun Sep 10th, 2006, 03:48 PM
9:30 Friday sounds great! Count me in. Would also like to try & organize something a little sooner in the week too - if anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.

BTW - nice ride today!!:)

3/4gixxer
Sun Sep 10th, 2006, 03:55 PM
9:30 Friday sounds great! Count me in. Would also like to try & organize something a little sooner in the week too - if anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.

BTW - nice ride today!!:)

Looking like I'm in tomorrow (9/11)

noskills
Sun Sep 10th, 2006, 09:33 PM
I'm in tomorrow and Friday. Looks like we will have mild weather both days. Should be a good day!

3/4gixxer
Mon Sep 11th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Sorry Guys, Foggy & Rain in Longmont, I'm blowing it off today (don't want to melt...hehe)

dgoldan
Mon Sep 11th, 2006, 06:57 AM
I'm good for Thursday or Friday now. I'll keep an eye on the weather.

Sumo
Wed Sep 13th, 2006, 06:24 PM
A few of us will be heading out tomorrow morning around 9:00am. Thinking about doing Mt Evens/ Squaw Pass, etc., - 3/4gixxer. dgoldan, Toby & anyone else who's interested, PM me and will organize a point of origin.

Mel
Wed Sep 13th, 2006, 06:56 PM
I have a hall pass from work tomorrow (9/14/06)....can I come play too? I work till midnight tonight, so we should meet somewhere towards the south end of town so I don't have to drag my ass outta bed at the crack of dawn and battle rush hour traffic :D
PM me or hit up my cell phone if it is acceptible for a girl to come play.

eklew
Wed Sep 13th, 2006, 07:01 PM
PM sent.

Super-zHero
Wed Sep 13th, 2006, 08:48 PM
pm sent

Sumo
Wed Sep 13th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Hey, looks like we might be getting a good crowd - if anyone else would like to join us we plan on meeting at the usual local (Conoco gas station in Morrison).

Meeting at 9:00am leaving at 9:30 sharp. Would love to have more peps so come along if you can - some of us do have to work in the afternoon so it won't be too long of a ride, about 100-150 mi. Will be deciding on destination when we meet.

For those of you we don't see tomorrow we'll most certainly see you on Sunday.:)

N-

Mel
Wed Sep 13th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Sumo, you live down in Highlands Ranch? What area?

Sumo
Wed Sep 13th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Down off of Dad Clark between Broadway & University.

N-

Mel
Wed Sep 13th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Hey, you are right over near a couple other CSC people!
I am over in Westridge.

Sumo
Wed Sep 13th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Since were all that close we should get together & ride more often

N-

Mel
Wed Sep 13th, 2006, 09:45 PM
For sure! You'll probably see me out and about here and there...keep you eyes open for Devaclis, he is right over there too (and rides like everyday)

never_enough
Wed Sep 13th, 2006, 09:55 PM
I ride on my days off Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays. However I am a newbie as well. Going w a friend to check out Look Out Mountain Road tomorrow Fri Sept 14th about 10 am. He is driving his new Car Mazda Speed 6. He used to be a professional instructor in the UK. Gave it up because of the family, until I made him test drive my first street bike last month. Now he has permission, but has to wait until next summer.

In any event, i look forward to his instruction and observations. Drop me a line if your ever interested in a newbie chill ride.

Also looking for a group ride to scope the Aspens change Sept 20th to 23rd

never_enough

Sumo
Wed Sep 13th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Sounds good - maybe will see you tomorrow and/or Sunday & we can plan another ride. Just the HR crowd:lol:

Mel
Wed Sep 13th, 2006, 10:24 PM
I ride on my days off Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays. However I am a newbie as well. Going w a friend to check out Look Out Mountain Road tomorrow Fri Sept 14th about 10 am. He is driving his new Car Mazda Speed 6. He used to be a professional instructor in the UK. Gave it up because of the family, until I made him test drive my first street bike last month. Now he has permission, but has to wait until next summer.

In any event, i look forward to his instruction and observations. Drop me a line if your ever interested in a newbie chill ride.

Also looking for a group ride to scope the Aspens change Sept 20th to 23rd

never_enough
If you are at least semi confident on the roads (don't freak out at 65 MPH) feel free to show up. I have no problems letting a new rider tag along with me, and who knows, even though I am just a silly girl, you might just learn something.
I recently taught my husband to ride, and successfully took him over Kenosha pass, Hoosier pass, and Loveland pass last weekend without killing him (he has had his liscense maybe 2 months)...and if I didn't kill him, you have nothing what so ever to worry about by riding with me. :lol:

And we better watch out on the HR rides...I mean, we wouldn't wanna become snobs like the NC crew :D

PharmerKyle
Thu Sep 14th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Riding today, mostly dirt. Meeting 2 in Cripple Creek at 10am.

3/4gixxer
Thu Sep 14th, 2006, 09:15 AM
And we better watch out on the HR rides...I mean, we wouldn't wanna become snobs like the NC crew :D

er............hehe:drink:

3/4gixxer
Thu Sep 14th, 2006, 09:17 AM
A few of us will be heading out tomorrow morning around 9:00am. Thinking about doing Mt Evens/ Squaw Pass, etc., - 3/4gixxer. dgoldan, Toby & anyone else who's interested, PM me and will organize a point of origin.

I'm coming from the north so let me know mtg time and place (Dan, PM me if you want to meet up on the way down).

What's up Beotch, always riding the day before me???? Take an extrad day off and start the weekend right!:yes:

pilot
Thu Sep 14th, 2006, 12:34 PM
So, how was the ride? I had to be "lawn boy" and get it done B4 the the trash man showed up.

Mel
Thu Sep 14th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Ride was good...I cut it a lil shorter than some of the other people in order to set up VOIP and a network at my moms house. Enjoyed the lil bit of the day to play though...and I am still planning to hit up Caldonias tonight.

eklew
Thu Sep 14th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Ride was fun, nice to meet new people!

Sumo
Thu Sep 14th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Thanks to everyone who was able to make it - it was great to ride with all the old and new faces.

We'll probably plan another trip next Thursday - this time it should be a little longer for those of us who had to split early for work. :banghead: Anyway, keep an eye on the thread for new ride dates, times & local.

Peace

N-

noskills
Thu Sep 14th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Thanks everyone, good ride!

Remember IMI Monday!

3/4gixxer
Fri Sep 15th, 2006, 07:44 AM
Didn't see a time or place for today so I'm going with Dan from the NC area. Anyone else coming up to join?

Sumo
Fri Sep 15th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Hey, sorry we missed you 3/4gixxer. Looks like most of us went out yesterday instead of today. How was the ride though?

We could plan another ride next week sametime if you & others are available & interested?

Also, several of us are planning a trip up to IMI on Monday. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you more details.

Hope to see you Sunday!

N-

eklew
Fri Sep 15th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Hey Sumo, what time are you and Donovan heading out to IMI on Monday?

Elden

3/4gixxer
Sat Sep 16th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Hey, sorry we missed you 3/4gixxer. Looks like most of us went out yesterday instead of today. How was the ride though?

We could plan another ride next week sametime if you & others are available & interested?

Also, several of us are planning a trip up to IMI on Monday. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you more details.

Hope to see you Sunday!

N-
I'll try for next week as well (Thursday worked better for you guys?). I'm already in for Monday so I will see you all at IMI (SheDevil might kill me if I back out again).

SheDevil
Sat Sep 16th, 2006, 09:10 AM
I'll try for next week as well (Thursday worked better for you guys?). I'm already in for Monday so I will see you all at IMI (SheDevil might kill me if I back out again).

You got that right!! Are you bringing Mrs 3/4gixxer?

3/4gixxer
Sat Sep 16th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Trying to talk her into heading out at lunch but not sure if she can break away. Probably better for my wallet if she doesn't though....:cry:

SheDevil
Sat Sep 16th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Trying to talk her into heading out at lunch but not sure if she can break away. Probably better for my wallet if she doesn't though....:cry:

Now if we just talk her into a bike then at least there will only be 3 or 4 zeroes in the price. If she chooses a Carrera then we are talking 5 zeroes :shocked: - and that's gotta hurt the wallet.

Sumo
Sat Sep 16th, 2006, 08:31 PM
IMI opens at 10:00am, a few peps will be there when they open but I cannot get there until around 11:30am. Most of us are planning to spend a good part of the day.

So, if you can join us would be great! But please - no carrrera's, some of us would like to get around the track at least once. :)

See you there

N-

3/4gixxer
Sun Sep 17th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Last weeks, was good, I registered 130 miles on Friday morning. Anyone next week? Can't on Monday as it's IMI day, any other days???!!!??? Sully, you up for one?

Sumo
Mon Sep 18th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Might be heading out tomorrow mid-morning with NoSkills, any other peps interested?

N-

Rampart
Mon Sep 18th, 2006, 07:32 PM
It looks like a few of us live/work in Douglas County/Highlands Ranch. I own a business so I can ride during the week. I ride from home (foothills west of Sedalia) to my office (Highlands Ranch) almost daily and break away for a ride and lunch or after work a few times per week. Anyone interested? Usually Deer Creek Canyon to Turkey Creek to 285, etc. I always like company. I ride a bit quick, but can slow down or speed up.
Let me know.
Rampart
Black ZX14, Red Duc 999, BMW HP2, others

never_enough
Mon Sep 18th, 2006, 07:46 PM
I am up for any rides this Weds, Thurs and Friday. I wanted to get a group to check out the Aspens before they all fall. Anyone up for that?

never_enough

Sumo
Mon Sep 18th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Sounds good - how about tomorrow canyon ride for lunch?

N-

Rampart
Mon Sep 18th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Can't do tomorrow. How about Thursday? I can do an early lunch so I can be back at my office for a 2pm client or leave Thurs morning to ride for a view of the aspens and ride back (I can leave for my 2pm client and you guys can stay if you wish). We can meet if you wish in my office parking lot (1 block off of C470 on Lucent) or anywhere you want. Maybe ride to Fairplay or Breckenridge for lunch via 285. For a shorter trip just for lunch we can ride thru Morrison to Evergreen.
Let me know,
Rampart
Black ZX14, Red Duc 999

Sumo
Mon Sep 18th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Can't on Thursday, heading out of town to see my kids. If not tomorrow Let me know if you're able to get away maybe Wednesday? We can still hit a short gig to Evergreen if the longer trip is not practicle??

N-

Rampart
Mon Sep 18th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Early lunch Wednesday will work. Need to be back about 1pm. My morning is totally free. Also for an aspen photo trip my Monday (25th) is clear.
Rampart

Rampart
Tue Sep 19th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Just found out tomorrow, Wednesday, is out for me. Have fun. Monday the 25th still looks good.
Let me know,
Rampart
ZX14, Duc 999

prickle
Tue Sep 19th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Any of you mind having another tag along?

Sumo
Wed Sep 27th, 2006, 04:10 PM
It's been a week since I've been in the saddle & considering going out Friday for a few hours, might be a few others joining - anyone else interested let me know?:)

N-

suzinpink
Sat Oct 7th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Hey! I ride during the week!
I go in the afternoons mostly- and Wednesdays, Thursadys and Fridays all day as long as the weather holds. I live in Parker... not too far from HR... pass it on the way to the twisties!
let me know!
T

suzinpink
Sat Oct 7th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Friday, if the weather is alright, I'm in!