PDA

View Full Version : -PLEASE help save a Life-

Ripper
Mon Feb 23rd, 2004, 09:23 AM
So A friend of a friend is in need of our help, she is waiting for a kidney transplant, and will die without it. a local company has agreed to donate one dollar for each pop can tab collected, I know between all the beer drinkers and all the soda we all drink that we can make a difference for her.

Everyone please start saving these tabs, they are small and this is easy, but it means the difference between life and death....
I will collect all of the tabs at BB in a couple weeks

This is a very easy way for us all to help, PLEASE HELP

Thank you!!! :)

Ripper
Mon Feb 23rd, 2004, 10:58 AM
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/templates/subSilver/images/folder_sticky.gifSticky please

Jenny
Tue Feb 24th, 2004, 09:13 AM
I already started saving 'em and also sent an email to my office to bring theirs to my desk. :up:

Ripper
Tue Feb 24th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Thank You Jenny!!! :)

After we have a bunch collected, we can turn them in all at once as a CSC donation. As long as you guys are helping, I figured the club should get the credit, and who knows maybe we canl change the image of sportbikers in some minds...

PLEASE everyone, there is no reason not to collect these...Let's drop a CSC bomb on these people and blow there minds, let's show them what big hearts we have!!!

PLEASE POST AT LEAST A ;) IF YOU'RE HELPING!!!

Jmetz
Tue Feb 24th, 2004, 10:18 AM
I got ya back brudda :D

Nick_Ninja
Tue Feb 24th, 2004, 10:41 AM
;)

CBRChick
Tue Feb 24th, 2004, 11:02 AM
I'm helpin ya out, bro! I'm saving them as well as the people in the office I work in! With all the soda I drink, I might as well help someone out! :up:

Do you know what company it is?

FZRguy
Tue Feb 24th, 2004, 11:20 AM
:up:

yoda
Tue Feb 24th, 2004, 11:37 AM
I EMAILED EVERY ONE IN MY COMPANY TO SAVE THE TABS AND I ALSO ASKED MY PARENTS TO HELP SAVE TABS :) :) :)

~Barn~
Tue Feb 24th, 2004, 11:50 AM
I'll do what I can Greg. If I can't come up with anything substancial, I'll make a donation of some amount.

Sweet Thang
Tue Feb 24th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Who is the local company making the $1 donations?

I don't drink much from cans, but will collect from anyone else I know.

CSUAdam
Tue Feb 24th, 2004, 02:22 PM
You can do this year round also. Each one of those tabs is worth an hour of kidney dialesis (sp?) for a child. My great-aunt has been collecting them for years. So far she has donated 9 gallons of tabs, yes 9 gallons.

Anonymous
Tue Feb 24th, 2004, 03:26 PM
I put all my empty soda & beer cans into a garbage bag & recycle them at King Soopers (for a few cents on the lb.). I've got 1 full bag sitting in my garage, and another one starting to fill - I'll get the tabs off of them & start saving new ones for ya. 8)

friscokidd
Tue Feb 24th, 2004, 04:25 PM
im telling every one at my work to save the tabs an i will bring some home every nite until you need to collect them :D

Anonymous
Tue Feb 24th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Do they only take tabs, or do plastic bottle caps work too? I don't drink much pop, and what I do isn't from a can. And I sure as hell don't drink beer out of one...

HI-PSI
Tue Feb 24th, 2004, 07:35 PM
O.K people....This is not a scam. I am the freind of a friend that Greg was talking about that is helping this "little girl" with her misfortune. Her name is Danielle and she is 12 years old, her family has no insurance and as we all know dialosis is very expensive and hard to manage let alone the emotinal stress they must be experiencing. There is a center that is collecting the pop tabs, from any soda pop can or "beer" can this is an easy way to help someone in need, and for every pop tab that is collected goes tward the dialosis for this precious young girl and other children in need. PLEASE if you can help im sure it would be invaluable to this family and many others. The central drop off facility for the tabs is Wheat Ridge Internal Medicine Center @ 7821 W.38th Ave. Wheat Ridge Co, 80033 PH#303-422-2343 EX 103 ask for Amber or give your pop tab donations to Ripper and they will go where they need to go. This very simple task will have a huge impact on several lives and maybe someday we will need help as well and will hopefully get the same help in the same way. Thanks a million and im sure the familly of those in need thanks you as well.

Ripper
Tue Feb 24th, 2004, 10:05 PM
Sorry Ralph, No...

Thanx you everyone!!!! :)

HI-PSI
Tue Feb 24th, 2004, 10:17 PM
I just want to thank everyone who contributes to this "very well worth it cause"

Anonymous
Tue Feb 24th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Well, shoot... I'll help you if I can guys, but the soda here at work is in bottle form as well so I dunno how many coworkers would have tabs. But I'll ask around.

Ripper
Sun Feb 29th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Thanx Mike (HI-PSI), I didn't know all the details exactally. I just want to HELP. I will collect what everyone has collected this wed, 3/3 @ Breck's
:)

Anonymous
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 10:17 AM
My son went through the cans this weekend - we already have over 200. 8)

FZRguy
Thu Mar 4th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Hey Ripper, I'll bring my tabs on Sat night!

Ripper
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Thanks again to everybody that's helped, Please keep saving, I'l collect again in a couple weeks ;)

Brizz
Sun Mar 28th, 2004, 09:06 PM
;) Im going through my cans as i type this. Wouldnt the whole can bring more money to help? If it does Please let me know. Ill do what i can to help.

GixxStunna
Mon Mar 29th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Sorry to hear Ripper. I work in a prison and im gonna make all my little bitches save their tabs. I don't get down to BB much so send me a PM when you need em bro.

Ripper
Mon Mar 29th, 2004, 12:45 PM
AWESOME!!! Thanx guys 8)

GixxStunna
Tue Mar 30th, 2004, 09:48 AM
Holey shit man I don't know what I started Ripper. I have the entire facility saving tabs now which is well over 150 a day. Plus a Minister put a sign and box at his church, My Mom and Step Mom and wife at their schools where they teach, family members and friends. Dude I hope you have a truck or a really shitty car to haul all these. Just let me know when you need em by.

Jenny
Tue Mar 30th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Last time I talked with him, he said we were just going to keep doing it indefinitely. I've got gobs of em, myself.

Ripper
Tue Mar 30th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Thank you so much GSXRKing... That ROCKS :rock:

Let's shoot for the mid April, unless you need me to pick them up earlier, which is no porblem, your helping me.. So you let me know whatever works best for you :)

CAMit...
Wed Mar 31st, 2004, 02:31 AM
My wife and I have been saving these for my daughters pre-school that has a general collection for these going. I have spoken to my daughter and she agreed that we would rather have them go to help someone we have a semi connection with than just put them in a general collection box that we dont really know what will happen to them.

We have a small butter tub that we are putting them in (not near as many as GSXRKing, that's great man) and will make sure they get to you when needed.

Send our best,
Aaron

GixxStunna
Wed Mar 31st, 2004, 10:30 AM
No Prob Greg I love kids and if my son ever needed help I would like knowing that people out there care. I will shoot for around April 20th or so but I will let you know via PM.
Peace

Ripper
Thu Apr 22nd, 2004, 05:17 PM
Thinking it's about time to collect everyones tabs again, either at Jillians this Saturday http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5307or at the CSC BBQ on sunday!!! http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5556

Thanx to everyone :)

Ripper
Sat Apr 24th, 2004, 02:12 PM
Sorry I won't be at Jillians today 4/24, please bring um to the BBQ on 4/25

CAMit...
Wed Apr 28th, 2004, 12:39 AM
I couldn't make the BBQ. Is it too late to get the ones we have too you?

I'm out in Aurora, around tower & Illif.

Ripper
Wed Apr 28th, 2004, 07:46 AM
It's never to late, we are collecting these for other children also, so there is no cut off...let me know where I can meet ya ;)

CAMit...
Thu Apr 29th, 2004, 01:38 AM
It's never to late, we are collecting these for other children also, so there is no cut off...let me know where I can meet ya ;)

Cool.

I'm off work the rest of the week and will be running some errands Thursday. Not sure where you are located. I was thinking of making a trip to performance today. Let me know. Or maybe on a ride in the next week or so.

Ripper
Tue May 18th, 2004, 07:38 PM
It's time to collect again...

Ripper
Thu Jul 8th, 2004, 01:45 PM
I'd like to give a special thanks to Gene McLeod ( Jessicas Dad) for his rather large donation... :up: :cheers:

hrvstofsrrw
Sun Jul 25th, 2004, 01:09 PM
this still being done i got a bunch of tabs from working at the coffee shop and all the damm pepsi around the house.

Ripper
Wed Sep 1st, 2004, 07:51 AM
Yes!!!

Thank you

Spiderman
Mon Mar 27th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Ripper has been MIA for about a year now (give or take), and I've been wondering about this - I've been collected tabs ever since the last donation and probably have well over a thousand. I was going to ask if anybody knew if this is still going on, but I just called the number in this post:
The central drop off facility for the tabs is Wheat Ridge Internal Medicine Center ... 303-422-2343 EX 103 ask for AmberThey had no clue who Amber was, :lol: and when I mentioned the tabs, they informed me that they had too many of them, so they stopped doing this program. If anybody has tabs to donate, apparently Ronald McDonald House is accepting them.

GixxStunna
Mon Mar 27th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Yes!!!

Thank you
thanks brotha for keeping this going it means a lot to me