PDA

View Full Version : Integrate signals

Cassius32
Wed Sep 13th, 2006, 05:40 PM
I am sure this has been posted before, but I couldn't find anything. I live in arvada and I was wondering what it takes ($,time,experience) to integrate turn signals. Is it as simple as unplug and unbolt the ones on and then bolt on the new ones or is it all complicated. Just a noob with another noob question.

GSXR-ATW
Wed Sep 13th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Are you trying to just put aftermarket signals on, or are you trying to integrate your turn signals into your brake light?

Cassius32
Wed Sep 13th, 2006, 05:49 PM
I want to integrate the rear signals into the brake light.

TurboGizzmo
Wed Sep 13th, 2006, 08:48 PM
In my research for my bike at least it seems to depend on price. Some people have $20 dollar kits to "integrate" your tail lights and signals but it involves cutting, splicing and normally your blinkers could end up flashing all screwy. The one I want for my bike is around $100 that i found on ebay and its a simple bolt in replacement with direct connectors (no cutting or modding)

Jump on ebay and enter you bike in and see what you find to get an idea.

Ghost Rider
Wed Sep 13th, 2006, 09:12 PM
performance cycle stocks them also

King Nothing
Wed Sep 13th, 2006, 09:15 PM
clear alternatives, Look 'em up on google

Cassius32
Wed Sep 13th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Thanks everyone, doing some research, doesn't look to be too hard or expensive.
thanks again

DevilsTonic
Thu Sep 14th, 2006, 07:01 AM
Thanks everyone, doing some research, doesn't look to be too hard or expensive.
thanks again

I bought one from http://www.vfxkits.com/c215092.2.html you can buy them pre-assembled so all you do is replace the tail light. Or you can just buy the board and try to do it yourself. If you are looking to replace stock front signals check these out. http://www.watsendesign.com/

Fly boy
Thu Sep 14th, 2006, 09:28 AM
I did mine for 14 bucks. The only thing is when the turn signals on, and I use the brake.... they blink twice as fast

Went to Autozone and got a wireing kit. Yes you have to cut wires, but if you do it correctly, shrink wrap and such, it still looks nice. PM me for more details if you want.

Cassius32
Thu Sep 14th, 2006, 10:51 AM
fly boy check your pm.
Thanks to everyone else hope to meet and see you all sunday