PDA

View Full Version : Denver to Durango

havespacesuit
Thu Sep 14th, 2006, 06:50 AM
Hey Folks,

I'm headed to Durango tomorrow. I'm very excited for my first ever long trip. I'm going to be just like a big boy! Anybody have any advice for the n00b?

Adam

Mista Black
Thu Sep 14th, 2006, 07:33 AM
what's your route going to be? what bike are you doing it on? there are several ways to get there. some of them have gas stops spaced kinda far apart for most sport bike gas ranges.

havespacesuit
Thu Sep 14th, 2006, 07:45 AM
I'm planning on taking 285 through Monte Vista to 160, taking 160 up over Wolf Creek, through Pagosa Springs, and into Durango.

Edit - Bike: old and busted '92 yamaha Seca II with what sounds like a sticky valve.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Sep 14th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Ride FAST & Take Chances j/k :D

Auron
Tue Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:00 AM
Let us know how Wolf Creek pass is. I've been avoiding that area for 5 years now are they done with the conctruction yet?

V-Twin Villain
Tue Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:34 AM
They are done with construction. I went threw there in July on my way back from Mexico.

If you get a chance to shoot up 550 from Durango to Ouray, do it. It's my favorite ride in CO. If you keep heading north it will take you to 50. You can take that back to 285 or take it back to 25. Have fun on your ride. Watch out for snow, the San Juans can get angry in the afternoon.

Jaydoc
Tue Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:24 PM
Let us know how Wolf Creek pass is. I've been avoiding that area for 5 years now are they done with the conctruction yet?

Not only is it finished, it's an awesome ride! :up:

pilot
Tue Oct 3rd, 2006, 02:03 PM
Yep, it's a million-dollar view along the Sawtooth's near Telluride.