PDA

View Full Version : mp3

havespacesuit
Thu Sep 14th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Anyone have any thoughts about riding with an mp3 player? I'm tempted, but I'm also afraid I might not hear something I might need to. But then I ride with earplugs anyway, so I'm not sure there's much difference.

Adam

Kendo
Thu Sep 14th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Sometimes I ride with my Ipod ... I just keep the volume down to where I can still hear traffic......

SS929
Thu Sep 14th, 2006, 04:34 PM
I ride with my mp3 player all the time. Just leave the volume down so you can hear, about the same amount as if you were wearing ear plugs.

Repsol a095
Fri Sep 15th, 2006, 06:35 AM
I use my MP3 through my chatterbox; that way I can control the volume at all times. Additionally, if you get yanked by the cops while listening to your MP3, it's a big ticket. With the chatterbox, you can shut everything down immediately, and the cop won't know if you have a MP3 or not.

dallas
Fri Sep 15th, 2006, 08:19 AM
I also use my mp3 through the Chatterbox.

I think that is funny how you can have a two way communication device, but you can't listen to music. Music keeps me way more focused than listening to my wife bitch about how fast we are going!!!!

Mista Black
Fri Sep 15th, 2006, 08:27 AM
i've tried it and personally can't stand it... it distracts me too much. a lot of the people i ride with use them and dont seem distracted by it so it's really just me and my opinion.

vdubguy2k
Fri Sep 15th, 2006, 09:02 AM
I ride with mine quite often. I have a speaker "mounted" in the right side of my helmet so I dont actually have anything in my ear. On the cord coming down about 8 inches from the speaker is a volume control piece that I can use while I'm riding to adjust the volume or turn it off completely. I just have my mp3 player in my jacket pocket and let it shuffle thru songs.....using the outside volume control as needed. If I pull my helment off the speaker stays in but I have to unplug from the mp3 player.

DiddysR6
Sat Sep 23rd, 2006, 03:48 AM
On another note, there was a kid named Justin that rode a white 03 r1 that had a XM kit mounted in his trunk area, and had wireless headphones installed in his helmet.

Mel
Sat Sep 23rd, 2006, 12:38 PM
I tried riding with my ipod once (while on a stright long ride to Ft. Collins) and didn't really like it. While the music was better than the drone of the bike at speed, I found that the music didn't drown out the wind noise the way that ear plugs do, it just fought to see which was louder. I pretty much always ride with ear plugs now, and find that it takes down the "drone" of wind and allows me to focus a little more on the bike itself.