PDA

View Full Version : Black Hummer warning - Idaho Sprs - Central City

Bill-RST1000
Fri Sep 15th, 2006, 05:49 PM
I want to thank whoever put the warning up about the black Hummer cop on that stretch between Idaho Sprgs to Central City. I topped a hill and headed down into a nice sweeper when I spotted him parked in the median and was able to shut down fast. I appreciate the heads up...

schnorbitz
Fri Sep 15th, 2006, 07:00 PM
That would be Pilot - I think

Archangel
Fri Sep 15th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Yeah, in his Lotus... =P

Bassil Duwaik
Fri Sep 15th, 2006, 08:23 PM
I actually thought that that was a joke or something. You mean to tell me there is really a cop riding around in a hummer

Mel
Fri Sep 15th, 2006, 08:36 PM
I actually thought that that was a joke or something. You mean to tell me there is really a cop riding around in a hummer

Are you serious? There are numerous cops running around in all sorts of higher end vehicles. City of Lone Tree alone has a whole bank of H3's, Jeffco has Chargers, Breckenridge even has some Range Rovers...the list goes on. Would figure you would know all the cop cars to look out for with the way that you say you ride...then again with all the tickets you recently got, maybe not :lol:

Bassil Duwaik
Fri Sep 15th, 2006, 08:57 PM
The only cars I'm used to seeing are either the bikes, crown vic's, impala's, intrepeits and hmmmm I think that's it. I've seen a lowrider cop car at a show once lol

Nick_Ninja
Fri Sep 15th, 2006, 09:40 PM
The only cars I'm used to seeing are either the bikes, <snip>

Now that makes a whole lot of sense :roll:

pilot
Fri Sep 15th, 2006, 09:46 PM
WARNING, WARNING, WARNING!!!

WATCH OUT FOR THIS NEWEST POLICE VEHICLE. MAN THIS GUY ALMOST BUSTED ME TODAY.

http://dpkgi.free.fr/files/cop_bike.jpg

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/nelson/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg

King Nothing
Fri Sep 15th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Thief! that guy stole my bike!

Mista Black
Fri Sep 15th, 2006, 10:42 PM
isn't that Sparky???? :idea:

:lol:

sfarson
Fri Sep 15th, 2006, 11:27 PM
I want to thank whoever put the warning up about the black Hummer cop on that stretch between Idaho Sprgs to Central City. I topped a hill and headed down into a nice sweeper when I spotted him parked in the median and was able to shut down fast. I appreciate the heads up...

Talking to a rider while in Idaho Springs this week, he mentioned getting a ticket from enforcement in a black Hummer. "79mph in ???". Cop reduced it to a "65mph in a ???". Don't recall what the speed limit is on the parkway.

pilot
Sat Sep 16th, 2006, 06:27 AM
Talking to a rider while in Idaho Springs this week, he mentioned getting a ticket from enforcement in a black Hummer. "79mph in ???". Cop reduced it to a "65mph in a ???". Don't recall what the speed limit is on the parkway.Fitty, slo five-O. 50 cent. Half a buck. Glass half full. Anybody else got another way to say it?

King Nothing
Sat Sep 16th, 2006, 08:55 AM
too slow?

Fly boy
Sat Sep 16th, 2006, 09:42 AM
school zone speed?

dapper
Sat Sep 16th, 2006, 10:08 AM
slow enough for an H2 to catch you...

CSP uses their Chargers too

3/4gixxer
Sat Sep 16th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Silver F-150 on 287 yesterday. Couldn't tell at all except the radar was blastin' and the small lights at the windshield.

denverbusa
Sun Sep 17th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Wish to god I had my camera when I saw a CSP (or jeffco sheriff?) panel van that had a bike pulled over. While I felt for the rider I couldn't help but chuckle about getting busted by that huge rig.

Bassil Duwaik
Sun Sep 17th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Wish to god I had my camera when I saw a CSP (or panel van that had a bike pulled over. While I felt for the rider I couldn't help but laugh about getting busted by that huge rig.

lol that's too funny

303WIN
Wed Sep 20th, 2006, 10:01 PM
My buddy got clocked last month at a 100mph but they reduced it to 79mph in a 50. Cops are all over the place up there. They are using the new Chargers too.

pilot
Wed Sep 20th, 2006, 10:13 PM
I think we should post pictures of every kind of cop car (that we actually see in Colorado, on the roads). That way we could "train" our eyes to watch out for them. This, of course, is so that if there is an emergency, we can locate them quickly...

daemon
Wed Sep 20th, 2006, 11:35 PM
This, of course, is so that if there is an emergency, we can locate them quickly...

do you think they would be around if you needed them???

pilot
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 09:37 AM
Really, the idea was so that we could spot
em easier and make sure we don't need to negotiate a ticket into a warning or reduced pointer. Who knows, we might end up with an interesting collection of pics.
do you think they would be around if you needed them???

daemon
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 09:42 AM
i know i just saw the black traiblazer pull someone over this morning.
as above:black trailblazer with soccer mom stickers in the back window.
he got me a couple months ago.
changing lanes with no signal

Nick_Ninja
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 09:55 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/Nick_Ninja/PNW.jpg

pilot
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 09:58 AM
I think they are getting all these vehicles from drug busts

Kendo
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 10:02 AM
I m sure that there is already a post for this....but on the Superbike show they said that the siezed this Hayabusa in a drug bust and decided to use it....
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2006/05/25/suzuki-hayabusa-police-interceptor/

They showed a video clip of him going after someone from a dead stop.....:shocked:

Sully
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 10:04 AM
With SOCCER MOM stickers... WTF :wtf:.... that is LAME !

daemon
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 10:09 AM
With SOCCER MOM stickers... WTF :wtf:.... that is LAME !

bet it gives you more apprehension in passing the typical soccer mom transport in hopes to be safer.
keep a vigilant eye y'all