PDA

View Full Version : High Wind Warning on Peak to Peak today.

pilot
Sat Sep 16th, 2006, 06:34 AM
Very windy today. Sunday is a better day to ride. HINT, HINT.

duc-man
Sat Sep 16th, 2006, 03:54 PM
its windy everywhere lol

Bassil Duwaik
Sat Sep 16th, 2006, 06:01 PM
No kidding. I just got back from a quick ride though coal creek canyon and the wind was impressive. I was going in some areas 45mph and I could still feel crap hitting me in the back from the wind. Wish I had an open stretch to gun the throttle with the wind at my back. Bet I could have broke 210 easy. Moreover, on some of the curbs I generally don't have to lean much at low speeds but because of the crosswind it felt funny going so slow yet having to lean so much.

Anyways everyone be safe, and ride free…but be prepared to accept the consequence.

Mel
Sat Sep 16th, 2006, 06:58 PM
. Bet I could have broke 210 easy.

:shocked: You have got to be kidding.

Bueller
Sat Sep 16th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Just applying his people skills again.

Nick_Ninja
Sun Sep 17th, 2006, 12:30 AM
We rode Stove Prairie Road (after bailing on US 34) to Pouder Canyon. Had some issue dodging ICE BLOCKS that fell off eastbound RVs. There must have been six inches of snow accumulation on the top of Cameron Pass this morning. Nasty is all I can say.

Nick_Ninja
Sun Sep 17th, 2006, 12:54 AM
No kidding. I just got back from a quick ride though coal creek canyon and the wind was impressive. I was going in some areas 45mph and I could still feel crap hitting me in the back from the wind. Wish I had an open stretch to gun the throttle with the wind at my back. Bet I could have broke 210 easy. Moreover, on some of the curbs I generally don't have to lean much at low speeds but because of the crosswind it felt funny going so slow yet having to lean so much.

Anyways everyone be safe, and ride free…but be prepared to accept the consequence.

You are an ASS Sir (notice how I capitalize your once-in-a-life-time moniker--- I will offer nothing more) FUCK YOU AND YOUR 210mph ATTITUDE. I have friends whom live in the canyon you are depicting. Watch out. All we need is a license plate. :321:

pilot
Sun Sep 17th, 2006, 06:58 AM
Gee... I was just trying to let folks know that there might be a little wind blowing. Turned out to be a lot of hot air.

Scruff Dog
Sun Sep 17th, 2006, 11:11 AM
n.n - Did our ride through the wind make you grumpy or was it CU dropping another game. Thanks for the invite on yesterdays ride.

rforsythe
Sun Sep 17th, 2006, 11:18 AM
We rode Stove Prairie Road (after bailing on US 34) to Pouder Canyon. Had some issue dodging ICE BLOCKS that fell off eastbound RVs. There must have been six inches of snow accumulation on the top of Cameron Pass this morning. Nasty is all I can say.

Nothin but two, baby!!

Bassil Duwaik
Mon Sep 18th, 2006, 09:18 AM
hey Nick Ninja you want me to give you my plates now and save you the trouble with all your cheap talk

Canuck
Mon Sep 18th, 2006, 12:06 PM
hey Nick Ninja you want me to give you my plates now and save you the trouble with all your cheap talk

I would recommend that you stop the immature behavoir. Your actions on this site are being closely scrutinized.

Bassil Duwaik
Mon Sep 18th, 2006, 12:08 PM
really, this guy calls me an ass and the likes and you give me a warning. Forget this site. ban me if you like, I'm leaving

Sully
Mon Sep 18th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Jeez Canuck.. give the kid a break... :mrt:

Canuck
Mon Sep 18th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Its not a 'banning issue' with me, yet ;) You don't have to resurect a day old post, because you were "offended". Just let it go. You are obviously on N.N, (and other members) bad side, so let it be and it will cool off and blow over.

V-Twin Villain
Mon Sep 18th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Bassil...you keep this site fun. Lol!

Don't stop being you man, keep up the good fight.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Sep 18th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Bassil Dude --- no worries. Keep up the good work! Statements like this:

Wish I had an open stretch to gun the throttle with the wind at my back. Bet I could have broke 210 easy.

..................................... speak for themselves. :roll:

Take your kickstand plate and go back to the play-pen.

Bassil Duwaik
Mon Sep 18th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Okay I’m going to lay down all my cards on the table. For one I didn’t resurrect this threat, someone else did and it caught my attention when I clicked on new threads. For two, I do like this site and enjoyed getting to meet everyone even better.

Sadly it’s the few tyrants who wish to control or restrict what and how I write what I write that are the glitches here. For that reason I’m not going to write about how I’m going to kick your ass ******* when I see you, because that isn’t me. I’m also not going to write about how when/if I find out where you live I won’t be going out of my way to rip you a new asshole, because that would be plane wrong and unbecoming of my true nature. Moreover, I’m not going to write about how it’s bitches like you in the pen we let your hair grow long and call you Fifi.

If it is your intent to ban me then do so without your timid threats. I enjoy constructive criticism and well apologize when I’m wrong for my ego isn’t bigger then my head. But if your going to even attempt to act as a moderator, then do act like one across the board instead of being discriminate.

Moderators such as you have managed to inhibit a true atmosphere of openness and forthcoming among riders and their experiences. Because of your actions or inactions good leaders and riders such as painzer and possibly yet myself feel as though we’re not welcome here.

Hmmm this is all I can surmise at this point. Just taking a little break from studying.

Scruff Dog
Mon Sep 18th, 2006, 03:11 PM
I too take exception to this constant glorifying of completely irresponsible motorcycle riding on public roads. Despite all of the obvious dangers to everyone on the road, it simply gives all sport bike riders a bad name. If I am to believe the common message in Bassils posts, he routinely rides in the 3 digit range. I can only imagine the lengths he goes to get around cars. Could it be that these guys are the reason total strangers in cars flip me off when I'm on my bike.

Bassil Duwaik
Mon Sep 18th, 2006, 03:49 PM
While you’re at it why not say that about the red car I drive. Anyone unfortunate enough to get cut off or something to that effect by me driving a red car and assumes all people who drive red cars shouldn't be driving must certainly be a fool. And anyone who perceives such should simply keep their mouth shut.

V-Twin Villain
Mon Sep 18th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Nevermind, I had something positive, and funny to say but, all I can do is laugh...

Does this happen everyweek, or is it just me?

Bassil Duwaik
Mon Sep 18th, 2006, 04:03 PM
My take on this whole "Bassil bashing" is he exaggerates a little, well maybe alott. However it makes for some good reading. This is better then a soup opera. "As the Motorcyle World turns". Coming soon, Bassil out runs a pregnant cheetah in africa, while hoping to do Mach 2. Bad Bassil!
Be safe guys and let's try to have some possitive posts which would be the opposite of this one.

lol fair enough

DeeStylez
Mon Sep 18th, 2006, 04:18 PM
LOL, I enjoyed riding with Bassil, he is a good friend and role model for the new bikers out there such as myself. People have there own way of riding and if someone in a car drives by flipping you off, maybe jealuosy is a factor.... or you cut them off is another. Squash the issue and move forward. :) PEace!

Feathered upstart!
Mon Sep 18th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Bassil, if you are going to make lame threats on the internet, at least learn how to spell basics words first.

Second, anyone who makes lame threats on the internet obviously cannot follow through with them.

So why don't you do everyone here a favor and shut your mouth.

Cassius32
Mon Sep 18th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Maybe it's just me but I thought the thread title was High wind warning.

Can't we all just get along:slappers:

Sully
Tue Sep 19th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Can't we all just get along:slappers:

Gahhhh... just because you're like.... uhm... 6'5 or something.... oh hell... why not... let's just all get along.. :makeout:.... :lol:

Nice riding with you Cassius32... :hibye:

3/4gixxer
Tue Sep 19th, 2006, 08:55 AM
LOL, I enjoyed riding with Bassil, he is a good friend and role model for the new bikers out there such as myself. People have there own way of riding and if someone in a car drives by flipping you off, maybe jealuosy is a factor.... or you cut them off is another. Squash the issue and move forward. :) PEace!
You might want to reevaluate your description of a friend. he might be a great guy, but I'd NEVER glorify 170, 210, etc mph to "new bikers":shocked: . That's a sure way to make them dead bikers. A true role model encourages moderation withing ability....remember, you said NEW.

pilot
Tue Sep 19th, 2006, 09:51 AM
E-gads! Wasn't this post about a "High Wind Warning"... Hijacked thread...

3/4gixxer
Tue Sep 19th, 2006, 10:01 AM
E-gads! Wasn't this post about a "High Wind Warning"... Hijacked thread...

But wasn't that wind a pain this weekend? Rode with a couple of peeps up north this Friday and it was blowing pretty bad!

pilot
Tue Sep 19th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Between 72/7 (Peak to Peak) and Estes I felt like somebody hit me in the head with a 2X4. Man that was a hard wind gust.
But wasn't that wind a pain this weekend? Rode with a couple of peeps up north this Friday and it was blowing pretty bad!

daemon
Tue Sep 19th, 2006, 10:12 AM
twisting through horsetooth with a few riders saturday afternoon i could feel the bike lean for me.
not a good thing.
glad i went that route rather than I-25

Devaclis
Tue Sep 19th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Damn Pilot, see what you started? Now I think you are gonna have to throw another party to make up for this :)

pilot
Tue Sep 19th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Damn Pilot, see what you started? Now I think you are gonna have to throw another party to make up for this :)Hell, the way things are going, I may have to throw up a "rent party":siesta: Damn, I may need to find a job SOON. ARRRRGH:banghead: But, I'm sure I'll get no sympathy from anyone here-on the site:cry:

Bassil Duwaik
Tue Sep 19th, 2006, 10:21 AM
yeah sorry about hijacking this thead. Never dreamed it would come out the way it has. But looks like it's back on track now. Very good luck finding a job pilot