PDA

View Full Version : First Freakin' thread!

Bueller
Sat Sep 16th, 2006, 05:46 PM
I don't ride as much as some, but I will ride all winter if there isn't snow/ice pack, but this winter may bring more daring with the arrival of the Super Motard!

King Nothing
Sat Sep 16th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Yeah. Congratulations. What do want? A medal? :roll:

Bueller
Sat Sep 16th, 2006, 06:21 PM
No, but if you could close your hole I'd be happy :321:

NZ Darren
Sat Sep 16th, 2006, 06:22 PM
I had pizza for lunch today

rforsythe
Sat Sep 16th, 2006, 06:24 PM
I guess now would be a good time to point out that if you have nothing to add here, don't post. We have enough people in the club into this kind of riding that there should be a fair amount of relevant posts, and we don't need the ignorant crap in here too.

Just like the stunna forum, stupidity'll getcha banned.

Feathered upstart!
Sat Sep 16th, 2006, 06:28 PM
I ride all winter.
As long as its clear and there is some where to go.:slappers:

NZ Darren
Sat Sep 16th, 2006, 06:36 PM
I ride all year round, my car is horrible in the snow so if I can get my bike out of the neighborhood I'll ride.
I have a little temp computer thingee on the bike and my record low is 14.
I get off work at 6am so it can be a little cool then.
Took me a while to get the right gear combination to be warm enough for my 20 min commute.

Mac020
Sat Sep 16th, 2006, 07:29 PM
I ride my GS when the weather gets nasty. Heated vest, grips and seat. Metzler Trials (for lack of a better word) tires. Long as it's not icy!:cry: I've thought of doing the stud thing but that seems like it might be worse on dry roads. Guess that's what my truck is for.

Dysco
Sun Sep 17th, 2006, 08:09 PM
I ride my GS when the weather gets nasty. Heated vest, grips and seat. Metzler Trials (for lack of a better word) tires. Long as it's not icy!:cry: I've thought of doing the stud thing but that seems like it might be worse on dry roads. Guess that's what my truck is for.

The stud thing isn't much worse on dry roads- it's the tires you have to run that make it bad. It's not critical to stud the knobs you use to corner. If you're serious about it, drop me a PM and I'll tell you all about it- I sorta pioneered the current popular process.

When I went from my stud bike to a 4x4 toyota, I was shocked to discover that the truck sucked in the snow by comparison. I'd take a bike any day up to 8" but finances and genetics have conspired to make that an impossibility at the moment.

Mista Black
Mon Sep 18th, 2006, 12:27 PM
i got my truck just as winter was ending. i think it only snowed once after i got it (and i drove the truck). but now that's it's started getting cold again, of course, the bike is back out and i'm planning on riding it to work every night so long as there's no ice (or change, thereof).... go figure.