PDA

View Full Version : Arai Helmets

Canuck
Fri Feb 27th, 2004, 10:59 PM
If anybody is interested in getting the '03 Quantum helmets cheap, go to Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza in Colorado Springs. I'm going there on saturday. I've had my eye on the Nakano design for months now, just waiting for the price to go down when the new '04 quantum's come out. Well the new helmets are out and i've got them holding a '03 Nakano for me at &299.00 :o They normally sell for $530.00. The solids are probably cheaper than that.

(( LO LO ))
Fri Feb 27th, 2004, 11:50 PM
Yeah, alot of the 03 helmets are going for good prices. I was at Rocky Mountain today, and I bought the SHOEI X-11 Daijiro Kato Memorial Limited. It wasn't cheap at over $500 with chrome shield also, but it is a SWEET helmet. Feels great compared to my ARAI Quantum F/Okada. The liner pads are placed perfectly for your skull. The ventilation is one of the nicest. And you can't beat the ease of replacing the shield (took me 15 seconds!) Check out Kneedraggers.com Their prices are pretty good. The helmet I just bought is cheaper through Kneedraggers.com, but I couldn't wait! :banghead:

EliR6
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 03:22 PM
If anybody is interested in getting the '03 Quantum helmets cheap, go to Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza in Colorado Springs. I'm going there on saturday. I've had my eye on the Nakano design for months now, just waiting for the price to go down when the new '04 quantum's come out. Well the new helmets are out and i've got them holding a '03 Nakano for me at &299.00 :o They normally sell for $530.00. The solids are probably cheaper than that.

Do you know if they have a "Re-entry" size S? I need a new lid, but I really shouldn't be spending money right now. Decisions decisions.

Anyone have their contact info?

Eli

BlueDevil
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 04:03 PM
I had been bidding on ebay for weeks and decided to give up. Went to Performance and got me an ARAI Edwards rep for 320.00.

Quick636
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 04:36 PM
Ive gotten two brand new Arai's on EBay in the past 2 weeks for around 200 each :D

Gramps
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 05:57 PM
i'm with jay on this one

i bought one last month for 200 to the door off ebay

can't beat it right now :up:

i don't think helmets will stay that cheap for very much longer :cry:

Quick636
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 06:22 PM
You just gotta have patience on EBay. I literally went through every auction of anything similiar to what I was looking for. There is ALWAYS one or two helmets that slip through the cracks and don't get bid on.

Canuck
Mon Mar 1st, 2004, 07:21 PM

Do you know if they have a "Re-entry" size S? I need a new lid, but I really shouldn't be spending money right now. Decisions decisions.

Anyone have their contact info?

Eli They had the re-entery in a medium. Though I don't know if they had it in a small. There #719.591.9700. I also was cheeking ebay, and with arai's, its catch them while you can.

EliR6
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 08:51 AM
You just gotta have patience on EBay. I literally went through every auction of anything similiar to what I was looking for. There is ALWAYS one or two helmets that slip through the cracks and don't get bid on.
Yeah, I've tried that too, but the problem is that they almost NEVER have a small helmet (which is my size). Not to mention that I'll never buy a used helmet anyway. Personal preference. 8)

They had the re-entery in a medium. Though I don't know if they had it in a small. There #719.591.9700. I also was cheeking ebay, and with arai's, its catch them while you can.
Thanks for the info. I'll call them today.

By the way, if anyone has a good line on Arai helmets, I'm always interested. There's another brand I haven't tried, but have heard good things about too, I think it's KBC. Anyone around here sell those. (man, I'd almost kill for an accessory shop out here like Road Rider in San Jose :x ).

Eli

Bryce
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 09:12 AM
dmta craays kbc and also has pretty good prices on them and for what it's worth are as far as fit and safety are concerned as good as arais but they do lack a little in finish but hell as a racer I figure I'll get maybe 1 year out of a helmet and poof why would I spend the kind of money arai wants when I can buy a kbc for less than half that

EliR6
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 10:54 AM
What/where is DMTA?

Thanks,
Eli

Hoopty
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 10:57 AM
Discount Motorcycle Tire and Accessories. :) I'm lazy, do a search online. :P

Anonymous
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 11:01 AM
It's linked under the shops on the main site... ;)

Quick636
Tue Mar 2nd, 2004, 11:24 AM
Ive owned two KBC helmets, very decent for the money.

I too had the same problem finding an Arai in a small, but they are in there. I really don't like buying used helmets either, but if I can find one that looks new and I can contat the seller to see how used it really is, I would buy one.